Hello Everyone

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Hello Everyone

Postby DoomsdayRex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:50 am

Hello folks,

A friend told me about this forum and had nothing but good to say about it. It is good to find a place that is about discussion and facts rather than playing a game of one-ups-manship.

I'm a writer and editor living in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. I've had a lifelong interest in UFOs and though my interest has never waned, my perspective in my adult years has changed. I look forward to being a part of this forum.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby Why Not? » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:45 am

DoomsdayRex....

How nice it is to see you here too!

I think these guys & gals take a slightly more sensible approach to things.

Kind regards
Why Not?
Must focus.....
Ignore the junk.....
Ignore the lunatics.....
Why Not?
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:10 pm

DoomsdayRex - very pleased to see you here. Also pleased to see that word about us is getting out.

It's not always easy but we do try to apply a filter to any outright lunacy that attempts to find its way into the forums. I'm sure this will become a lot harder as time goes on and as we grow, but I can assure you right now that we will never give up and allow madness to reign. Evidence rules the day here (for all claims of physical, real-world phenomenon). You won't find any talk of Star-Children or the Federation ship orbiting Earth around these parts... :-)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:31 am

Welcome to the forum DoomsdayRex. I’ve enjoyed reading your posts at ATS and I’m glad you joined here when you did (synchronicity?!) because I noticed you were participating in this recent thread…

Professor Robert Jacobs receives harassments after he goes public
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread625434/pg1

And I was surprised to see nobody mentioned Kingston George’s alternative explanation of events that Tim Printy (aka “Astrophotographer” here at RU and elsewhere) highlights at his website…

The Big Sur ‘UFO’: An Identified Flying Object
http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/bigsur.htm

Normally it doesn’t bother me that I’ve been banned for life at ATS because for the most part, sooner or later someone such as yourself will offer up the same material I would for consideration but this time I found myself yelling at the computer screen… :)

Anyway, looking forward to the opportunity to collaborate with you.

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby m0r1arty » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:45 am

Hey DDR!!

Seems like we're getting the band back together.

Be interesting to see what stories we could dissect, theories we can extrapolate and conclusions we have to some of the more taxing of the paranormal events documented.

Smells a touch of Martian elbow grease around here just now.

I think UFOs and other related topics might be a good place to start!

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Google

Return to New Members