Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Re: New Member

Postby recipient1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Greetings to everyone from recipient1.
I have been waiting on tenterhooks for a reply notification, but they dried up.
Perhaps I should have provided more clues with my first post. I thought the twinkle in my eye would have been enough.

I knew from the outset I would need to provide some kind of proof for my outlandish claims, so I did.

You have just not found it yet!

Do not quote me or anything, but I did say time will tell.
recipient1

Postby ryguy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:16 am

What good do riddles serve?

See you next month.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby recipient1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Sigh!
Ok, I am disappointed. I thought this would have been discovered long before now, but I was wrong.

My first post contains the proof you seek. Do you want me to HIGHLIGHT it further? Hint 2, when I said do not quote me or anything, I was providing another clue.

There is a very good reason for all of this and I will be happy to explain once all has become clear.
recipient1

Postby ryguy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Working on it.

May need my linguistic buddy Steve though, assuming it isn't just garbage...lol
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Might I assume that 631 and 2641 were clues as well?

P.S. - I get it that "time" is a clue, you don't have to repeat that one. lol
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby recipient1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:11 pm

No, those numbers are genuine.
recipient1

Postby ryguy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:38 pm

I've solved the cipher.

Before I post the answer, I would like to know if you know when this prediction is supposed to apply. Wait...nevermind. I'll just compare the prediction to your posted date/time.

More in a few.
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 pm

I have to check with Steve to see if there was a way for you to have edited your first post before you provided the clue today so that someone would find it (without us having logged it).

I don't believe we logged edits, so unfortunately I believe you will be able to get away with pulling this little gag.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that the text was there until you read the news report and pasted it there, and then finally provided us with enough of a "hint" to go back and magically discover it.

Why didn't you just come right out and post it outright back then rather than wait until after the event to help "solve" the riddle?
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:52 pm

For readers who are wondering, our new friend here has appended a color-coded cipher at the end of his first post.

The code was: joypzajobyjozlcluwvpuavul

The cryptogram above decodes to the message:

CHRISTCHURCHSEVENPOINTONE

I'm sure it refers to the 7.1 earthquake at Christ Church in India on Sept 3rd, 2010.

http://www.indianweekender.co.nz/Pages/ ... ristchurch

Unfortunately, our friend here didn't bother telling us about the "clue" at the end of his first post until today, September 9th (other than dropping occasional undecipherable clues along the way to make it appear - later - as though the clue was there all along).

What a joke. Get lost.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby recipient1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:04 pm

I am not able to edit my posts so I do not see how any of that applies!
The earthquake was in New Zealand, not India.

Care to try again?
recipient1

Postby recipient1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:22 pm

I have gone back and checked my first post, the edit button is now there. Surely edits are logged?
The required element of doubt now looks doubtful as it stands! I was counting on members being unable to edit their posts after a certain grace period and in the event of an edit it would be logged.

Ok.

You have my second prediction.
recipient1

Postby ryguy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:26 pm

recipient1 wrote:I have gone back and checked my first post, the edit button is now there. Surely edits are logged?
The required element of doubt now looks doubtful as it stands! I was counting on members being unable to edit their posts after a certain grace period and in the event of an edit it would be logged.

Ok.

You have my second prediction.

No - only moderator edits are logged. User posts/changes/edits aren't logged as far as I know - maybe Steve knows otherwise.

Please spell out the prediction. I don't have time to decode another cryptogram wherever you've placed it (which, I will not as of Sept 9th, is nowhere). Just state the prediction and we'll see if it comes true. Why is that so difficult?
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:10 am

Could someone edit their post - I need to see if when a regular user edits a post it makes note of it at the bottom of the post....thanks!
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Crackajack » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:06 am

Yeah it does Ry. See my edit back in page 1 of this thread.
Crackajack
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:54 am

Kudos to Ryan for unraveling the riddle and decoding the cipher...

Access Denied wrote:
recipient1 wrote:They also told me there is an anchor here in 2010 which enabled them to contact me. I do not know what or where the anchor is.

Theoretical physics tells us that if backwards time travel is physically possible, the farthest back in time and space you could go is back to the exact same point in spacetime that you turned your time machine on.

Therefore, if in fact this is real, you are the time traveler and operator of the time machine, if not also the inventor of it!

QED

Kudos to theoertical physics for identifying the operator of the time machine...

recipient1 wrote:I am familiar with the idea of reverse time travel back to the point of origin, but I am not an inventor! They have been reluctant to expand on the anchor explanation.

Kudos to you for being as forthright as possible with your answers without giving the game away prematurely but the least you could do now is reveal for everyone else how you did it...
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

PreviousNext

Google

Return to New Members