Woolly mammoth spotted in Siberia. (Not.)

Mysterious and Mythical Creatures, Hidden Texts, Secret Codes and Ciphers

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Woolly mammoth spotted in Siberia. (Not.)

Postby Smersh » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Although that well-known bastion of totally unreliable journalism, the British tabloid the Sun, is trying its best to lead people to believe that is the case. (Or should I say "not" again - I already put "not" in the thread title ... )

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... beria.html

Video in the Sun now posted on Youtube:

It is in fact, a bear fishing in a river - and since it's in the Sun it might not even neccessarily be in Siberia but could be anywhere in the world that bears are found near fast-flowing rivers.

Here's an example of a bear fishing which is in some ways similar:

The bear in the Sun has the fish hanging out of its mouth as it wades through the river. And look at the name at the bottom of that video and is now apparently supplying his nonsense to the Sun. Seems to have branched out from hoax UFOs and is now dabbling in hoax cryptozoology.

Michael $%$#%&%$ Cohen. :roll:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: Woolly mammoth spotted in Siberia. (Not.)

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:51 pm

The Sun is hopefully heading the same way as the News of the World. I hate their brand of journalism, a bigger bunch of hypocrites and scumbags you are unlikely to find anywhere.

Cool video though! If you suspend all disbelief, rational thought AND squint, it can't be anything other than a woolly mammoth!

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Smersh » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:18 pm

The only good thing about the Sun is page 3, Steve. :wink:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:04 pm

When you're right, you're very right! :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Smersh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:02 pm

FYI, we now have an update on the "woolly mammoth" claimed by Michael Cohen, in a hoax of elephantine proportions because it's really a bear situation. Apparently the guy who shot the original video is one Ludovic Petho.

... Ludovic Petho. His name may not be familiar to most people, but his work has been seen by millions; he filmed the mammoth footage at the Kitoy River in Siberia's Sayan Mountains in the summer of 2011.

He's not an anonymous government engineer, but instead a writer and videographer. Petho filmed the river scene during a 10-day solo hike in the mountains as part of a video project he's working on about his grandfather's escape from a Siberian POW camp in 1915 and his walk across Siberia to Budapest, Hungary. The footage may end up being used in a documentary film — but there's one big difference between the video he shot and the woolly mammoth video.

"I don't recall seeing a mammoth; there were bears, deer, and sable," he said in an interview with Life's Little Mysteries. "But no woolly mammoths. I had no idea my footage was used to make this fake sighting." Petho noted that his original video had been available on YouTube since July 2011, depicting an exactly identical scene — minus the faked woolly mammoth, of course.

Full article by Benjamin Radford: http://news.yahoo.com/woolly-mammoth-vi ... 03105.html

Perhaps Mr Petho should consider suing Michael Cohen and the Sun, for using and altering his footage without his permission.

FYI, as Michael Cohen is a member of UFO Casebook forum, (he has made some posts in the past as "Allnewsweb") I have made a post there inviting him to comment there with his side of the story, and as to why he seems to have claimed "copyright" on some video footage that is not his to begin with. See post #16 here:

http://ufocasebook.conforums.com/index. ... 1329257634

I'm not holding my breath though ...
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Smersh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks to Luvey at UFO Casebook for finding this. It's the Benjamin Radford article I posted just now, but also has the original footage of the Kitoy River in Siberia filmed by Ludovic Petho, minus the bear disguised as a woolly mammoth which was added on by Michael Cohen (or one of his hoax factory assistants who's good at cgi maybe ...)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46371562/ns ... zupoVFZqeE

Here's the original footage that's shown on the above article:

(You don't have to watch it all as it just shows the river flowing, with the occasional insect buzzing around in front of the camera. It's a nice, tranquil, relaxing scene without a single woolly mammoth - or bear for that matter - anywhere in sight!)
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Google

Return to Cryptozoology & Cryptology