Saving the world?

Source A / OM musings by Andy Murray, aka Murnut

Moderator: murnut

Re: Saving the world?

Postby ryguy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:31 pm

rightstuff - maybe we could start a new thread called "Ninja Tales" lol
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby rightstuff » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 pm

No need for a special thread for Ninjas, my generous friend. With this post, my Ninjas will be on a new assignment to root out liars and those who would otherwise fake Ninja missions. For now, our job on the Eastern Seaboard has been completed. Rest assured, should phony Ninja attacks be reported again, we shall immediately mobilize our Ninjas as appropriate. Until then, keep up the great work of exposing fraud in the UFO community and always remember that while Ninjas are not aliens, some stooges may be or, to the contrary, may be just mentally ill or simply evil. Until our next channel and time, Ninjas over and out. Godspeed my friends.
rightstuff

Postby DrDil » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 pm

rightstuff wrote:No need for a special thread for Ninjas, my generous friend. With this post, my Ninjas will be on a new assignment to root out liars and those who would otherwise fake Ninja missions. For now, our job on the Eastern Seaboard has been completed. Rest assured, should phony Ninja attacks be reported again, we shall immediately mobilize our Ninjas as appropriate. Until then, keep up the great work of exposing fraud in the UFO community and always remember that while Ninjas are not aliens, some stooges may be or, to the contrary, may be just mentally ill or simply evil. Until our next channel and time, Ninjas over and out. Godspeed my friends.

Your posts were more enjoyable and made a great deal more sense than the usual Dan fodder.

Until next time…..
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:30 am

Where is Dan?

Is he still posting at the brainiac forum?
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Danny Panny pudding and pie, beat up the truth and made it cry. When RU came out to play, Danny Panny ran away.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Gary » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:07 pm

ryguy wrote:Danny Panny pudding and pie, beat up the truth and made it cry. When RU came out to play, Danny Panny ran away.

Dan is having a royal time in London, or so I have heard.
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gary » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:16 pm

rightstuff wrote:According to Gary, Ron has "tasked" Dan. According to Ron, Dan is just a barbecue friend. To both claims, a Ninja says nonsense. Ninjas claim that one laughs at the other while slipping deeper and deeper into a mental abyss. One looks for answers to ridiculous questions while the other provides silly answers that only feed into the mentally ill mind. One claims to not be interested in the UFO community, while at the same time feeding false information on UFO's to the other for purposes similar to tearing wings off flies. The barbecue buddy becomes the daily humor only to finally become the best man as the Beautiful Mind reaches its crescendo. All this is told by the Ninjas. Are Ron and Dan Ninjas? Are they aliens? Or are they both just nuts? If you enjoyed this Ninja Tale, stayed tuned, same Ninja time, same Ninja station.

Nice try at damage control, RS. ;-)

US security chiefs tricked in social networking experiment

Many of her new online friends shared personal and professional information and photos, which Ryan claims could have compromised corporate and possibly even national security.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/ju ... robin-sage

During the 28 days that Ryan ran the experiment, Robin [the faked on-line personality] gained a total of about 300 friends on LinkedIn. Her Facebook profile collected 110 friends, and the Twitter account gathered 141 followers. Her social networking skills were on vivid display when she scored connections with officials in the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the National Security Agency, an intelligence director for the U.S. Marines, a chief of staff in Congress, and several people in the Pentagon.

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010 ... z0v54QLPWe
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:09 pm

How is that story relevant to the discussion at hand Gary? And I'm still disgusted by your quote-manipulation earlier, so I must say I'm not exactly very open to much of anything you have to say at this point.

“I think there is a good reason why the propaganda system works that way. It recognizes that the public will not support the actual policies. Therefore it is important to prevent any knowledge or understanding of them.”
- Avram Noam Chomsky (American Linguist and Activist. b.1928)
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby rightstuff » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Damage control Gary? Hmmmm. Me think you should wipe off your brown nose, get some fresh air and reassess from where you have come. It isn't too late for salvation. Wasting some of your life is far better than wasting all of it. Voodoo is fun, but it isn't real. No Gary, there isn't any damage control, just uncovering some Reality as is the task of this joint. So far, my vote is that you are an alien. 8)
rightstuff

Postby Gary » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 pm

"And I'm still disgusted by your quote-manipulation earlier..."

Ryan: it was a joke!

Recall the crap from the RU crowd over the superfluous comma in the CIA document date line?

Reciprocity in punctuation. ;-)

RU removed the significance of the comma in the CIA FOIA document date line, and I returned the favor.

