Recent CIA-DNI Appointments

Anything and everything else

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Recent CIA-DNI Appointments

Postby Max » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:51 pm

Dan Smith has updated his website and there is some interesting speculation on there regarding the recent appointments of Bob Gates to CIA and J. McConnel to DNI.
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:08 pm

Dated 1/12/07 - Dan Smith's Blog:

---

Show Time?

Are we ready for this? I'm afraid that we are as ready as we will ever be. That's not saying a heck of a lot, but, hey, it's good enough for 'gummint' work.

And who's calling these shots, we might like to know? That's the only real question right now.

Gates, McConnell and Gen. Clapper. Gates appoints Clapper to be head of intel at the Pentagon. I didn't know that this was anything different from his present position as the director of the DIA, but I am told that it is. MM will need to be confirmed by the Senate, obviously, but I don't think GC will have to be confirmed by anybody.

I met separately with two birds in DC yesterday. I infer that one is against a show, the other is more neutral.

I am told that GC also has left tracks in the phenomenological jungle, but probably not as large tracks as MM. There are other such magi being repositioned, as we speak. Is this a palace coup? Is the Old Man taking Junior out behind the woodshed? Does Junior have a clue?

BH tells me that a source told him two years ago to expect something to happen this year. I could have such a source!

There is no question that MM and DB knew each other back in their Navy days. There is no question the DB subsequently(?) went nuts and now blames it on MM. I am told that everyone knows this; kinda like I was once told that everyone knew I was SF.

The issue is whether this and possibly similar questions will get popped in the Senate hearing. Someone is consulting with some Senate staffers about this. Someone was supposed to be in the Courtyard(?) yesterday. He told that he had to miss our first meeting because he could not get permission to skip a meeting at Foggy Bottom, but, over beers last night, someone else told me that he didn't go over to State, either. Prognosis: more fog on the river. How does one manage to not be in four different places at the same time?

Run silent, run deep? Easier said than done. Unlike most of its counterparts, the ONI is small potatoes. Precious few are those who make it beyond the grade of Captain therein. They are easy to track. And guess what? Virtually no one has been able to avoid this playpen. Even my old man's colleague on the academic steering committee in Cambridge, MA, Donald M, left his footprints in these not so quick sands. Davy Jones' locker is hard to keep locked. And don't forget that curious collection of Challenger alums in the same environs. Maybe it weren't manganese nodules, after all. USOs are not always a laughing matter, not when playing blind man's bluff with megatonnes. It may not only be the swabbees getting bf'd down there. If TF debriefs the astronauts, who debriefs the argonauts?

And what about those poor Senators that I had so much fun bugging a few years ago, before I turned to blogging? Fish out of water start to stink pretty quickly. How long can we ignore the stench? Are we not being provoked toward a collective 'pee-yew'? I told my first interlocutor yesterday that I was quite content with just the KC/Hollywood gambit. That would be sufficient unto the day, IMO; but, hey, maybe I'm not running this show.

Can of worms? Fish bait? How 'bout that 9/11 conspiracy? That's a real big worm!

The right few words in the ear of Art Bell, and forget Hollywood, right?

Is/was re-positioning the Fish Tank on the Potomac really necessary? That will force the hand of the 'skeptics'. But once the word is out, there will be a political free-fall/free-for-all, anyhow. It will be musical chairs all over again. Who knows when the music will stop? With the Hollywood gambit, we can explore our options virtually, in a more concerted manner than here-to-for.

But maybe we can just crank up the fog machine on the Potomac, and then take the show to the west coast. Will the UFO 'weenies' let us get away with the leger de main? So we could side-step the hearings problem, and let the gossip filter/percolate through the ranks of ufology for a few months, and see where we are then.

The handwriting is on the wall. Let the hand-wringing begin.

There is supposed to be a barbeque this weekend, and possibly a meeting with Stingrey next week.

And so it goes....................
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:16 pm

See this paragraph?

But maybe we can just crank up the fog machine on the Potomac, and then take the show to the west coast. Will the UFO 'weenies' let us get away with the leger de main? So we could side-step the hearings problem, and let the gossip filter/percolate through the ranks of ufology for a few months, and see where we are then.

My the arrogance... Yes, crank up the fog machine guys, you aren't fooling anyone. Hey R..., if you're reading this - I took your advice and read up a little bit on psychology. I'm starting to see things a little more clearly now, thanks.

-Ry
Last edited by ryguy on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Max » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:23 pm

Incredible, the manipulations that are bandied about to to get to each particular group's desired end result, eh?
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Hydden » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:40 pm

Well, I'll still stick with my own ideas about the whole "cover-up" saga. I think it's one of two things.

1. They know about the technology and how much simplier and more free people would be with such things as free energy, space travel, etc and are afraid they would lose their control over us if we were given such things to use of our own free will.

2. They don't know much about it and are as in the dark as the rest of us and are too embarassed to show weakness in these areas of knowledge as they try their best to figure out how and what to do with it all.

Eh?

Hydden
Too much popcorn is never enough!
Hydden
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby kiwicocky » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:20 am

ryguy wrote:Dated 1/12/07 - Dan Smith's Blog:

BH tells me that a source told him two years ago to expect something to happen this year. I could have such a source!

There is no question that MM and DB knew each other back in their Navy days. There is no question the DB subsequently(?) went nuts and now blames it on MM. I am told that everyone knows this;

No question????

sheesh

Where's the evidence to support the claim?

Is Dan Smith quoting Bill Hamilton?
kiwicocky
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:54 am

kiwicocky wrote:Is Dan Smith quoting Bill Hamilton?

I'm pretty sure that's where he's received that information, yes.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby serponaut » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:46 am

There is no question that MM and DB knew each other back in their Navy days.

Yeah took the words right out of my mouth Kiwi. Proof please Mr Smith? Oh that's right you don't need it if you quote BH. bleh!! Enjoy your barbequed stingray.

Getting more ridiculous isn't it?

Thanks for posting it Ry. BS meter on full alert.
serponaut

Postby kiwicocky » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:02 am

This bit:
BH tells me that a source told him two years ago to expect something to happen this year.

Sharula from Mt Shasta perhaps? Or Pam's reptilian?

Bleh, indeed Serponaut :)
kiwicocky
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Google

Return to Chit Chat