I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby Skymon861 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:37 am

I am new.

Do your moderators love to ban people if the moderators simply disagrees with the posters point of view.

I will see if you are the same as Open Minds forum

so far I got a threat by a moderator that if he disagrees with me he will ban me. :cry:
Skymon861
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 am


Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue May 25, 2010 4:49 am

Skymon861 wrote:Do your moderators love to ban people if the moderators simply disagrees with the posters point of view.

I will see if you are the same as Open Minds forum

so far I got a threat by a moderator that if he disagrees with me he will ban me. :cry:


1) I am not a moderator.
2) Have you read the rules of this forum?
3) You have made a wild claim, and you have been asked to provide evidence to support the claim. So far, you have continually ignored providing such evidence. That is the sign of a troll.

You decide.
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
User avatar
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby Skymon861 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:02 am

I posted the evidence I found

and the claim I made is not wild

nobody posted evidence of a boat to support their claim

why dont you go ask them to put up or shut up

I appreciate you agreeing with me that I posted evidence already
Last edited by Access Denied on Tue May 25, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote of entire previous post
Skymon861
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 am

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue May 25, 2010 5:12 am

Skymon861 wrote:I posted the evidence I found


You clearly have no clue about what constitutes evidence for your claim.

and the claim I made is not wild


It most certainly is.

nobody posted evidence of a boat to support their claim


Using your own belief of what constitutes evidence, yes they did. Using a standard of evidence that proves something is what you claim, they did no better than you.

why dont you go ask them to put up or shut up


You are the one saying it is something for which there is no evidence. You are on the hook. No one else.

I appreciate you agreeing with me that I posted evidence already


Passive-aggressive. Noted.
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
User avatar
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby Skymon861 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:33 am

Well I hope I can educate you on what investigations require.

It appears you are a rookie in debating facts about cases.

"Saying it is a boat" is a weak way to present a case.

Hope that clarifies it for you.
Skymon861
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 am

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby Chorlton » Tue May 25, 2010 7:54 am

Ray, its not worth it mate. Its just not worth it !
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby Access Denied » Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 am

Skymon861 wrote:Do your moderators love to ban people if the moderators simply disagrees with the posters point of view.

Loaded question duly noted.

Skymon861 wrote:I will see if you are the same as Open Minds forum

Agenda duly noted.

Skymon861 wrote:so far I got a threat by a moderator that if he disagrees with me he will ban me. :cry:

Straw man duly noted.

You violated at least four of our rules…

3. Posters are encouraged to summarize the contents of links, and briefly state the purpose of the link.

4. Posters are encouraged to cite supporting evidence when providing facts. If no evidence is provided, posters are encouraged to preface their statement with acknowledgement that the post is a statement of opinion only.

5. Posters are encouraged to defend their arguments. Direct questions must be answered in a timely manner.

6. Posters are encouraged to remain on topic. Hijacking other poster’s discussions to draw attention to your ideas will not be allowed.


I would encourage you to read them during your 3 day suspension.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue May 25, 2010 10:23 am

AD, please make his ban permanent. He attempted to post three comments to the blog as someone else, a valid user - both defaming that user and also RU. His IP address matches the IP address he has used here on the forum to post.

I've left the three comments in the spam section so you can have a look and I've also banned him from the comments section.

Cheers,
Steve

ETA
He's just tried registering as a new user, so he is also now permanently banned from this section too.
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby gunter » Tue May 25, 2010 9:04 pm

He attempted to post three comments to the blog as someone else, a valid user - both defaming that user and also RU. His IP address matches the IP address he has used here on the forum to post.
???
consider everything/ believe nothing
Image
User avatar
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby oboe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:02 pm

I stole this from Pork.

Image
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby ryguy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:44 am

Wow, tried to post under the identity of a different valid user? Crazy.

Now is a good time to refer readers to one of our older expose pieces written by Hidden Hand ages ago, about another poser who is famous for playing these sort of games on the Internet. He is also the owner of Open Minds.

Lucianarchy Uncovered

Lucianarchy and sock puppets
From a 2001 newsgroup post, identifying some of Lucianarchy's sockpuppets:
So far, I count 13 of your suck puppets over the past 2 years. Have I missed any?

"EVC" <........@......net>
Easy Vegan Cooking
Dr. Wilson
Peek at you
Phil
Lucy9254
Roald Humberg <R...@humberg.fsnet.co.uk>
Belvedere <x...@zoom.co.uk>
Thomas Hunter <tomh...@virgin.net>
Lucianarchy <lucianar...@dial.pipex.com>
D. Leary <l...@madasafish.com>
Various frogged misspellings of Lou & Wally's names
"bb" <y...@dial.pipex.com>
Robbin Roberts <robbinrobe...@dial.pipex.com>


However, Lucianarchy apparently renigs on both promises: he is posting again about his psychic powers (in a thread he started on April 5, 2005), and then gets banned for using a sock puppet to agree with himself (on September 5, 2005). Here is the skepticforum administrator's note on Lucianarchy's ban:
Lucianarchy, our rules specifically prohibit multiple user accounts. Both of your user accounts have been deactivated and your primary user account, "Lucianarchy", has been banned. Considering that we intervened on your behalf when someone else pretended to be you, Lucianarchy, your use of someone else's name as a sock puppet is particularly offensive. Goodbye.


You can just imagine the crap he gets away with on a forum where he is the top admin. How many of those buffoons over there are even real?
Just sayin...

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: I am new are you BAN HAPPY

Postby oboe » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:19 pm

Makes me wonder if Fore is one of his socks. Foron loves to brag about his so-called psychic powers.
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 pm


Google

Return to New Members

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron