Re: Murnut Economic Meltdown Blog pt3

Postby murnut » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:26 pm

"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby murnut » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:16 pm

SIGTARP Calls Out Tim Geithner On Various Violations Including Data Manipulation, Lack Of Transparency, "Cruel" Cynicism, And Gross Incompetence

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/sigtar ... l-cynicism

snipped by request
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:37 am

Many times in these fora have I invoked the relevant analogy between our political swings from right to left and a control system that has broken out in a divergent oscillation. With Ryan also being a control systems engineer, he knows exactly what I am talking about.

Well, with any such system that breaks into a divergent oscillation, not only is the final outcome always the same (a devastating crash) if the oscillation continues, but all such oscillations also share another feature: There is ALWAYS some "forcing function" that is driving the oscillation. If you are able to "turn off" the forcing function, AND if the system itself is inherently, neutrally stable, the crash can be avoided. Well, let me present for you the "forcing function" of our political divergent oscillation (as if it were any surprise):

Money Makes The Sine Wave Grow!

:shock:

Another fascinating 2010 trend: key industries are moving campaign cash from Democrats, to Republicans.

Take the health care sector: When President Obama took office two thirds of its dollars were going to Democrats. After the Democrats' health care bill passed earlier this year, the industry is now giving 60% to Republicans.

The same goes for money from Wall Street and the energy sector. Just last year both gave mostly to Democrats. Now 67% of Wall Street money goes to Republicans and 74% of campaign cash from the energy sector is filling GOP campaign coffers.

Folks...this does not help. The really sad thing is, when you read the rest of the article, that total spending by both parties on campaigns continues to rise. We The People are just so numb with deficits in the multi-TRILLIONS of dollars, that we have become totally densensitized to just how much money a BILLION dollars is! And that has a knock-on effect when discussing govenment Waste, Fraud, and Abuse (WFA), because you will actually hear people argue that "the WFA levels in the health care system 'only' amount to a couple hundreds of millions of dollars."

ONLY??????? [-X

The end shall not be pretty, folks. And both parties are determined to ride this dead horse to the very end. Or rather, milk this barren cash cow for its last drop. Choose your metaphor.

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:42 am

This is what Bill Gross had to say today

http://www.pimco.com/Pages/RunTurkeyRun.aspx

snipped by request
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Yeah - I would say the divergent oscillation is so far out of control that if they ever did find the forcing function, it would take the system so long to return to the neutral that I think only our children, or our children's children will see any benefit. I can honestly say that in my life I've never seen things this bad - as I recall the early 1990s come to mind as the closest, but I think we're headed into a situation far worse than that.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Crackajack » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:22 am

I concur Ryan.

As your resident CFO in the R&E sector where supply continues to outstrip demand and a price crush continues to cripple margins, times are tougher than I can remember. It also however, presents unique opportunities for innovation, efficiency and a move up the value chain... Constant strategic evolution is prevalent in my world.

As Dubya might say, "It's all about the strategery..."
Crackajack
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:59 am

It's ironic on the day after an election that was largely a referendum against spending, that the Federal Reserve created 600 billion out of thin air to buy our own debt.

I think most have missed the implications of just what is going on right before our eyes.

This latest "kick the can down the road" ponzi scheme will give us a small sugar high, but the price to be paid in the not too distant future is going to be a disaster.

Obama is a distraction to the real issue. He was set up, as was his predecessor.

He was led to believe that he was keeping the banks in line by bailing them out but they turned on him the first chance they got.

They used the money they got to effectively strip him of any power he thought he had.

They totally proved just how out classed he was.

What a joke.

The other thing that is extremely UNHINGING is that the Fed essentially has no oversight in this matter of Quantitative Easing.

Bernanke promised that the Fed would not be monetizing the debt.

But this announcement today is exactly what is going on.

We our writing IOU to ourselves.

Understand just how desperate a measure that is.

The plan is to create a stock market bubble that they hope will encourage job creation and spending....spending to buy our way out of this mess.

It isn't working.....money is leaving the US and it is being invested else where.

We are in real trouble here.....the party is over...do not be fooled because the band is still playing
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 am

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Bernanke Admits Targeting Stock Prices

Everyone knew the Fed was attempting to lift stock prices. Today Bernanke admitted it. Please consider Bernanke Says New Purchases Should Aid Growth With Lower Rates

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot. ... rices.html

snipped by request
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Etherian » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:19 am

Correct.
Once it settles in, most likely one hundred dollars will buy what 80 bought yesterday, or worse. Weimar Republic ?
Etherian
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby murnut » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:23 am

Etherian wrote:Correct.
Once it settles in, most likely one hundred dollars will buy what 80 bought yesterday, or worse. Weimar Republic ?

What ever is coming is not good...bank on it, pardon the pun.

It’s Officially the Beginning of the End

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/it%E2% ... ning-end-0

snipped by request
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Murnut's Sauce