Its that time of year !

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Its that time of year !

Postby Chorlton » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:40 am

Im bored, and its getting near that time of year to start my annual attack at the Cocal Cola Corporation and their UK TV ads.
About 5 years ago I began my campaign to have their 'Holidays are comin' Christmas advert pulled.
Why? Because in the UK, Christmas doesnt mean 'Holidays are comin' because most Brits only get 3 days off. The odd company might shut for a week or two but that isnt the norm.
Its a US made and US directed advert, just slammed onto UK TV without a care about our Christmas or culture.
I hammered them with emails and letters and finally.. last year they nearly pulled it, only putting it on twice in the entire Christmas run up, so maybe I can get it stopped completely this year.
I love US culture..........in the US, I dont wish to see it on the streets of the UK or by default see the UK taking in and adopting all US culture (as is happening frighteningly quickly).
Its bad enough we have to suffer kids roaming the streets, calling it 'Halloween' (something which up untill a few years ago was never 'celebrated' in the US style here in the UK) but even worse when I went into a 'Subway' recently, asked for a ticket to Leicester Square, got funny looks from the Pakistani behind the counter (who probably didnt speak English anyway)

Dont get me started on McDonalds these bloody 'Coffe Shops' sprining up all over the place.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Its that time of year !

Postby ryguy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Chorlton wrote:...but even worse when I went into a 'Subway' recently, asked for a ticket to Leicester Square, got funny looks from the Pakistani behind the counter (who probably didnt speak English anyway)

HAHA!!! You're so full of it...you did NOT do that.....did you??? rofl...
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: Its that time of year !

Postby Chorlton » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

ryguy wrote:
Chorlton wrote:...but even worse when I went into a 'Subway' recently, asked for a ticket to Leicester Square, got funny looks from the Pakistani behind the counter (who probably didnt speak English anyway)

HAHA!!! You're so full of it...you did NOT do that.....did you??? rofl...

Yep I sure did, I was in one of my moods and wanted to annoy someone........It worked !!!. Some others there saw the funny side though :lol: .

But tell me, Where and how did you make the transition from a Ham Roll to a 'Sub'. I think I know the answer but using that logic you could have called it 'Turdway' or 'Cucumberway'
"Heyy buddy, can y'all do me a Ham Turd, Hold the mayo"
Nearly as good as Black Adder When Baldrick says "do you want some chocolate chips on your frothy coffee sir"
But.
I think I prefer 'Sandwich Shop' its so much more...........British
hehehehehehe :twisted: :twisted:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timrich26/2689211050/

BTW there was a programme on TV all about Sandwich shops last week. Subway came bottom, then again all the others, other than Boots didnt do too well either. The crap they put in those sandwiches, bloody glad I dont eat them.
Then again....I dont eat Chinese food either since many years ago when my wife worked as Chef in a Chinese restaurant and told me about their idea of 'Hygiene' and Cleanliness'.
I'll stick to picking my nose, I love a good dig now and again :roll:
Lunch.....anyone ??
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Chit Chat