8 year old girl... you decide

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

8 year old girl... you decide

Postby dankk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:45 am

Youtube has been getting quite a few hits on this video of an 8 year old girl talking about things that a lot of adults cant fully grasp. While it is said that this is a promo for a music group called the "Bastard Faires," it still make one wonder about how in the world the parents of this child would allow for such trash talk.

I certainly hold an opinion of this but I would like to see what others think about this.

2 1/2 minute video or so.. Watch it here at youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8x14cLGh5o

This is the very essence of what I would call mind control and child exploitation.

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Re: 8 year old girl... you decide

Postby Hidden Hand » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:28 am

:bgthbup:

The First Ammendment Kicks Ass!

dankk wrote:This is the very essence of what I would call mind control and child exploitation.

Yeah right - did you read what that page says - "OFFICIAL STATEMENT: THIS VIDEO FEATURES A TALENTED YOUNG ACTRESS PLAYING A FICTITIOUS CHARACTER."
Is this a private fight, or can anyone join in?
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dankk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:40 am

Relax HH, what are you trying to say? That because an "official statement" was made that this is all nothing? If that is your position that is fine. No worries. I was asking for opinion. And that is yours.

Who made that "official statement" btw? I already made mention that this video was a promo for the band the "bastard faries" or whatever the name is... If you think I am wrong in making such a post in this forum, then kindly delete it or move it to where you would find it to be more appropriate.

Also, go look at other edits made in response to it.. namely the one done by her uncle. :)

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby Shawnna » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:13 am

I moved this thread to "Chit Chat" as it did not seem to fit the PSI/Mind Control category which is for:

PSI / Mind Control
This forum is for the discussion of psychokinesis and extrasensory perception.
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby dankk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:28 am

well if the manipulation and exploitation of children doesnt sound like mind control, I cant say that I blame you.

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby I.P.Freely » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:29 am

I for one Dankk am quite grateful for this post. After hearing so much about the foul mouth little girl on talk radio I was delighted to see your link . I just had to see what this was all about myself and let me tell you I was appalled. They should take that child away from her parents for making her stand there and speak the truth the real truth. And the foul language my god can you believe she used the words "damn" and "ass" once each And "empathy" I,d slap my child if they ever used that as a child or adult . The day I treat another person let alone a child as a human being is the day you can send me to camp. Concentration camp that is...OYE VEY.....

Funny how the truth becomes obsence when it points its finger at you(I do not mean you personaly Dankk)

***MOD edit*** removed inflammatory remark that was unnecessary.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dankk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:35 am

***MOD edit*** IPF's inflammatory remark has been removed.

Because this post was in direct response to the inflammatory remark - and nothing else - and that inflammatory remark has been removed, this post is being edited in full.
dankk
Banned

Postby I.P.Freely » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:45 am

"asked not to use name" I really did not state that to hurt your feelings or anger you in any way. I was only stating what I believe to be true for a certain portion of americans today. I,m even more sorry that I believe you belong in that group. But if you would be happier if I say its just my opinion then fine it is .
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dankk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:47 am

YOU keep MY name out of every single post you endeavor to make here from now on. Follow me IPF?
dankk
Banned

Postby Shawnna » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:49 am

IPF - your post was fine - except for the last sentence which I edited out.

And for both IPF and dankk - please avoid any comments directed at each other.

My personal thanks to you both for your help with this. I really, truly want us all to be able to dialog without engaging in unnecessary personal attacks.

Always,
Shawnna

PS - I am locking this topic until things cool off a bit.
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Shawnna » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:57 pm

Things have now cooled off and I'm reopening this thread.

Thanks to HH - I actually watched this video last night and darn near wet myself laughing! I've also put it on my own personal live journal and my sons thought it was funny too.

I do not see anything wrong with this at all. In fact, I agree with pretty much everything she said. And I think using an 8 y/o to deliver this kind of message was brilliant - I wouldn't have paid any attention to it had it been an adult.

I'd love to hear other thoughts about the video's message, the use of an 8 y/o to deliver that message, the style of the video, etc.

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Hydden » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:29 pm

It's amusing, if nothing else. Very clever of them to use a child to get their message out even if she really doesn't know everything she's referring to.

And you're right - if that had been an adult talking like that, I probably would've stopped listening to it halfway through.

But as a promotion for a band, that's all I can really see it as now.

Entertainment never ceases to amaze...

Hydden
Too much popcorn is never enough!
Hydden
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:12 pm

well what failed to grasp was what some people found so offensive well thats not true I know what it was but it is true and a couple rightwing media kooks almost blew there gaskets. How is truth ever offensive?
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Google

Return to Chit Chat