Ooops!

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Re: Ooops!

Postby Slippery Jim » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:hi danny,

ive been through quite a lot myself over the last few years including being extremely unwell due to some spinal damage (now sorted by cortisone injections), and three family deaths just this year (now brighter days due to the recent birth of my nephew) so i can empathise with you (been snappy myself).

get well soon, and hope things improve for you.

all the best.

rich

Rich,

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. I don't think there's anything I can say to make you feel better. From personal experience I know nothing works.

Take care and look after yourself,
Danny.
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby pigswillfly » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 am

I'm not looking for sympathy, I just don't want anyone thinking I'm normally this obnoxious. Danny

Well, if you call your recent offerings obnoxious, :?: the rest of the time you must be a saint. :)

Bummer about redundancy. :( My hubby was made redunadant in April and was out of work for 4 months. Unless a miracle happens he will be out of work again next March but we will get by. Now you have to get your head around being a retiree and ,woe man, your whole life is going to change. :shock: (for the better)

You have my heartfelt commiserations for the passing of your Mum - peace be with you. Annette.
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:36 pm

pigswillfly wrote:Well, if you call your recent offerings obnoxious, :?: the rest of the time you must be a saint. :)

Bummer about redundancy. :( My hubby was made redunadant in April and was out of work for 4 months. Unless a miracle happens he will be out of work again next March but we will get by. Now you have to get your head around being a retiree and ,woe man, your whole life is going to change. :shock: (for the better)

You have my heartfelt commiserations for the passing of your Mum - peace be with you. Annette.

Thank you, Annette, thats very kind of you.

The good news is that my redundancy payment is enough for me to buy-out my 3 siblings' share of the family home so I will, in truth, be going HOME. I left my hometown 21 years ago and have been living in London ever since. We transfered ownership of the family home to us siblings when it looked like my mother would have to be put into care at some point in the future (in the UK if you put a parent into care when they own their home the government steals it from them to pay for the care.)

Thanks again for your kind words, Annette. I'm just back from work so will reply to your PMs in the next day or two.

Danny.
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Previous

Google

Return to New Members