Keeping my eyes peeled

Mysterious and Mythical Creatures, Hidden Texts, Secret Codes and Ciphers

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Keeping my eyes peeled

Postby jbondo » Wed May 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been scouring the interwebs searching for fresh cryptid info, mainly Bigfoot. I haven't seen anything worth reporting on yet. That guy in Florida with the mating season thing is a crack pot so I didn't bother. I do think it's possible for a Bigfoot to smell a menstruating human female but that as far as I go with that story. I also saw a video that someone is trying to pass off as new but it's actually at least a year old. Anyway, I just wanted you all to know I'm looking on a regular basis.

By the way, does anyone think Megalodons might still be roaming the oceans?

Disclaimer for those that take everything literally: No I am not fully convinced that Bigfoot exists. I would currently put myself at about 60%.
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: Keeping my eyes peeled

Postby Chorlton » Thu May 20, 2010 11:57 am

jbondo wrote:Hey everyone,
. I do think it's possible for a Bigfoot to smell a menstruating human female but that as far as I go with that story.

So you only put yourself at 60% for a bigfoot yet you postulate, it can smell a menstuating woman.
Pretty weird logic there?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby jbondo » Thu May 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Do I have to spell everything out or provide disclaimers for everything I say? Who are you people?

OK Chorlton, if Bigfoot did exist I would expect it as a primate to be able to smell a menstruating human female based on reactions by chimpanzees and other lower primates.

Is that better for you? Come on Dude, you knew exactly what I meant.
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby jbondo » Thu May 20, 2010 3:52 pm

By the way, I saw a story about some tracks that were discovered in Minnesota by the Northern Minnesota Bigfoot Society. So, you'd expect some credibility but guess what? After reading a decent story it was all dashed against the rocks when the NMBS guy made this statement:
they are spiritual creatures, that manifest in flesh as they so desire
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu May 20, 2010 6:22 pm

As it should be...why can't sane people run these organizations? It's pathetic. I interviewed a guy up in Vermont - a very intelligent guy who goes out in the woods and records his research in search of local Bigfoot. He had impressive footage of obvious footprints of human-like shape, at least 3 to 4 inches longer than his rather large foot. He set up night vision cameras and sound recorders - all rather impressive and fairly well done.

On the other hand, it's unfortunate that you've got so many wackos in these fields that simply bumble around and muddy the waters so that none of it is taken seriously. It's very sad. Stupid hoaxes, like the frozen gorilla suit nonsense about a year ago, don't help either.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby jbondo » Fri May 21, 2010 1:42 am

Kinda like Monsterquest. One example of many I remember was an all female team that set up camp and started their research. Periodically I could see what looked like cars going by in the background. Come to find out they were set up less than 100 yds from the road. Surprisingly they came up empty.
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Fri May 21, 2010 8:05 am

ryguy wrote:As it should be...why can't sane people run these organizations? It's pathetic. I interviewed a guy up in Vermont - a very intelligent guy who goes out in the woods and records his research in search of local Bigfoot. He had impressive footage of obvious footprints of human-like shape, at least 3 to 4 inches longer than his rather large foot. He set up night vision cameras and sound recorders - all rather impressive and fairly well done.
-Ry

Problem is Ry, footprints and tracks can degrade very quickly, enlarging, as if by magic from the actions of rain and wind. Tracks in snow are even worse, in strong wind they will degrade at a surprising rate, being worn away by smaller particles crashing into the edges of tracks.
Surprisingly, tracks will also degrade naturally and amazingly quickly from the simple action of the earth the track is in. The earth in some places is remarkably resilient and naturally 'springy' especially in woodland where there is a lot of natural material mixed into and degraded into the ground. Dependant upong the whereabouts of the track such things like the growth of grass or plant material will also distort any tracks. The best example when tracking any animal is its faeces, examination of that will give you a near 99% identification.
Have any Bigfoot faeces been found? or any primate like faeces been found in mainland US?

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby jbondo » Fri May 21, 2010 5:26 pm

While I do agree on the tracks being hard to justify I will say that most alleged activity is in the deep NW and Canada. Feces degrades into the soil very quickly plus it's not like your going to see it on the main road.

Of the many hundreds of hours I've spent in the forest the only droppings that I saw on even an intermittent basis were deer droppings. I have seen other feces but lets face it, how many people are in the woods looking for feces? Add this to the fact that such an animal is allegedly thought to be miles back in the bush and odds grow slim of finding anything.
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri May 21, 2010 6:08 pm

True...and if there is a level of intelligence there, they could always bury it in the ground like humans do.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby jbondo » Fri May 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Well, even the most primitive animals don't crap where they eat.
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Fri May 21, 2010 7:30 pm

jbondo wrote:Well, even the most primitive animals don't crap where they eat.

My cat does !

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby jbondo » Sat May 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Chorlton wrote:My cat does !

You're kidding me!
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Google

Return to Cryptozoology & Cryptology