Hypothetical

Source A / OM musings by Andy Murray, aka Murnut

Moderator: murnut

Re: Hypothetical

Postby ryguy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:13 am

pack3tg0st wrote:
ryguy wrote:Wow...I don't know pack3tg0st from Adam (as I've said often I only read a thread post or two from OM when someone forwards me a link to check out) - so I don't know why the animosity toward him (although if he's an OM mod I'm sure it's justified..lol).

From your description he sounds like 99% of folks from most conspiracy theory/Ufology forums - is he one of those who has been banning people for publishing their opinions that doesn't promote the Source A hoax?

LOL I'm the Amkon tech guy.

Ahhhh, Amkon. The only thing I know of Amkon is the one arrogant jerk who initially worked with our investigative team until we kicked him out and then he apparently went on to tell people that he "quit."

I totally didn't recognize you as an Amkonite - you have good English and avoid unnecessary cursing, appear intelligent, and you don't pick your nose and flick the boogers at random posters.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby pack3tg0st » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:06 am

ryguy wrote:
pack3tg0st wrote:
ryguy wrote:Wow...I don't know pack3tg0st from Adam (as I've said often I only read a thread post or two from OM when someone forwards me a link to check out) - so I don't know why the animosity toward him (although if he's an OM mod I'm sure it's justified..lol).

From your description he sounds like 99% of folks from most conspiracy theory/Ufology forums - is he one of those who has been banning people for publishing their opinions that doesn't promote the Source A hoax?

LOL I'm the Amkon tech guy.

Ahhhh, Amkon. The only thing I know of Amkon is the one arrogant jerk who initially worked with our investigative team until we kicked him out and then he apparently went on to tell people that he "quit."

I totally didn't recognize you as an Amkonite - you have good English and avoid unnecessary cursing, appear intelligent, and you don't pick your nose and flick the boogers at random posters.

LOL I'm the amkonite that complains about the others doing that.

Its ok man... LIke I said in the other thread... I've given up on amkon... I keep trying to 'quit' the tech work, but every single time I do, Skunk comes up with a 'to do' list... and asks me to just finish that up for him... the list is ever growing.

Sigh.

Anyway, Amkon is only one of 3 forums I administer...
'You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.'

Oscar Wylde
pack3tg0st

Postby oboe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:47 am

AussieMike wrote:Thanks Oboe, i appreciate the answer, out of interest, what do you think is the mechanism for reincarnation.

Uh, I think it's personal choice.
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby oboe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:49 am

pack3tg0st wrote:Anyway, Amkon is only one of 3 forums I administer...

What are the other two?
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby pack3tg0st » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 am

oboe wrote:
pack3tg0st wrote:Anyway, Amkon is only one of 3 forums I administer...

What are the other two?

Erm... I shouldn't say... I don't want to appear to be 'plugging'.

But I'm sure Chorlton will be fast to jump in and tell all...
'You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.'

Oscar Wylde
pack3tg0st

Postby oboe » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:20 am

Dang it, I wanted to know so I could stay away from those forums. :lol:
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby skunk » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Better stay away from amkon then, wouldn't want to be caught wading in the icky feelings pool. Plus I hear the water is infected with HIV.
skunk

Postby oboe » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:09 pm

skunk wrote:Better stay away from amkon then, wouldn't want to be caught wading in the icky feelings pool. Plus I hear the water is infected with HIV.

All the more reason to stay away! I tried to delete my account but couldn't. Why not?
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby skunk » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:12 pm

You can delete your own posts, but not your account. Don't bother asking an admin to do it for you because they won't.
skunk

Postby oboe » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:16 pm

skunk wrote:You can delete your own posts, but not your account. Don't bother asking an admin to do it for you because they won't.

I didn't ask how to delete posts. Why can't I delete my account?
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby skunk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:12 am

oboe wrote:
skunk wrote:You can delete your own posts, but not your account. Don't bother asking an admin to do it for you because they won't.

You can't.
skunk

Postby ryguy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:00 pm

He knows that - he was asking WHY.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby pork » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Hells yeah I would upload. But the question is would that block me from moving on? Would I be ABLE to go on to a different plane, universe or body...if all of that was possible. If not, then no. If this is it, and my thoughts would be an algorithm of psychology and creativity, then yes.
pork
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby oboe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 am

skunk wrote:
oboe wrote:

You can't.

I know I can't. Why can't I delete my account at Amkon? Surely there is a "delete account" button that can be activated. So, maybe the better question is why is the delete account feature not available on Amkon?

ps. Ry, that's she. Image :)
Last edited by oboe on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby AussieMike » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 am

pork wrote:Hells yeah I would upload. But the question is would that block me from moving on? Would I be ABLE to go on to a different plane, universe or body...if all of that was possible. If not, then no. If this is it, and my thoughts would be an algorithm of psychology and creativity, then yes.

I imagine that if this becomes possible, and the tech certainly seems headed that way, then the "software" associated with the uploads could create a virtual reality for the participant, indistingishable from what you experience right now.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/s ... 898177.ece

The breakthrough raises the prospect of significant benefits, such as allowing people who are unable to move or speak to communicate via visualisation of their thoughts; recording people’s dreams; or allowing police to identify criminals by recalling the memories of a witness.

http://www.physorg.com/news171565512.html

The apparent complexity of the human mind is not a barrier to building a ‘replica' brain claims Professor Markram. ‘The brain is of course extremely complex because it has trillions of synapses, billions of neurons, millions of proteins, and thousands of genes. But they are still finite in number. Today's technology is already highly sophisticated and it allows us to reverse engineer the brain rapidly'

http://www.physorg.com/news79289076.html

The finding could help researchers better understand the functioning of human intelligence.

In a review of biological computer models of the brain appearing in the Oct. 6 edition of the journal Science, O'Reilly contends that the prefrontal cortex and basal ganglia operate much like a digital computer system.

Much like the movie total recall, the sense of immersion would be absolute, properly written software would enable a transition that participants would not even notice.
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Murnut's Sauce