Coast to Coast Radio Program: Fostering Delusional Thinking?

Educational materials and discussion promoting the use of critical thinking skills

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Coast to Coast Radio Program: Fostering Delusional Think

Postby ryguy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:57 pm

This thread could also include a whole multitude of alleged delusions. I wonder sometimes if investigators (at least sane ones), don't jump to the conclusion that someone is delusional too quickly.

And then how do you classify the strange phenomenon of the teen girls all contracting the same strange "tick" epidemic? Isn't that an odd scenario....

I'm currently in the process of investigating a series of cases where people claim to be under electronic surveillance/harassment by "agents". A few claim they are government, while others claim to not know who the people are exactly.

Part of the investigation has been preliminary interviews, and it is very shocking and surprising to me to see just how level-headed and intelligent these witnesses are. Most communicate extremely well and show no outward signs of delusions, hallucinations, etc.

Second phase will be in-person investigations with some environmental measurements around where they live, and interviews of people in the community that know the witnesses. Because of this research, this particular thread is really interesting to me and I highly value what you guys have already come up with.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Oops wrong thread.

Posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2176&p=37707#p37707
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Luck » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:44 pm

ryguy wrote:I'm currently in the process of investigating a series of cases where people claim to be under electronic surveillance/harassment by "agents". A few claim they are government, while others claim to not know who the people are exactly.

Part of the investigation has been preliminary interviews, and it is very shocking and surprising to me to see just how level-headed and intelligent these witnesses are. Most communicate extremely well and show no outward signs of delusions, hallucinations, etc.

Second phase will be in-person investigations with some environmental measurements around where they live, and interviews of people in the community that know the witnesses. Because of this research, this particular thread is really interesting to me and I highly value what you guys have already come up with.

Ryan,
Thanks, I am glad that you have been finding this discussion interesting. I will be interested in reading the write up of your investigation. Out of curiosity, I would be interested in knowing what their religious beliefs are (if any).
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby ryguy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:00 am

Hi Luck - that's an interesting question... I don't believe there's a common religious pattern yet, but of the 5 witnesses I've only interviewed them regarding the experiences. Haven't explored their religious beliefs yet, but I will ask. It's an interesting factor to consider... thanks for suggesting.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to Skepticism & Critical Thinking