Goodbye Old friend.

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Goodbye Old friend.

Postby Chorlton » Sun May 23, 2010 9:19 am

Theres a lot of people out there that want the money, fame and publicity that goes with the Supernatural and UFO stuff.
Then there's an equal amount of people who dont. People who do it because of love of the subject and a keen and nosey mind. They beaver away at what they love, desiring neither fame not money.
Peter Kelsey was one of those.
He died last night aged 82. Pete was one of the first people I met, back in the 60's who slowly slowly explained to me all about 'Supernatural' hoaxes. Not just how they did it but why. He taught me their tricks and dodges and what to look for when chasing Hoaxes or any claim of the Supernatural. He was the one who sent me to an alleged Haunted house to see what I could find. and after pointed out what I missed but encoureaged those things I had seen that he hadnt.
That was Pete. One of the UK's unsung heroes. No fanfare for him. No Internet websites, he was too modest for that.

Bon Voyage Pete. I fear I'll be seeing you sooner rather than later.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Goodbye Old friend.

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun May 23, 2010 10:44 am

He sounds like the kind of man I would have liked to meet.

RIP.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Re: Goodbye Old friend.

Postby Chorlton » Sun May 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:He sounds like the kind of man I would have liked to meet.
RIP.

Remember Jack Hargreaves? Pete was sort of like him, basic and down to earth but his mum had been taken by a so called 'Medium years before and he just wanted to find a bit more out about them.
He was methodical and simple but also devious. he would say, never go into any meeting with anyone claiming anything without all your senses sharp. He would go to meetings in shorts to allow even his legs to get any sensations that might be around, He would never wait untill an experiment started he would be on the ball from knocking at the door, have the tape running or his 8mm secret camera running.
He taught me lots of tricks, like the one I just let out at Amkon, of glueing a small piece of sandpaper or emery cloth to his thumb so he could secretly rub off a sample, or even put some contact adhesive on one of his fingers to secretly sample things. He taught me a lot more tricks too. The best one being, Trust No One if there is money or fame involved.
Ah well, another of the unknown experts gone.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Chit Chat