Michael Richards aka 'Kramer' from Sienfeld in a mess.

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Michael Richards aka 'Kramer' from Sienfeld in a mess.

Postby dankk » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:20 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/20/kramers-r ... t-on-tape/

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

You can read the rest from the website above and even get a view (video and audio whill require an Active-X plug in for Opera and Firefox) of this guy going off and saying these things.

I must admit, it was disgusting.

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby I.P.Freely » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:53 pm

With all the straving people in the world , All the inocent people being killed for no reason that is disgusting. This guy is just voiceing what most white people think from time to time anyways. But most people have the common sense no to say it.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dankk » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:12 am

IPF wrote:This guy is just voiceing what most white people think from time to time anyways. But most people have the common sense no to say it.

Sorry IPF,

But I dont know how in the world you came up with the notion that "most white people" think that. I dont think I could disagree more with your post and your obvious opinion.

Furthermore, I find it insulting that you put my genre of people in that category of thinking... I would appreciate it if you stated that your thoughts are yours only as I dont have a clue as to where you get off making such a statement.

Your post was a very poorly thought out reply and highly suggestive that your opinion is that of many people. White or that of color.

I waited for days to make this reply, but noone would go before me. I do hope that now that I have made this reply, others will also make their opinions known (if not, that is also quite alright.). IPF, you are good at cutting glass (i guess), but your opinions of colored people and what "white" people think about them are waaaaay off the mark.

Please make it extremely clear that your thoughts are yours only IPF. I dont want anything to do with what your post said or implies. Period.

~Dankk

PS. If you think that your post was somehow misinterpretted, then by all means, please explain what it was that you meant by that statement that you put out there for all to see. I, for one, would love to see what you meant by that. Unless, of course, you meant exactly what you said...
dankk
Banned

Postby ryguy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:07 am

Here's a story. A guy at work today stopped me in the factory...I didn't know him, not one of my usual friends or co-workers. However he struck up a conversation with me about this news event....

"You got these black guys all over the radio and tv singing their rap songs calling eachother ni---r, ni---r, ni---r left and right and calling their own women "ho's"....so now you get one white guy flipping out at a couple of black people and all of a sudden it's the end of the WORLD.... oh the HYPOCRISY...."

I didn't bother telling he suffers from aversive racism...instead I just kind of nodded and walked away...taken aback by the blatant lack of logic or reason in his statement.

I can call my sister a snobby little wench. But if you do it...I'll bust your kneecaps. Race is much the same way. Some people just don't get it.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby I.P.Freely » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:35 am

Dankk I knew you would get upset and thats cool. I was saying I think that way or at least I do my best not to. But I would lieing to say I never have raciest thoughts from time to time and so do you. Everyone does and you know that whether you admit it or not. And of course it not right and of course any decent person does thier best suppress it . But nobody is perfect.

Hey your lucky your white how bless can you get . I personally know how it feels to be looked down on just because of the color of your skin and it sucks . I can even imagine how much worse it must be to be black in this country. They say every single day your aware of the color of your skin if your black. Do you ever think of your color ? Thats what you should be upset at not me . We all should but thats just not the way it is .

Dankk just tell me what percentage of your friends have a different skin color . Have you ever crossed the street to avoid walking past a group of black kids or homeboys . I have and I,m not ashamed that its because they scare me a bit . And if it were white kids It wouldn,t bother me at all. Is it right that its that way ., of course not . But I,m just being honest because that is just the way it is .
So get on your high horse if you want but your not fooling me , we all think those thoughts of other races then our own. Its just part of being human . And Ry is right I can bitch about mexicans all day and think nothing of it. But if you used the word spic, or beaner I would not like it . We all just have a long way to go as a species is all . Hopefully we will get there.

So There you go I have no dislike of whites Since I,m half myself
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:13 pm

I.P.Freely wrote:Dankk I knew you would get upset and thats cool. I was saying I think that way or at least I do my best not to. But I would lieing to say I never have raciest thoughts from time to time and so do you. Everyone does and you know that whether you admit it or not. And of course it not right and of course any decent person does thier best suppress it . But nobody is perfect.

Great point IPF...and great post. I agree - all of us, of every race, would be lying to say we've never had any racist or bigoted thoughts from time to time. Stereotypes are pervasive in our culture and it's very difficult not to be affected by them. You're absolutely right, nobody is perfect. We're all susceptible to it.

