Dark Matters

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Dark Matters

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:08 pm

hi guys,

just thought i would bring the new tv show Dark Matters presented by the brilliant John Noble (of Fringe fame) to everyones attention that hasnt seen it yet, it covers strange science and some conspiracy stuff that people may find of interest such as Nikola Teslas experiments, Dyatlov pass incident, c.i.a l.s.d experiments etc etc, some things on it have been debunked but there are some interesting stories.
http://science.discovery.com/videos/dar ... promo.html

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: Dark Matters

Postby Luck » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:22 am

Rich,
Thanks! I am a big Fringe fan, so I will be checking this one out. This sounds like the perfect show for John Noble to be hosting. :)
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:24 am

Rich,
Again thanks for sharing. I did watch the episode in which Richard Dolan talks about Kecksburg (and rolled my eyes a lot over the Nazis), but I did enjoy the story about Einstein's brain (definite ick factor there) and in another episode of Edison's involvement in the first electrocution ever for a prisoner sentenced to death.

Its pretty old now, but I liked the BBC series Supernatural Science . The episode with the Tibetan monks is the one that sticks out for me.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:16 am

hi luck.

as i said, some is debunked and rubbish but there's a few interesting stories too that make it worth a watch.

ive not seen supernatural science, sounds interesting, its on my list of things to watch.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Luck » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:13 pm

hey Rich,
The series will be broadcast 11/22 on Chiller. The episode "Physical Feats" is the one that feature the Tibetan monks who could withstand subzero temperatures and the one I really liked. "Previous Lives" had a interesting (and very mundane premise) for past life regression.

Thought you would like to know. I can't speak for the rest of the episodes, but the few episodes I have seen do really seem to try explore the issues without some of the misinformation and sensationalism used by other shows on these topics.
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Google

Return to Chit Chat