HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

Postby ryguy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:44 pm

Just a quick note to all Americans out there...

As we all go camping, or have barbeques with the family, or travel, I just wanted to wish all of our loyal readers, posters, friends and colleagues a terrific 4th of July holiday.

Enjoy the time off, put your feet up and relax. Tomorrow will come with troubles all its own, let everything go and spend time with your wife, kids, and family. After all - this is what life is really all about.

Happy 4th everyone,
-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

Postby Chorlton » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Just stay out of that wind tunnel !
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:45 pm

ryguy wrote:Just a quick note to all Americans out there...

Thanks Ryan, we had a blast (literally :D) with friends and family... hope you did as well.

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:27 am

Access Denied wrote:
ryguy wrote:Just a quick note to all Americans out there...

Thanks Ryan, we had a blast (literally :D) with friends and family... hope you did as well.

Tom

Ive had 2 experiences of US 4th July, one was quite civilised, the other was rather errrrr exciting.
It was in a village outside of Baltimore. Our hosts had organised 'piggyback' skydiving as a starter. Ive never come very close to soiling myself but I was VERY close on that occassion as we plunged earthwards :oops: .
Afterwards at the local procession we (8 of us) garbed in Union Jacks and pushing a trolley with a HUGE Tea urn made our way amongst the athered throng handing out cups of the holy brew. We later celebrated with Chesapeake bay crabs, and lots of your watery beer.
Funny point of the day? when 2 rather large military helicopters flew very low along the procession and blew flags dush and everything else into the air.

We dont even celebrate St Georges day in the UK. We have festivals for practically every ethnic minority except us Brits :cry:
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:25 am

Yep, us Anglo-Saxons are not allowed to celebrate our Englishness - apparently it may offend others! What a screwed up world we live in.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to Chit Chat