Well, that was fun.

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Well, that was fun.

Postby Chorlton » Sun May 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Helping my neighbout with his garage roof yesterday and I fell off. Came down on my backside quite hard. Hurt like hell but I got on with it.
As the day went on, my back got worse and worse and by 5PM I just had to get to the Hospital. X-Ray, then MRI. Lots of scratching of heads and I'm told Ive got two collapsed discs and spent the night in Hospital.
Had another MRI today and got it confirmed. IM DISABLED !!!! They brought me home and here I am in bed watching the pooter and TV. It hurts like hell, and going to the loo is an experience in itself. I cant push and just have to sit there and wait for nature, and gravity, to work. Ive then got a contraption for wiping me bum !!!!!!!!

The local doctor is coming on Monday to assist and give me suggestions for long term pain relief. Believe it or not, the Orthopaedic Consultant suggested Marihuana !! I asked if I could get it free on the National Health but alas, no!

Please send flowers, money and chocolate (Milk chocolate, preferably Galaxy or Mars bars).
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Well, that was fun.

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun May 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Bloody Hell Chorlton, you don't do things by half do you?!
Did the doc's say how long you'll be like that for?

That contraption for wiping your bum sounds a bit scary, if you ask me... :shock:

Oh btw, you want flowers!? Money and chocolate, sure - but Flowers?

Heh, get well soon mate

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Mon May 19, 2008 8:06 am

Zep Tepi wrote:Bloody Hell Chorlton, you don't do things by half do you?!
Did the doc's say how long you'll be like that for?

For life!, When I landed, the shock went straight up my backbone and 2 discs have collapsed, one of them is actually broken, you can clearly see it on the MRI.
The Big Cheese at the hospital has said they will probably degenerate. I now have to wait and see what happens, he said they might take one out, but I now have to wait and see, and Im not the sort of bloke who likes laying in bed for too long.
That contraption for wiping your bum sounds a bit scary, if you ask me... :shock:

HAHAHAHA its a got a loveley American Name, a 'Bottom Buddy'. I need it because I simply cant lean or reach sideways to do the business.

Oh btw, you want flowers!? Money and chocolate,sure - but Flowers?

Its for my sensitive side !

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun May 25, 2008 5:22 pm

Oh man, I can't believe I missed this thread, any news on your prognosis Chorlton?

Can you be propped up to play your guitar if need be? :)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Sun May 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Access Denied wrote:Oh man, I can't believe I missed this thread, any news on your prognosis Chorlton?

Can you be propped up to play your guitar if need be? :)

Ive got a 2 level disc displacement and one of the discs has collapsed with the other one badly damaged.
Unfortunately I lost the ability to play guitar a few months back after yet another accident to the tendons in my left hand, check with Zep, I told him about it at the time.

I actually got out of bed and came downstairs for the first time since the accident today but it was very slow and very painfull, though the doctor says it will improve.
Fortunately I dont have to worry about money, so thats a BIG plus.

Ive been thinking over the last week about what I can do and EVP has always interested me. Ive got my own theories as to what I think causes it, but it looks like I'll now have the time to do a bit of 'Hands On' research. There are some other irons in the fire if I can get out and about but Im not thinking of that yet

Depression is the worst problem. To go from being on stage regularly and/or being in the studio etc to doing nothing is pretty destroying, and in the dead of night when you wake up and realise thats its all over, it brings a tear to your eyes, but Ive been preparing for retirement from music for some time so it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

Thank heavens for Laptops and Wireless Internet though !

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue May 27, 2008 6:27 pm

Well today, thanks to my pregnant neighbour (wasnt me....honest :oops: ) I have been relatively pain free due to her insisting I try her TENS machine.
She stuck the contacts onto my back and turned on and there was some relief, but after another few repositionings, BINGO ! 80% of the pain goes. Ive already put in an order for one.
Quite fascinating though, was what it did to my sleeping cat when I touched the electrodes to her. She sort of levitated into the air with her claws grabbing for something and when she hit the ground......she hit the ground running !!!!
Next to test it on the wife in the morning when she wont get up !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH POWER !!!!!!!!

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Just an update for all you Sadists out there.

I was in Hospital last weekend for a "Discogram" No, not a John Travolta implant either :evil:
Its the sort of thing you wouldnt wish on your worst enemies (though I could think of 2 people :roll: )

What happens is you lay, naked on your side, under an active X Ray machine and screen (which you can actually see if you want) whilst some dodgy geezer sitting behind you pushes 18 inch needles down through the skin of your hip into your spine.
Now as its done under a local Anaesthetic it isnt too bad, untill the bit where they inject a little fluid into your broken disc. This has the effect of nearly launching the recipient, ME, into near earth orbit, and the pain is, as some would say 'extreme'. It was nearly as much fun as when I had my doctor examine my prostate, which to this day, I swear wasnt his finger, but Ill never know.

More in the "Have fun with collapsed discs" stories to follow.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Chit Chat