Ricky Gervais is my God

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Ricky Gervais is my God

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Actually, it's a close run thing between him and Jeremy Clarkson.

Ricky wins it though, and his prize is a fansite created by me. Be gentle!
(RU get's a mention too... Obviously!)

Oh my word isn't that just a bit gay, you created a FANSITE?!

Mmm, Chicken and Mash :)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Re: Ricky Gervais is my God

Postby ryguy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:15 pm

I refuse to ever publicly admit that the man is one of the funniest comedians I've ever seen.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:19 am

Strange ? I cant stand Gervais. His childish schoolboy humour I find just so boring, and Im pleased to say I have never ever seen one episode of The Office.
I saw Gervais at Channel 4 (maybe 5 cant remember) when he was doing side announcements and walk-ons for a programme that went on around 6PM. Foul mouthed, stubby little fat boy I classed him as then and my sentiments havent changed.

Now Clarkson. Funny, nice bloke, bit worldly dim, but thats OK. I love his newspaper articles, well thought out and his analogies are hilarious.

My top funny man? Bill Bailey. Seen him several times live and always leave with stomach cramps from laughing too much. Jo Brand tickles me too, she has a very wry outlook on life.

Im actually going retro at the moment and am getting right into The Marx Brothers and Eddie Cantor.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Chorlton wrote:Strange ? I cant stand Gervais. His childish schoolboy humour I find just so boring, and Im pleased to say I have never ever seen one episode of The Office.

I do mention on the site that it appears there is no middle ground where he is concerned, i.e. people either love him or hate him. I love him, obviously. I think The Office (UK and US version) is a work of brilliance, but I prefer 'Extras' over that and I prefer his standup shows over Extras.

I saw Gervais at Channel 4 (maybe 5 cant remember) when he was doing side announcements and walk-ons for a programme that went on around 6PM. Foul mouthed, stubby little fat boy I classed him as then and my sentiments havent changed.

Haha, that's very close to the mark.

Now Clarkson. Funny, nice bloke, bit worldly dim, but thats OK. I love his newspaper articles, well thought out and his analogies are hilarious.

I agree with you 100%. One of my favourite moments of the week is waiting for his latest Sunday Times column every weekend. Priceless.

My top funny man? Bill Bailey. Seen him several times live and always leave with stomach cramps from laughing too much. Jo Brand tickles me too, she has a very wry outlook on life.

I like Bill Bailey but I'm not sure about Jo Brand. Some shows have been very good but I've seen others where I've thought "Ho hum".

Im actually going retro at the moment and am getting right into The Marx Brothers and Eddie Cantor.

For retro laughs I just love Norman Wisdom and Jerry Lewis. John Cleese always does it for me too. Fawlty Towers is just so watchable its untrue. Same for Ronny Barker and Porridge.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to Chit Chat