Another Lakers-Celtics Final?

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Another Lakers-Celtics Final?

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Thu May 22, 2008 4:44 am

Hey Ry,

Well, we never saw the San Diego-New England Super Bowl. However, there is a good chance we could have a LA-Boston NBA Final...reminiscent of the battles between these two teams in the 80s.

What do you think?
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Another Lakers-Celtics Final?

Postby ScaRZ » Thu May 22, 2008 2:39 pm

I'm taking it to be the Lakers vs Pistons,with the Lakers winning the title.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri May 23, 2008 2:37 am

You could be right about the Pistons, Scarz. The Celtics certainly did not look terribly dominating against Cleveland. I am pretty sure my Lakers could take the Celtics, but I am a bit worried about the Pistons. Hell, I am worried about them getting past San Antonio too, but they have beat them earlier in the season and I think the Lakers are playing MUCH better defense than they did earlier this season. And Kobe? While I hate the guy's attitude and statements off the court, there is no doubt he deserved MVP. He is amazing.

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Fri May 23, 2008 8:48 am

AHHH Ive worked it out now..........this is a secret code isnt it........

We just bare our left breast and roll a trouser leg up, far easier.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:34 am

Whaddya know!?!?!?

Here we are approaching the second game of the NBA finals between the Lakers and the Celtics!

Did I predict the future, or what!!! :lol:

GO LAKERS!
Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Ray, as a seemingly intelligent bloke, I would have put you down as a Cricket Man, a gentlemans game?
None of this popcorn and hotdog stuff with funny hats on.

Tea and cucumber sandwiches, just the ticket !
Pip Pip
I thought you might like a rundown on the Rules as well so here they are for your perusal

The Rules of Cricket
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.
When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.
Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.
There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Chorlton wrote:Ray, as a seemingly intelligent bloke, I would have put you down as a Cricket Man, a gentlemans game?

Well, if it hadn't have been for that hag Miss Havisham messing with my life, I may have just become a gentleman!! Alas, I never got there! Serves me right for chasing after that tart Estella! :lol: I keep hearing all this noise about someone named Magwitch...any ideas???

Pip Pip

:wink:

I thought you might like a rundown on the Rules as well so here they are for your perusal

I spent a week one day discussing cricket vs. baseball with a Kiwi over way too many kippers and about a gallon too much beer! I should also point out that the entire week we spent comparing notes and describing the rules to each other, there was a cricket game (errrr.... "test match?") going on between the Kiwis and the West Indies!!! :shock: At least there is a reasonable chance of a baseball game ending within a single day!! :lol:

Anyway, all jesting aside, I am bummed that my Lakers are down 2-0 in the NBA Championship! But they bring it back here to Los Angeles for the next 3 games...Things should be different with the Lakers on their home turf!

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:25 pm

I can't believe Chorlton is explaining the rules of Cricket in here...what have we come to??

Next we'll have Steve in here explaining why European "football" is a better sport than American baseball. bleh.

**Ryan ducks behind the nearest brick wall**

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:39 pm

ryguy wrote:I can't believe Chorlton is explaining the rules of Cricket in here...what have we come to??

Next we'll have Steve in here explaining why European "football" is a better sport than American baseball. bleh.

I know!!! Next thing you know those blokes will be wanting to tax our tea or something! :mrgreen:

**Ray seeks cover of a different wall, so they can't get both us Yanks with one shot!**

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:25 pm

ryguy wrote:I can't believe Chorlton is explaining the rules of Cricket in here...what have we come to??

You colonial peasants need educating I say, I mean you have a President who cant even pronounce Nuclear, what??

However, You have come to a game where your players wear so much padding, they look like transvestites, complete with black makeup on their Eyes.
Put them up against some hairy arsed Welsh Rugby Players, none of that namby pamby padding and protection :D :D
-Ry

American Baseball ? In the UK its a game played by girls and is called rounders HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:31 pm

Congrats Ray on picking the Finals. I bombed out on my picking of the Pistons.
I just hope the Lakers can pull it out, but they now have to dig out of a pretty big hole.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:56 am

Hi ScaRZ,

ScaRZ wrote:Congrats Ray on picking the Finals. I bombed out on my picking of the Pistons.
I just hope the Lakers can pull it out, but they now have to dig out of a pretty big hole.

Eeek! Yes they certainly have! I was "held hostage" on an airplane from Dallas to SoCal when the 24 point lead was wasted into a Laker's loss! Kinda glad I did not have to endure the game watching on TV...

And just now they are starting game 5. So I had better shaddap and watch...
Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Chit Chat