Cheers,
-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby johnjoseph » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:39 pm

I.P.Freely wrote:So get on your high horse if you want but your not fooling me , we all think those thoughts of other races then our own. Its just part of being human . And Ry is right I can bitch about mexicans all day and think nothing of it. But if you used the word spic, or beaner I would not like it . We all just have a long way to go as a species is all . Hopefully we will get there.

So There you go I have no dislike of whites Since I,m half myself

The first step toward healing the divide between humanity begins with honest self-reflection.

And anyone who says they have not felt this way at one time or another is only lying to themselves.

I agree 100% with I.P.Freely on this.
johnjoseph

Postby dankk » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:35 pm

I.P.Freely wrote:Dankk I knew you would get upset and thats cool. I was saying I think that way or at least I do my best not to.

Im not mad at you IPF... lol Not at all...

I was just wanting to not be a part of your opinion as I truly dont see it that way. I am not prejudice against skin color. I do think I am biased to a degree however. Biased against cultural aspects that can sometimes fit in with certain ethnicities. For instance, ever since 9/11, I have been very leery of the Islam culture and religion. That doesnt mean I am prejudice against muslims. What I mean is that since there are some radical elements within that culture, those radical elements are the ones that I have a problem with. They can be any color.

I dont look at a person of color and go into fanatical racist mode. There have been times when I was much younger (20 years ago or so) that I have been guilty of such behavior, so in the aspect of ever having had those types of thoughts, then yes. That is true. But after gaining an education and growing older, I have seen many different persons that are not "white" that I hold a great amount of respect for and consider them all my equal... if not better in some cases.. lol Back when I was about 25, I played in a Reggae band for about a year down in Ft. Lauderdale. At the same time, I was playing keyboards and bass guitar in a Heavy Metal band. The lead singer for the heavy metal band was a black man. I had a blast! I have hung out with many different people of multiple backgrounds and colors.

The cultures that go along with certain people are what gives me reason for pause. Not a persons skin color. I hope that you can see the difference in what I am talking about.

Regardless, the clip of 'Kramer' going off like that against a a few hecklers was just crazy. Thats what I was talking about in the first place. :)

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby dankk » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:38 pm

johnjoseph,

Welcome to the RU board! :)

I hope you enjoy your stay here. Feel free to hang out and post to your hearts content in all the forums we have here. \:D/

You can go to the new members forum and make a thread telling a little about yourself if you would like to. :)

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby I.P.Freely » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:09 am

Dankk I would never comdone what that dumass did but just like you said you may have done something like that when younger like this I feel it not that big a deal really. He should feel ashamed and apologize to those people . But it happens .
I really is to bad you feel that way about islam. Do you feel that way about christianity because there is thier fair share of radicals also i.e. skinheads, kkk, .
I just think we need more discusion and and alot less finger pointing .

To bring this closer to home I feel the members of Ru and Om are actually much closer in thier beliefs then you would think . But somehow a great devide developed so that now diferences are exagerated and simularitys ignored. These things happen all the time between cultures or even within cultures themselves. So it seems to me that for the moment we need to learn to accept this is part of being human and reach out with a open hand rather then a clenched fist when these things happen. Thats all.

I do want to thank you for starting this thread Dankk because no amount of laws will ever stop bigotry and the like. Only understanding each other can do that.
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Serpentime » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:16 am

Hi everyone,

These are my thoughts regarding prejudice.

They are my thoughts only.

{Character \ 'kar-ik-ter \: Moral strength and excellence.}

A laudable person is a laudable person; regardless of Race, Color, Sex, Creed, Culture, Appearance, ad infinitum..., if that person possesses and demonstrates Character.

A non-laudable person is a non-laudable person; regardless of Race, Color, Sex, Creed, Culture, Appearance, ad infinitum..., if that person does not possess and demonstrate Character.

While I, myself, am not perfect -- and am only Human -- this is the only prejudice that I wish to acknowledge.

Again... My thoughts,

Serpentime
"Life's fantasy... To be locked away, and still to think you're free."

-- Ronnie Dio
Serpentime
Valued Contributor

Google

Return to Chit Chat