post your desktop?

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

post your desktop?

Postby dankk » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:52 am

If anyone is interested in doing this, I think it would be something fun for all to see.

I have been trying to clean up my desktop for ages (text files, folders, shortcuts, etc, etc...). I think I may have it to where I could post it without being embarrased within the next day or two... lol

I know that there are people here that would be kinda freaked out by doing such a thing, but please remember that you can cross out any name for any program you want or just tuck your shortcuts in a folder and move it off the desktop for the screen capture. Basically it is simply a picture of your computer screen, nothing more. Wallpaper is everything in this sort of post... :) You can have the "researcher desktop" you can have the "clean freak" desktop you can even have the "eye candy" desktop (I am working towards the latter *grin*)

Several boards I have been a part of in the past have done this. It is for nothing more than fun. Imagine that... fun!!! yaaaaay!

If anyone is interested in doing this, post here please. I will be going first as soon as I have my desktop set up properly. :) We are almost 100 members strong in all. I think it would be cool to see what other folks in this forum have as their desktop.. wallpaper and such...

Hope to see people interested in this... it is for fun only. :)

Regards,

Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby Shadow Watcher » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:41 pm

wondering what the next serpo will be in 07.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby dankk » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:04 pm

This is mine... I also have a moving background and desktop that I havent figured out how to capture.. Looks cool too... I will figure it out sooner or later.. lol

BTW, nice pic of florida, I am up towards the top of that pic. :bgthbup:

~Dankk

PS... Click on the pictures of these desktops to see them how they are intended to look. :D
dankk
Banned

Postby Serpentime » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:29 am

Hi dankk,

Thanks for your invitation, but I suspect that posting my desktop may cause the Moderation a dilemma, or two...

That is -- of course -- unless, you don't happen to mind looking at naked ladies... LOL

Thanks, but I better not. :)

Serpentime

***giggles***
"Life's fantasy... To be locked away, and still to think you're free."

-- Ronnie Dio
Serpentime
Valued Contributor

Postby ryguy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:24 am

Serpentime wrote:That is -- of course -- unless, you don't happen to mind looking at naked ladies... LOL

Hey Serpentime...forward it to me via email and I'll review to determine whether it is appropriate..... ;)

Just kidding! ......or not? :shock:

lol

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dankk » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:51 am

LOL.. yes, I should have said that naked bodies and profanity should not be considered as posting material. LOL This is for fun and strictly in fun only.

Serpentime, you can simply change your wallpaper and post it that way if you would like. Thanks for letting us know about the nature of your desktop first! lol

I spent about 2-3 days getting my sloppy desktop in order to make my post... I am still looking for a way to post the animated desktop I usually have going in the place of the static desktop I have shown now. It has turned out to be harder than I thought... I cant even do a capture screen... sigh...

Post away Serp.. jes no nudies! lol

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby Shadow Watcher » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:48 pm

proper icon placement can remedy any indescression
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:19 pm

LOL @ the icon placement ;)

Here is my desktop. I've had this theme for quite a while now. I've tried others but after a few minutes I always go back to this one. The image is very wide, which is because of the 1440*900 screen resolution. Click on the image to open it up in a new window.

Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby dankk » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:16 pm

LOL!!

You have a lot of the same programs that I have Zep!

FlashFXP? You use that too eh? Sisoft Sandra, motorola phone tools. lol cool man!

~Dankk

PS. nice lookin desktop as well.
dankk
Banned

Postby Serpentime » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:32 am

dankk wrote:LOL.. yes, I should have said that naked bodies and profanity should not be considered as posting material. LOL This is for fun and strictly in fun only.

Aw heck, I didn't mean to make anyone blush... ;)

My Desktop image portrays an elegant, tasteful, and striking portrait (IMHO), of an elegant, beautiful, caring, and kind-hearted Lady (Fact).

She is the centerpiece of my theme, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. :)

Estimable male of the species that I am: Her soul warms my heart, her form delights my eye, and her presence uplifts me as I work at my keyboard...

***snickers***

Gentleman that I am, I must preserve her enchanting secrets to myself. :)

ryguy wrote:Hey Serpentime...forward it to me via email and I'll review to determine whether it is appropriate.....

Just kidding! ......or not?

lol

-Ry

LOL

Thanks for offering, Ry -- but I wouldn’t forgive myself if Your Wife disapproved… ;)

Best to all,

Serpentime :)

-- Ronnie Dio
Serpentime
Valued Contributor

Postby Shadow Watcher » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:28 am

posting a web host address where it may reside could be useful,
Im intrigued now.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Serpentime » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:16 am

Shadow Watcher wrote:posting a web host address where it may reside could be useful,
Im intrigued now.

Hi Shadow Watcher,

Boy, I really can't take myself anywhere these days... :) LOL

{Aw, just kidding... :)}

To me (IMO), sexuality is a transcendent slice of the profound -- unique to each person; Divine -- and, therefore, best kept private.

In my humble opinion, It's more fun that way.

To each, his (or her) own... :)

Best,

Serpentime

-- Ronnie Dio
Serpentime
Valued Contributor

Postby ryguy » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:45 pm

Serpentime wrote:Boy, I really can't take myself anywhere these days... :) LOL

haha! You troublemaker...

I was absolutely joking btw...no need to share your destop artwork with the internet world. lol

I would share my desktop, but I'm too embarrassed by the clutter (folders, documents, etc...), much like my real life deskop.... :shock:

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dankk » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:40 am

Crimey... it isnt a big deal at all... :)

All I was wanting is for people to post their desktop as a break from the norm here... If you dont know how to post your desktop, please PM me and I will explain an easy and free way to do this. If you dont want to show what your desktop has on it, it can easily be hidden (PM me for how one could do this as well) as all this was about is for people to post what they look at when spending time on their very own computer. Paranoia has no reason to exist here. :)

There will be no first prize or winner of this (unless it is me of course!!! w00t!).. It is merely a way for us to break away from the day to day... thats all. :) I had to clean my desktop up for 3 days to get it to where I liked it enough to post. Noone is obligated to do the same however. Just post and enjoy (or dont)! :)

~Dankk

PS.. Relax friends. :)
dankk
Banned

Google

Return to Chit Chat