New Member

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Re: New Member

Postby recipient1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:54 pm

The hidden text has been there since I posted it.
 


The people contacting me explained why I cannot and must not give any
obvious predictions.
 

If I were to say there will be a 9.6 magnitude earthquake in San Francisco
within the next few weeks and it comes to pass, I would invite a lot of
unwanted attention on my person.
 


Posting abstract but accurate information on a obscure (sorry!) messageboard
is more likely to generate just enough doubt in the minds of most people to
make my time here a little bit safer.
 


I know how dangerous this could be for me.

recipient1
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: New Member

Postby ryguy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:52 pm

recipient1 wrote:The hidden text has been there since I posted it.
 



Unfortunately phpbb forums are vulnerable to hacking, and editing a post without the board recording the edit doesn't come across to me as an overly difficult hack for a skilled programmer. As Tom mentioned to me privately, your knowledge of cryptograms/ciphers suggests that sort of knowledge.

The people contacting me explained why I cannot and must not give any
obvious predictions.
 


If I were to say there will be a 9.6 magnitude earthquake in San Francisco
within the next few weeks and it comes to pass, I would invite a lot of
unwanted attention on my person.
 



Yes, but there are straightforward and private ways of confirming the predictions without drawing attention to yourself.

Posting abstract but accurate information on a obscure (sorry!) messageboard
is more likely to generate just enough doubt in the minds of most people to
make my time here a little bit safer.
 


I know how dangerous this could be for me.



You have my attention. However, this board isn't the place for hacking/psychology experiments, because ultimately I assure you, you've underestimated this place. If you are attempting to perpetrate a fraud here, I give you my solemn oath that I will personally make sure that you regret ever setting foot in here. I will never rest.

On the flip side, if you are being honest and straightforward, I will just as passionately support the truth. Don't think that you're going to come on here and screw with us, because whether or not you think we're obscure - I assure you that if we learn that you are attempting a fraud - you will come to truly appreciate the reality of what we are capable of.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: New Member

Postby ryguy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:54 pm

By the way - you said we have your next prediction, but we don't as of 9/10/2010
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: New Member

Postby recipient1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Trust me, the prediction is there.
If you think I have hacked your server so I could make a prediction, there is not a lot I can say. If the software is so vulnerable to attack as you claim, maybe it is time to change to a different system?

You might also try checking your server access logs.

For the record, I have not hacked your server and I have not hacked the software. I would not know where to start.
recipient1
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: New Member

Postby ryguy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Well, I'll tell you what, at least as of September 9th, I have the encrypted code in my hands. We have an event on Sept 4th that is contained in the cipher. Unfortunately, you didn't make it obvious that the cipher even existed until Sept 9th. However, if there is another phrase within the cryptogram, I will work on finding it when I have some spare time. If, at some date, there is an event that takes place and you can show me which key/decryption method reveals the message within this same cryptogram - I will very likely be a believer.

Because, as of Sept 9th, I now have the code in my hands and you can't change it. So I guess we'll see. If the prediction is embedded somewhere else in the forum or within posted messages, there's too much possibility of technical fraud - so I hope that's not the case.

-Ryan

recipient1 wrote:Trust me, the prediction is there.
If you think I have hacked your server so I could make a prediction, there is not a lot I can say. If the software is so vulnerable to attack as you claim, maybe it is time to change to a different system?

You might also try checking your server access logs.

For the record, I have not hacked your server and I have not hacked the software. I would not know where to start.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: New Member

Postby ryguy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Oh,

And if there are any folks out there that like a challenge, please take a look at this cryptogram:

joypzajobyjozlcluwvpuavul

I'm going to try the reverse of it - but if anyone has any other ideas, have fun. I've already found CHRISTCHURCHSEVENPOINTONE. If there's another one in there using a different cipher, it would be interesting to see what people come up with.

Again, I don't like the attempt at intrigue and mystery - however, your explanation that you're nervous about your own personal protection and unwanted attention makes a little bit of sense. It's pretty convenient that you have skill/knowledge in cryptography though - not everyone off the street has that skill.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: New Member

Postby recipient1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:39 pm

I am not trying to create intrigue or mystery, I am only trying to generate an element of doubt.

