You don't know what you don't know...

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

You don't know what you don't know...

Postby ryguy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:31 pm

Okay...those who have followed Serpo (or intel) closely have heard the phrase "You don't know what you don't know" pretty often.

Well apparently someone within Intel gave Donald Rumsfeld a crash lesson on the concept. Check out how he tried to explain it to reporters. Dear lord - the man puts even Bill Ryan to shame.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know.

There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.

But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. "

Donald Rumsfeld

um.....yeah.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dankk » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:45 pm

lol

I actually saw that press conference.

I take it that you dont think of DR as one of your chummy pals huh? Well he is gone now if that makes you feel any better. :)

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:45 am

I,d fell better if he would accept my iinvitation to pay for his vacation in the hague
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Google

Return to Chit Chat