Re: Saving Andy

Postby WingsofCrystal » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:42 pm

murnut wrote:
WingsofCrystal wrote:Hi Dan,
I have a baptism gown for Andy.
He can have it framed.
Crystal

I've already been baptized, but thanks

Like AussieMike I was thinking of the photoshop possibilites. :lol: No offense intended Mur.
Crystal
WingsofCrystal

Postby skunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:41 pm

ryguy wrote:lol...why only crimes against women and children? Do you hate men? Why only rape and murder, what about robbery, battery, corporate fraud, money laundering, etc....

I believe men can handle themselves, and if necessary, take matters into their own hands.
skunk

Postby ryguy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:47 pm

skunk wrote:
ryguy wrote:lol...why only crimes against women and children? Do you hate men? Why only rape and murder, what about robbery, battery, corporate fraud, money laundering, etc....

I believe men can handle themselves, and if necessary, take matters into their own hands.

Women can't handle themselves? What is this, the 1950's? :roll:
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby skunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:54 pm

How many men do you know who are victims of rape (outside prison)?
skunk

Postby ryguy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:56 pm

skunk wrote:How many men do you know who are victims of rape (outside prison)?

You listed just a few crimes that you considered "important enough" to report to authorities. The point is that they are important to you - but what about all of the other crimes I listed that are just as important to others. Who are you to decide what broken laws are worthy of reporting and which ones aren't?

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby skunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:58 pm

I decide what is right for me, no one else. That does not mean I have to agree with the actions taken by others, do I?
skunk

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:00 pm

In this case I support the reporting of RT to the authorities. But I still say the mans been outed and needs no further hounding. Continuing like a pack of baying hounds seems more like indignant revenge than justice.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:02 pm

skunk wrote:I decide what is right for me, no one else. That does not mean I have to agree with the actions taken by others, do I?

It means that you you have no right to trash others for reporting to the authorities when laws that are important to them are broken. Just because the law isn't quite important enough to you doesn't mean Andy did the wrong thing. You've stated you would be willing to report broken laws - so when others report broken laws, you are being hypocritical in condemning them, regardless of what the specific law is. That hypocrisy, in my opinion, is more indicative of jealousy of Andy than moral indignation.

**Edit to add*** - the same thing goes for Pack, who seems to share the identical position as you.
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby skunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:06 pm

I never said andy did the "wrong" thing, that's for him to decide. I do not define others sense of right and wrong. It is simply not something I would have done. I do not hate him for doing it, but I don't agree with it either.

Am I allowed to voice my disagreement, or not?
skunk

Postby dan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:11 pm

skunk wrote:I never said andy did the "wrong" thing, that's for him to decide. I do not define others sense of right and wrong. It is simply not something I would have done. I do not hate him for doing it, but I don't agree with it either.

Hey, lookee, here, Skunky boy.

I turned in Source 'A', almost two years before the RU team.

Do you have a problem with that?

Make my day, Skunky-boy!

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby skunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:15 pm

But the only reason he didn't get in trouble was because he's an IC informant (or agent), right?
skunk

Postby ryguy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:16 pm

skunk wrote:I never said andy did the "wrong" thing, that's for him to decide. I do not define others sense of right and wrong. It is simply not something I would have done. I do not hate him for doing it, but I don't agree with it either.

Well your post isn't deleted so that should answer your question. But I'm also allowed to point out your faulty reasoning.
:)
-Ryan
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:52 am

To be fair to Skunk...he is no troll and I respect his opinion....but I do disagree with it.
Skunk has never abused his caretaker role at amkon, and it has given him a lot a grief I'm sure.
The more important disagreement I have with skunk what the spirit of amkon is, and how a troll admin Whack Pack ghost fits into that spirit.

But Skunk believes Amkon is perfect just the way it is, and would not change a thing.

Amkon forum software is really good though...best I have seen.

Pack is good for something...but is horrible for others
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby skunk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:11 pm

haha now now mur, I can troll with the best of them too, don't go icing the cake just yet :mrgreen:

And as for not changing a thing on amkon, I definitely would...Put people like ief and jedi on ignore, and entice others to do so as well, but people love drama. I created the dramakon subforum for folks like them, wastes of space.
skunk

Postby averagejoe » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 am

dan wrote:This is about saving Andy's soul.

Andy does not have a soul to save. Neither do you. There is no such thing, there is no evidence for it.

You are simply an organic compound advanced enough to recognise its own existance. As is Andy.
averagejoe

Previous

Google

Return to Murnut's Sauce