Hypothetical

Source A / OM musings by Andy Murray, aka Murnut

Moderator: murnut

Re: Hypothetical

Postby AussieMike » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:41 am

oboe wrote:I know I can't. Why can't I delete my account at Amkon? Surely there is a "delete account" button that can be activated. So, maybe the better question is why is the delete account feature not available on Amkon?

Its a numbers game ?.......

The "size" is "measured" using the numbers, much like OMF likes to claim it has 5000 members..........
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby skunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:49 pm

oboe wrote:I know I can't. Why can't I delete my account at Amkon? Surely there is a "delete account" button that can be activated. So, maybe the better question is why is the delete account feature not available on Amkon?

A member by the name of "warrenb", administrator and founder of SHTF411.com, asked one of our admins to delete his account and posts (pack). Without consulting the other admins, pack went ahead and deleted warren's posts and his account, which greatly angered the rest of the community and admins alike.

We have decided as a community that members accounts cannot be deleted, whether through admin or member action.

There will never be an option to delete your account, you're lucky you have the ability to delete your own posts. There was a huge debate about that as well, fortunately the members saw post deletion as a right they wished to maintain.
skunk

Postby skunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:51 pm

AussieMike wrote:

Its a numbers game ?.......

The "size" is "measured" using the numbers, much like OMF likes to claim it has 5000 members..........

The difference between omf and amkon is that no one is banned, and if/when we ever have 5000 members, they'll all be able to post.
skunk

Previous

Google

Return to Murnut's Sauce