my latest model

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

my latest model

Postby AussieMike » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:10 am

I love building plastic models, have a house full of them, in fact the place looks like a cross between the adams family and the jetsons

This is my latest toy, by far the largest and most expensive one ive built

AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: my latest model

Postby murnut » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Wow...nicely done.

I'm sure my two boys would really like your home
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby AussieMike » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:31 am

Thanks Mate, im sure they would.

Some of my star wars stuff is vintage 1977 gear

heres the blaster that goes with the stormtrooper

AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby AussieMike » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:14 am

Heres another of my scratch builds

Imagine having the ability to be anywhere anywhen......

Your whole view of the universe would change, just having one of these would render our current view of reality obsolete.
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Heck, I’d settle for the Starship Enterprise… :)

(the A model or above, the original looks a bit dated now)

Where did you get a full-scale (?) Stormtrooper kit?

Did I mention I got to go to the original Star Wars premiere at Mann’s Chinese Theater? Summer of '77 I think it was. I also went to my first (and last) Star Trek Convention that same day…

(it kind of freaked me out lol)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby AussieMike » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 pm

I went to the local premiere in 77 myself. kind of dates us as old dudes lol

I cant tell you where i got the kit in open forums, and there is a reason for that, but if you want one PM me and ill fill you in on the details. (yes its full scale, tailored to fit me, im 6 foot 2 inches tall )
Going into the project youd think it would be a case of find one at the right price and off you go......

wrong, just the helmets alone are a nightmare of choice.

Stunt or hero , prop replica or fan built, they vary between movies too, mines an ESB , which is different to an ANH version

The kit comes with the extra parts that allow you to build a few varients such as sandtrooper, and the handguards so you can make the ANH , ESB or ROTJ versions.

to give you an idea of the helmet choice

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/stormtro ... stumes.htm

I got a "lite" kit that is to say without the helmet, because the helmet that comes with the kit is reputed to be a little large. so i opted for the lite armour and a 1:1 scale licensed replica helmet. its been cleaned up and made symetrical, where as original prop cast helmets come with the original flaws carried over. some fans swear by them flaws and all, but i prefer a cleaner look.
My suit also has a sound system with static burst so that when i speak i get a nice electric fssst noise at the end of each sentance.

I too am a ST fan as well

i made these for my wife and i in accordance with the measurements formula in the Bat'leth manual

AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:30 am

Nice blades Mike.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby philliman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:30 pm

AussieMike wrote:Image

"Set for stun!"

Nice!
philliman
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby vonmazur » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:44 am

Aussiemike: I have one of those "blasters" too...a Sterling MK 6, cost a lot, even here in the US, and $200.00 more for the short barrelled tax stamp...I remember the '77 premier of this movie, and noted all the real weapons used as props and set about getting them.....IT has taken a long time to find them all...A real MG 42 is very expensive, so I bought a repro semi-auto, and that cost plenty, but nothing like the usual 25,000 price tag for a tranferrable weapon...The Mauser M 96 pistols are faily common so I got one right off, the Sterling took a while, and the SA MG 42 was a little longer to find, but they make them in Yugoslavia for the US market.....

I have been building models since 1955, and collecting the other "politically incorrect" items since 1965....

I visited your fine country in 1967, on R&R from Nam....just to see the southern skies...

Dale
Neca eos omnes-Deus suos agnoscet
vonmazur

Postby AussieMike » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:13 am

Thats a great collection, im very jealous, we cant have nice things like that here.
Some locals have imported the mauser tricked out as a han solo blaster, but strictly speaking if they get caught with one, they can be charged. even my pipe build is bordeline.
It only has to resemble a real gun..... and your busted.
Even the kenner brand clone trooper blaster that was released in a black finish is illegal to import, and thats a toy.
You can buy the one cast in white plastic at the local toysRus, but if you paint it black....... same deal
There was a case of a fan in melbourne who was caught with one, and even though he had his stormtrooper armour in his suitcase having done a hospital charity gig, went to court and was convicted, his kenner toy destroyed.

Its a pity, because the heft of a reworked sterling would be splendid thing to behold

Cheers Mate
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Wow - you guys are scary.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby vonmazur » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:20 am

Sorry; not meaning to be scary.. :roll:

I find this sort of technology fascinating, and since the invention of the "magic mind meld for politicians", ie: gun laws, it make voting easier and such...

Besides, I hardly ever shoot anyone...

Dale
vonmazur

Postby vonmazur » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:26 am

AussieMike wrote:Thats a great collection, im very jealous, we cant have nice things like that here.
Some locals have imported the mauser tricked out as a han solo blaster, but strictly speaking if they get caught with one, they can be charged. even my pipe build is bordeline.
It only has to resemble a real gun..... and your busted.
Even the kenner brand clone trooper blaster that was released in a black finish is illegal to import, and thats a toy.
You can buy the one cast in white plastic at the local toysRus, but if you paint it black....... same deal
There was a case of a fan in melbourne who was caught with one, and even though he had his stormtrooper armour in his suitcase having done a hospital charity gig, went to court and was convicted, his kenner toy destroyed.

Its a pity, because the heft of a reworked sterling would be splendid thing to behold

Cheers Mate

Cheers Mate!

Such is the nature of the Nanny State and people who bend reality to fit a theory.. They have the same deal in New York and Connecticut, in Connecticut, you can own the real gun, but not the replica!! I used to live there and after being a lobbyist for gun rights, I came to the conclusion that the average politco has an IQ around 70 or less, and that teams of psychiatrists could spend days and days in analysis with them....I do not expect such persons to even get the point of UFO's or possible contact....or even understand basic priciples of anything except greed for power...

Dale
vonmazur

Postby vonmazur » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 am

Aussie Mike: Don't leave us! Who am I going to bother about models?? The C-124 is huge and my wife can't stand it, but my Father was a Flight Engineer on this aircraft and I had to have one...along with the B-36 H and and others.. :cry:

The Sterling, a real one is heavy! and asymetrical when the clip is loaded, I like the guns with a bottom feed better, they are easier to heft... :D

Dale in Alabama
vonmazur

Google

Return to Chit Chat