P R O M E T H E U S

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

P R O M E T H E U S

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:47 pm

hi guys, a very poor quality trailer for ridley scotts alien prequel has leaked onto the net.

worth a watch if youre a huge sci fi fan like me.

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=tBEArRPNcIw#ws

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: P R O M E T H E U S

Postby Sinny » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:42 pm

I watched it last night, I must say It had me interested until humans started dying, the I had to roll my eye balls :roll:
cannot they not think of anything more original?

I still like the 90's "Contact" with Jodie Foster simply because it actually had a reasonably PLEASANT ending.

I liked the whole idea of us meeting a similar yet more advanced race that created us.. Loosely ties into some suspicion I and a few others have, but why ALWAYS death and destruction?!?

They could have at least let the alien speak..

Same old- same old CGI effects bull with lack of decent narrative. Sigh.
Sinny

Postby Slippery James » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:16 pm

I watched it a few weeks ago and I have to say I was quite disappointed. I won't spoil it for anyone but it seemed to sacrifice what could have been a very thought provoking storyline for a CGI-fest. It could have been a great film... but it wasn't.

Must do better Mr Scott. :(
Slippery James

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:57 pm

agreed, i watched it first night of release and came out feeling exactly the same as i did in 1999 after watching the phantom menace!.

very very disappointing movie, only slight saving graces such as michael fassbenders excellent portrayal of david the android and some beautiful cinematography and 3D!

the plot and even some scenes are almost identical to avp1 which is ridiculous considering how much ridley and co have derided the avp movies, plus many other plot points were ripped from x files and other sci fi shows/movies but done far worse!.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to Chit Chat