Added:
It does not require any skill to use a website.
Rumkin.com/tools/cipher
Last edited by recipient1 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
recipient1
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: New Member

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi Recipient1, a belated welcome to the forum. I've been very busy lately so haven't been reading as much as I should/could.

At first read, your posts come across as the usual bs we are used to seeing here, but this latest development has put the cat amongst the pigeons. As it stands at the minute I see three possibilities:

1. You're a lucky guesser
2. You're a hacker
3. You're receiving messages from the future.

I know which one I'm favouring at the minute... ;)

Why you?
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: New Member

Postby recipient1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:11 pm

I am not a hacker, so that makes me a lucky liar or someone who is telling the truth.
First I was accused of editing my first post WEEKS after the fact, yet I receive no apology when that claim is shown to be false. My post above shows how it is not possible for a user like me to edit their messages without a notice being displayed.

Will I receive an apology when it is shown I am not a hacker?

I wanted an element of doubt, but seriously!
recipient1
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: New Member

Postby ryguy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:23 pm

recipient1 wrote:I am not a hacker, so that makes me a lucky liar or someone who is telling the truth.
First I was accused of editing my first post WEEKS after the fact, yet I receive no apology when that claim is shown to be false. My post above shows how it is not possible for a user like me to edit their messages without a notice being displayed.

Will I receive an apology when it is shown I am not a hacker?

I wanted an element of doubt, but seriously!


Yes - I'll be the first to apologize, but I'm not convinced yet.

Easiest solution, if you want to protect yourself, is to PM myself, Steve (Zep Tepi) and Tom (Access Denied) your prediction and we'll monitor the news for it to occur. Simple as that. You say the way you're doing it is to introduce doubt, but what it really does is cover up the truth.

I'm not sure there isn't a 4th or 5th option on that list Steve...!

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: New Member

Postby ryguy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:29 pm

recipient1 wrote:I am not trying to create intrigue or mystery, I am only trying to generate an element of doubt.

Added:
It does not require any skill to use a website.
Rumkin.com/tools/cipher


Well thank you for providing the list of tools you used. At least it narrows down the possibilities from millions down to a couple dozen or so...lol.

I'm not buying the doubt bit.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: New Member

Postby Crackajack » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:25 am

recipient1 wrote:...If I were to say there will be a 9.6 magnitude earthquake in San Francisco
 within the next few weeks and it comes to pass, I would invite a lot of
 unwanted attention on my person.
 


Posting abstract but accurate information on a obscure (sorry!) message board 
is more likely to generate just enough doubt in the minds of most people to
make my time here a little bit safer.
 

...


recipient1 wrote:The required element of doubt now looks doubtful as it stands!


Hmmm. Don't mind me, just playing around with the non cipher stuff. Somebody gotta generate some conspiracy here right? :D
Crackajack
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:44 am

Re: New Member

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:43 am

This is the Zeshua ploy/story. It has all the same earmarks. And if recipient1's IP address resolves to the Chicago area, then I know who he is...the shill for Zeshua.

See the TTI boards for that story that progressed since the time John Paul II died.
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
User avatar
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Re: New Member

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:55 am

BTW, I should also add (not to detract from your decrypting, Ryan) but the Christchurch quake was initially reported as 7.2. It was then downgraded to a 7.1, and then the final citation by seismologists now stands at 7.0.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... s2010atbj/

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
User avatar
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Re: New Member

Postby Crackajack » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:08 am

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:This is the Zeshua ploy/story. It has all the same earmarks. And if recipient1's IP address resolves to the Chicago area, then I know who he is...the shill for Zeshua.

See the TTI boards for that story that progressed since the time John Paul II died.
Ray


Interesting Ray. One Mr Novak I presume. Viral marketing?

I'll be interested to hear 'recipient's' reply.
Crackajack
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:44 am

PreviousNext

Google

Return to New Members

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron