Mur have you heard about Etherian (Doug)?

Source A / OM musings by Andy Murray, aka Murnut

Moderator: murnut

Mur have you heard about Etherian (Doug)?

Postby ScaRZ » Wed May 04, 2011 3:00 pm

I posted this at OM this morning in The Bible Thread. Thought I would post it here for those who may not have heard or read about Etherian (Doug). Mur I know you and Doug were close.

I had not heard anything from Etherian in some time now. I know I've been out of touch around here for awhile with all the storms and just busy with other things. Etherian kept very busy and had not been feeling well the last time I heard from him by e-mail and in this thread.

This morning as I dropped by to read L.A. Marzulli's blog I saw that Etherian (Doug) had died of a sudden heart attack.

http://lamarzulli.wordpress.com/2011/05 ... g-chaffee/

Boy! I really am going to miss Etherian (Doug). He was a good friend to me and someone I really respected.

I love you brother Doug and pray for The Lord to give your wife and family the love,faith,and great strength to endure these tough days ahead with the absence of you in their lives in this old world.

Thank you Etherian (Doug) for everything, and most of all for being a part of my earthly life.

God bless you and yours.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: Mur have you heard about Etherian (Doug)?

Postby jeddyhi » Wed May 04, 2011 4:42 pm

I am truly saddened by this news. The logic, politeness, and wisdom that Eth shared will be sorely missed. I wish his family well and my thoughts are with them during this tragic time. I never met the man or conversed with him other than online in forum postings but I realized right away this man had much wisdom and intellect.

RIP Doug (Etherian). You will be missed by many. Rest well.
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed May 04, 2011 5:20 pm

That is really sad to hear, he posted here just over a month ago so the news comes as a shock.
My heart goes out to his family and friends that he leaves behind.

RIP Doug
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby DrDil » Wed May 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Sincerest condolences to Doug's family & friends.

I’m gutted about this loss, it really puts things into perspective……

RIP Doug/Eth
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby philliman » Wed May 04, 2011 6:36 pm

jeddyhi wrote:I am truly saddened by this news. The logic, politeness, and wisdom that Eth shared will be sorely missed. I wish his family well and my thoughts are with them during this tragic time. I never met the man or conversed with him other than online in forum postings but I realized right away this man had much wisdom and intellect.

RIP Doug (Etherian). You will be missed by many. Rest well.

Dito.

Hard to find words right at this moment. Quite some devastating news. We've just pmed each other about a week ago. It's unbelievable and very sad. He really will be missed.

My condolences to his family and his friends.

May you rest in peace, buddy!

Thanks for letting us know, Scarz.

Edit to add:
Also my friend, Smersh, would like to express his condolences to Doug's family.
philliman
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby murnut » Thu May 05, 2011 1:13 am

Sorry I did not see see this thread earlier....I have worked a lot of hours recently.

I cannot say enough good things about Doug.

I was pretty close to him and we shared many things about our families, our opinions about different theories presented online regarding the phenomena and our faiths.

He was a total class act and he was like an online father to me.

I knew he was wise but how strange to learn today that he is the same age as my father.

Doug was unselfish and we chatted frequently by pm, and later emails......many many emails.

Last summer...during the Source A un masking, Doug and I talked for several hours on more than one occasion.

He was always steady as a rock.

He always led by example....a shining example of his beliefs.

He was a good friend.

He will be missed.

I've been teary eyed all day...but then I remembered something that cheered me up

Doug created this image...just for me.

At the time....it cracked me up.

It did again today

This one too

Too funny

He was always eager to share his wisdom, but he almost never insisted he was right about any of it.

He was intensely private and he was very guarded not to let most know his name or occupation.

But he was a really good friend to me through so many of my difficult times.

I'll always remember him.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

I for one am a better person because he was my friend.
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu May 05, 2011 8:43 am

This is very sad news. I don’t know how to explain it but for some reason, I always enjoyed Doug’s posts regardless of whether or not I shared his views on some things or agreed with him on others. I guess I got the impression that deep down, he too was searching for the answers and passionate about the truth… more willing to follow the evidence wherever it leads than one might think at first. At least that’s the way I will remember him having never met him in real life or even knowing much about his…

My sincere condolence to his family and friends, he will definitely be missed around here.

RIP Eth…

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu May 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Same here - I really enjoyed Doug's posts...may not have always agreed, but I couldn't help appreciate his wisdom and insights. His presence will be greatly missed.

My condolences to Doug's family for this significant loss.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby jjflash » Thu May 05, 2011 5:11 pm

I am sorry to hear about Etherian passing away. My sympathies are with all of you experiencing loss and sadness.
jjflash

Postby murnut » Thu May 05, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm thankful for all my online friends...you are all good guys.

I'm also thankful Garuda left my Etherian comments up at OMF...I used a sock...hugostrange...

I don't see eye to eye with Manuel about most things....but I'm at least grateful he did not delete those comments
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Thu May 05, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm glad they let your words to Etherian remain Mur. I knew as soon as some support for you came,they would shut it down.
I don't believe you have any real interest in making a full return to OM,and certainly understand why.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby murnut » Thu May 05, 2011 9:11 pm

I have no interest in returning...that's correct...but certainly I felt compelled this time, and it was for all the right reasons.

Just to honor the memory of a fallen friend....especially one who had a deep impact on me
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Crackajack » Sat May 07, 2011 4:33 pm

My sincerest condolences to Doug/Etherian's family and friends.

RIP to a true gentleman and a rare gem in the online world, and no doubt the real world to those who knew him. It brings home yet again the reality of our mortality.

It's not often you come across someone with such natural EQ and ability to generate empathy through the written word. You will be sorely missed Eth.

CJ
Crackajack
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Google

Return to Murnut's Sauce