Animal Experimentation to benifit humankind

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Animal Experimentation to benifit humankind

Postby dankk » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:36 am

The heated debates regarding animal experimentation started well over 100 years ago. It has been back and forth from the forefront of news to a backburner set of ideals that people still think about, talk about, and fight for or against to this very day. There are many arguements put forth that have not changed from the days of peoples living and breathing over a century before us, and they now relate to how and why animal research is conducted and how it is regulated.

There are always juicy issues to address though arent there? For the last 20-30 years, animal rights extremism has been a major problem to those that feel the need for testing of this nature to promulgate the human condition. The UK government has now drawn up specific legislation to deal with the current threat of many different areas of research to be publicly debated. Not the threat of debate lol, but the threat of abusive research on any particular animal. That specific legislation has not been documented here simply because I dont like to read threads that are days long... I would imagine there are others that feel the same way....

The UK apparently has more information available to the public about animal research than nearly any other country. The new Freedom of Information laws introduced in early 2005 certainly have helped with that. That and from what I have read, agreement within the research community of TPTB that more openness and transparency will help others to engage in intelligible and mature debate.

So here I am once again. I ask what you think about animal experimentation. But only within a narrow view of it.

Do you think that animal testing is appropriate to the benifit of the human population? Against it? Why? For it? Why?

Ding Ding Ding... Keep it clean folks. :)

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby dankk » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:26 am

27 views and noone cares to partake via a stance on the known fact that animal experimentation is being conducted for no other reason than to benefit the well being, future medicines, and cures for humankind?

No opinion on this from our broad member base?

Interesting....

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Google

Return to Chit Chat