You folks really need to lighten up!
Gary
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby suspicioso » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 pm

Gary wrote:Now, back to topics related to Dan's real concerns:

Sims, Suffering and God: Matrix Theology and the Problem of Evil

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/clay-naff ... 6857.html#

I imagine Dan would be familiar with this paper - its a good read:

http://www.arsdisputandi.org/publish/ar ... rticle.pdf
Too Dangerous For Open Minds Forum!
suspicioso
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:30 am

Gary wrote:Ryan: it was a joke!

BS Gary, you’re a proven liar and a fraud…

Gary wrote:Recall the crap from the RU crowd over the superfluous comma in the CIA document date line?

Reciprocity in punctuation. ;)

RU removed the significance of the comma in the CIA FOIA document date line, and I returned the favor.

There was no “significance” to "remove"…

http://www.realityuncovered.net/forum/v ... 722#p23722

[emphasis added]

Access Denied wrote:Now for those who may be confused by all this, here’s the (very specific) date format used throughout the so-called “Eisenhower Briefing Document” that Gary failed to provide ANY examples of…

DD Month, YY

That’s a two digit day (where the 1st day of the month would be prepended by a zero and written as 01 for example) followed by the month spelled out completely (not abbreviated) followed by a COMMA and then finally a two digit year.

As pointed out earlier, it was discovered Bill Moore used that format.

Also, for the record, it should be noted that like with every other claim of Gary’s we’ve debunked, and like every other crackpot in this field, he hasn’t bothered to correct the material posted on his web site…

After all, there’s a sucker born every minute right?

Now that’s twice already you’ve lied since you’ve been allowed back. Do it again and you’re out of here again…

Gary wrote:You folks really need to lighten up!

As Ryan pointed out the last time…

“…as one person who knows him well once said when I asked why he seems to ignore the evidence - "Gary can't be fixed."

Now back to the topic at hand… can Dan?

[and I would wager it is YOU Gary more than Ron who feeds his delusion]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:22 am

suspicioso wrote:I imagine Dan would be familiar with this paper - its a good read:

From the conclusion…

[emphais mine]

Simulationist theology is highly Neoplatonic.

[…]

Finally, we want to end with some critical remarks on the methods we have used to define God. Our extensions of the Cosmological and Design Arguments involved infinite regressions. Nevertheless, we remain suspicious about infinite regressions. Working backwards does not easily allow us to work forwards. And much of the most interesting modern theology involves the centrality of progress. Consider, for example, process theology. It would be nice to have arguments for the existence of God that make progress along the positive number line. There are many opportunities here for deep suspicion and skepticism. Still, the Simulation Argument has many theological implications that are worthy of serious investigation.

If I’m reading this correctly that would seem to be a good argument for Dan not to be so quick to embrace Talbot’s “Holographic Universe” and Immaterialism in general should he wish to embrace/promote Creationism?

P.S. Dan, if or when you come back, I would again encourage you to move this discussion to the “Reality” forum. At least there I can guarantee you folks like Gary won’t be able to hijack your threads… ;)
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby suspicioso » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Access Denied wrote:
suspicioso wrote:I imagine Dan would be familiar with this paper - its a good read:

From the conclusion…

[emphais mine]

Simulationist theology is highly Neoplatonic.

[…]

Finally, we want to end with some critical remarks on the methods we have used to define God. Our extensions of the Cosmological and Design Arguments involved infinite regressions. Nevertheless, we remain suspicious about infinite regressions. Working backwards does not easily allow us to work forwards. And much of the most interesting modern theology involves the centrality of progress. Consider, for example, process theology. It would be nice to have arguments for the existence of God that make progress along the positive number line. There are many opportunities here for deep suspicion and skepticism. Still, the Simulation Argument has many theological implications that are worthy of serious investigation.

If I’m reading this correctly that would seem to be a good argument for Dan not to be so quick to embrace Talbot’s “Holographic Universe” and Immaterialism in general should he wish to embrace/promote Creationism?

P.S. Dan, if or when you come back, I would again encourage you to move this discussion to the “Reality” forum. At least there I can guarantee you folks like Gary won’t be able to hijack your threads… ;)

Simulationism does give us the "alpha" point, in the sense of an explanation of creation that makes some sort of logical sense. To provide the "omega" point, in the sense that Teilhard de Chardin used it, would require the simulation to have a purpose that went beyond that of the two presented in the paper in its discussion of theodicy.

In any case it certainly provides a strong counterpoint to Dan's immaterialism, where the notion of simulation is dismissed principally on aesthetic and moral grounds (though without a good explanation of theodicy).
Too Dangerous For Open Minds Forum!
suspicioso
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:25 am

More off-topic posts moved here
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

PreviousNext

Google