BIGFOOT Found?

Mysterious and Mythical Creatures, Hidden Texts, Secret Codes and Ciphers

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

BIGFOOT Found?

Postby ryguy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:48 am

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91706

Well...here's a different angle. The claim isn't an alien in the freezer...these guys claim to have captured Bigfoot himself.

They will provide DNA, Video and Pics... Read up, and decide for yourself whether or not these guys sound sincere....

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: BIGFOOT Found?

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:30 am

Well, FWIW here is an interesting page comparing the Bigfootsicle photo with something else:

http://www.makeupandmonsters.com/FAKE_B ... tories.htm
ImageImage

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:09 pm

What are you trying to say Ray?

Bigfoot Turns Out to Be an Opossum
http://www.livescience.com/blogs/2008/0 ... n-opossum/

Interesting that the Big Foot Profiteers (oops sorry, I mean Hunters) are claiming the DNA testing wasn't done right... so now they're DNA experts too?

A sure sign of hoax is they didn’t march the stuffed monkey suit to their nearest university and only published photos instead.

Doesn't matter, that will be enough for hoax believers and conspiracy theorists to cry coverup and keep this thing going indefinitely.

Therefore, thread moved to famous hoaxes… :D
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:51 am

Guys,

I've exchanged a few emails with the guy who runs the site that Ray cited above... He may join us shortly, if he accepts my invitation, but the funniest part about our exchange was the Ebay auction link that he forwarded me. I literally fell off my chair laughing...

Support the Bigfoot Beer Cooler Preservation Society!!

He has requested that we post as many questions as possible so that he can provide "unique" answers....haha!

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:44 am

Well, opossums DO have five fingers and an opposing thumb...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Opossum

Opossum feet showing opposable "thumb" on back foot.

Coincidence?

Opossum tracks (photo center) and vole tracks (bottom of photo) in mud.

Just sayin... :lol:
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Access Denied wrote:What are you trying to say Ray?

I guess what I am saying is it seems to be just about the right time to pull those coolers out of my basement that hold those aliens I found. 8)

Note To Self: Better build a basement now to make sure this story holds water....errr... ice! #-o

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:09 pm

I see that Biscardi is claiming the Opposum DNA is probably due to Bigfoot having eaten it.
Why did he take a DNA sample from its stomach?

Still, at least he's upfront about wanting to make as much money as possible from his "find".
Another day, another hoaxer.

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:32 am

Oh well, so much for my human/opossum mutant hybrid theory…

Turns out, Bigfoot was just a rubber gorilla suit
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26298733/

Turns out Bigfoot was just a rubber suit. Two researchers on a quest to prove the existence of Bigfoot say that the carcass encased in a block of ice — handed over to them for an undisclosed sum by two men who claimed to have found it — was slowly thawed out, and discovered to be a rubber gorilla outfit.

An undisclosed sum? Hope it was worth it…

Matt Whitton, an officer who has been on medical leave from the Clayton County Police Department, and Rick Dyer, a former Georgia corrections officer, announced the find in early July on YouTube videos and a Web site.

"Everyone who has talked down to us is going to eat their words," Whitton said at the time.

[snip]

On Tuesday, Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner said he has not spoken to Whitton but processed paperwork to fire him.

"Once he perpetrated a fraud, that goes into his credibility and integrity," Turner said. "He has violated the duty of a police officer."

Considering they changed their story of the how they found it at least three times I wouldn’t be surprised to find out the “researchers” were the ones they got it from… no doubt they made out like bandits.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:34 am

Amazing...I knew something would come out eventually - just didn't think that the hoax would become apparent this fast.

-Ryan
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Let's highlight a quote from the police officer in the story:

On Tuesday, Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner said he has not spoken to Whitton but processed paperwork to fire him.

"Once he perpetrated a fraud, that goes into his credibility and integrity," Turner said.

How true. I would now like to invite folks to carry this thought over to the ATS Watch forum to the thread about ATS and their ethics. In case anyone is wondering, most people consider integrity to be a basis for ethical behavior.

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Awwww...Can't Anyone Take a JOKE?

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/21/bigfoo ... index.html

In an exclusive interview with CNN affiliate WSB, the two hoaxers -- car salesman Rick Dyer and now-fired police officer Matt Whitton -- said the whole situation began as a joke and then got out of hand.

"It's just a big hoax, a big joke," Dyer told WSB.

"It's Bigfoot," Dyer explained. "Bigfoot doesn't exist."

Whitton chimed in: "All this was a big joke. It got into something way bigger than it was supposed to be."

And who is responsible for it getting "way bigger than it was supposed to be?" Is this what John Lear and the sickos who promulgate outrageous lies are going to say someday? I don't like people being taken advantage of. While I can say that people who believe crazy claims all too easily are less-than-critical or a bit short in the intelligence department, I realize there are still people who desperately WANT to believe some of this stuff. And I feel bad that those people are taken advantage of by crap like this. But on the flipside, the people who get all militant and in-your-face when something like this comes up saying "See! We told you it was real!"... I hope those people are running for cover right about now.

Dyer, asked if ever thought that the hoopla had become more than just a joke, implied that everyone should have known it was a hoax.

Again, rather than take responsibility, they deflect blame off onto other people who "should have known".

Sick.
Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:15 pm

I agree 100% with everything you've written above - and people like this do a great disservice to people who are legitimately trying to study any field that is sorely lacking good data.

But the problem I have with cases like this is that the hoaxters completely discredit some of the witness accounts that are sometimes not only legitimate but very credible...and additionally, they make other people who are witnesses go into hiding because they don't want to look "stupid." That's the biggest problem I have with hoaxes - it's that they cater to the "believers," and when they are uncovered they provide skeptics something to point to and say "see...it's all bull." Unfortunately neither situation is the ideal one, in my mind.

Discovery of the unknown source for phenomenon comes from #1, accepting that some witness/data out there might be legitimate sources of information. But also #2, dismissing, out of hand, those cases that don't immediately pass the "non-hoax" litmus test.

But I really cringe when a believer points to a witness statement and says "see..it's all true," or a skeptic points to a disproven case and says "see...it's all fake," because it's much more likely that the truth lies somewhere in the middle...

Anyway..just my 56 cents. I'm afraid I went over my word count for the day. :)
-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Bigfoot Hoax

Postby pork » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Can anyone tell us if there were any consequences for the two knuckleheads who pulled off that Bigfoot body hoax a few years ago?
Thanks-Pork
pork
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: Bigfoot Hoax

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 am

Wasn't one of them fired or something?

P.S. Welcome to RU. Also, I moved your post to our existing thread on this.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Re: Bigfoot Hoax

Postby gunter » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:19 pm

pork wrote:Can anyone tell us if there were any consequences for the two knuckleheads who pulled off that Bigfoot body hoax a few years ago?
Thanks-Pork

They were waterboarded by the FBI and confessed to SBFV. Stolen Big Foot Valor. It was a sordid affair and they are now serving a 27 year sentence at Gitmo. At their trial they said this (special thanks to YouCanCallMeRayHudson for preserving the transcript)
"All this was a big joke. It got into something way bigger than it was supposed to be."

Big joke, eh? Bear in mind that the internetz is serious business and have another cup of water. Bastards.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Next

Google

Return to Cryptozoology & Cryptology