Little Things That Annoy The Hell Out Of You

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Little Things That Annoy The Hell Out Of You

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 am

A little bit of snow causing chaos on the roads. Seriously, you'd think we had two metres of snow overnight the way the media go on about it. I left to take the girls to school at the time I normally do and got there five minutes earlier than I normally do! The car park was practically empty. On the radio they were talking about a ten minute journey taking over two hours. Fools.

Utility company sales people knocking on my door at least once a week, asking me if I want to change provider. No, no I don't. :evil:

People who say 'of' instead of 'have'. As in, "you should of seen it" instead of "you should have seen it". Cretins.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Re: Little Things That Annoy The Hell Out Of You

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:A little bit of snow causing chaos on the roads. Seriously, you'd think we had two metres of snow overnight the way the media go on about it. I left to take the girls to school at the time I normally do and got there five minutes earlier than I normally do! The car park was practically empty. On the radio they were talking about a ten minute journey taking over two hours. Fools.

Ah, yes, fools the lot of them. But, of course, it DOES serve to add to the over-the-top global warming hysteria, now doesn't it? I saw an article on Watts Up With That over the weekend that pointed out how the UK MET changed their predictions from an initial "mild winter" to now saying something like "more of what we saw last winter."

UK Met Office "Winter Forecast" - Fail or Faux?

:lol:
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby the|exx » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:People who say 'of' instead of 'have'. As in, "you should of seen it" instead of "you should have seen it". Cretins.

Ahh yes! How about people who confuse 'then' with 'than'!

"I like red better then green."

Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

I hate it when I see someone ugly or clearly uncool wearing the same T-Shirt as me!

NOooooooooooo!

Why are the best parking spots always in No Parking Zones?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I also hate it when I pay for something in a shop and hold out my hand for the change and the attendant bangs it down on the counter below my hand!

Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

Wow! That was cathartic!

|exx 8)
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:46 pm

1. I hate it when I say hi to someone and they're too snotty to say hi back.

2. I hate it when I go to pass someone on the interstate, so they intentionally switch to the passing lane so I can't (of course I usually just slam on the accelerator and pass them on the right anyway...)

3. I hate it when I walk up to the counter to order something and the dingy teenager clerk can't stop gabbing off with her friends long enough to take the order.

4. I hate it when I repeat my order three times into the drive-through speaker and my kids meals still get made wrong.

5. I hate it when people f'ing curse in public in front of my kids.

6. I hate it when I offer an idea in a collaborative/group setting, it gets shot down and then a little bit later someone else "comes up" with the same idea and it's wonderful... *ugh*

...I better stop, I could go on all day.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Heh, this thread could be both cathartic and rage-inducing at the same time!

Another pet hate of mine is when you hold a door open for someone and they just barge through without so much as a by your leave. German's do that a lot.
I usually shout "you're welcome!" after them.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby the|exx » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:30 am

I hate when you take a number at the deli and someone walks up to the counter more than a minute after you without taking a number. When the deli girl has finished serving and calls out, "who's next?" This ass-clown tentatively raises their hand. They know they aren't next! They know you were already there before they walked up, yet they pay no respect to the system. They still try to queue jump... but a keen nose can smell the poorly disguised fear! I often wait until they utter the first few syllables and I interject sternly,

"Excuse me mate, (emphasis on 'mate' means your pissed in Oz) you weren't next and you know it! You can wait in line like everyone else mate!" (second use of mate in short succession often means you aren't their 'mate' at all. lol!

I then give them a very disapproving look and shake my head. [-X

Rarely is the challenge contested as the dishonourable action will generally lead to more public embarrassment.

|exx 8)
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:50 am

the|exx wrote:"Excuse me mate, (emphasis on 'mate' means your pissed in Oz) you weren't next and you know it! You can wait in line like everyone else mate!" (second use of mate in short succession often means you aren't their 'mate' at all. lol!
I then give them a very disapproving look and shake my head. [-X
Rarely is the challenge contested as the dishonourable action will generally lead to more public embarrassment.
|exx 8)

Hear, hear!! From another ocker, I'm glad I'm not the only one.. I do quite enjoy taking on queue jumpers (is that a personality defect?), and my spiel is somewhat similar. I have a small (grin) advantage as I'm tall and er.. very solidly put together.. so it's very rare that anyone gives me cheek (.. I'm no fighter - but they don't know that..).

As a philosophical aside, I think a lot of the reason for the poor manners often displayed in public, is that no-one stands up to the offenders (sometimes with good reason perhaps), which effectively encourages it...
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby the|exx » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:30 pm

chrLz wrote:
the|exx wrote:As a philosophical aside, I think a lot of the reason for the poor manners often displayed in public, is that no-one stands up to the offenders (sometimes with good reason perhaps), which effectively encourages it...

That is exactly the problem chrLz! ... and I think that certain offenders get used to moving with impunity simply because no one does challenge them. That's why you often see the shock/recoil in their facial expressions when they are challenged. If I have any regrets, it's that the 'salesperson' often becomes visibly embarrassed... but I am willing to turn a blind eye to a little collateral damage for my principles.

IRM 8)
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:41 am

Two things:

1) London girls who pronounce the ending of a word with "er" as "aaah!"

2) London lads who end every sentence with "Innit!"

3) Londoners.

Okay, 3 things. I got carried away!
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby TheReader » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:10 am

I'll try and remain focused here.

1. Morons who display signs in their establishments that read "Specialty Coffee's". This is widespread.

2. Merely glancing at an article in a print newspaper, magazine, or web page and immediately spotting six errors in word usage, spelling, and punctuation. This is widespread.

3. Religious solicitors. All kinds.

4. Jerk-off managerial types who nail others about using time efficiently, then spend the rest of the day chit chatting with other similar types in their office.
TheReader

Google

Return to Chit Chat