RU members don't check their facts.

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Re: xxx

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:04 am

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:Darn! :(

And here I came into this thread hoping to find some "hardcore action". Ray

You guys are pathetic, gees, what's your problem? Santa bring you coal for Xmas? Get a life and pull your head out of your arse and smell the roses. :roll:
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:19 am

the|exx wrote:Aye Karumba! What did I just miss? Did we just loose a member?

|exx :?:

m0r1arty is loose?!?!?

God help us all!!!!!! :cry:

:lol:
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:30 am

pigswillfly wrote:You guys are pathetic, gees, what's your problem? Santa bring you coal for Xmas? Get a life and pull your head out of your arse and smell the roses. :roll:

Mr. Pigswilly,

We on this forum do not believe every damn thing that is fed to us by YouTube or ATS. We examine the claims presented before us and actually investigate them. Most times they are found to be bunkum propogated by The Credulous for their own personal profit or a mischievous attempt to fool people. Most times these claims are allowed to remain unchecked on ATS to increase their advertising revenue.

Ask yourself why most people on here have been stealth-banned by ATS owners. Ask yourself why ATS owners have hidden our critical posts behind "Off Topic" and "Extreme T&C Violations"

Ask yourself why you're sticking up for these fraudsters.
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:52 am

I've never even visited ATS - wtf are you talking about? :? This place is la la land and you guys are away with the fairies at the bottom of the garden. :P
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby the|exx » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:54 am

Slippery Jim wrote:
the|exx wrote:Aye Karumba! What did I just miss? Did we just loose a member?

|exx :?:

m0r1arty is loose?!?!?

God help us all!!!!!! :cry:

LOL! Yeah it's amazing what you can learn through a typo. I was always under the impression that m0r was virtuous!

|exx :oops:
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby the|exx » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:57 am

pigswillfly wrote:I've never even visited ATS - wtf are you talking about? :? This place is la la land and you guys are away with the fairies at the bottom of the garden. :P

Yet strangely enough, you're the one with wings tinkerbell! :lol:
[/joke]

|exx ;)
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: Flying Pig Claims?

Postby Access Denied » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 am

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:I petition this thread be re-named to something more appropriate: Flying Pig Claims? :D

As I am but your humble servant, done.

So pwf, before you fly from RU as promised, care to repost your reply to me that you deleted so that I can see it was “tongue in cheek” as you claim in your latest PM?

At this point I'm really sorry I wasted my time trying to help you and gave you the benefit of the doubt before all this went down as I'm sure chrLz is now too... playing the victim isn't going to wash around here.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:39 am

Slippery Jim wrote:m0r1arty is loose?!?!?

To be fair to my reply - I was questioning whether we had a "loose" "member".

As a Scotsman it should be noted that I wear a kilt on occasion.

And as a stereotypical Scotsman we wear nothing under our kilts.

So the loose member applies to me as liberally as it applies to IgglePiggle, just in a different way.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Slippery Jim » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:39 am

m0r1arty wrote:
Slippery Jim wrote:m0r1arty is loose?!?!?

To be fair to my reply - I was questioning whether we had a "loose" "member".

As a Scotsman it should be noted that I wear a kilt on occasion.

And as a stereotypical Scotsman we wear nothing under our kilts.

So the loose member applies to me as liberally as it applies to IgglePiggle, just in a different way.

-m0r

I really, really, really didn't need that mental image, m0r! :shock:

Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:45 am

pigswillfly wrote:I've never even visited ATS - wtf are you talking about? :? This place is la la land and you guys are away with the fairies at the bottom of the garden. :P

You haven't? :shock:

You should. They'll love you! :wink:
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

RU members don't check their facts.

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Access Denied wrote:So pwf, before you fly from RU as promised, care to repost your reply to me that you deleted so that I can see it was “tongue in cheek” as you claim in your latest PM?

This is an example of the assumptions based on poor comprehension that have been "flying around" since the original ufo wackjob thread, which was taken on face value without reading the quoted thread from ufomania. Go back and read the pm again Tom, the "tongue in cheek" thread I was referring to was the 9/11 thread on Ufomania. If you had read that quoted thread instead of accepting mosfet's critique as gospel there would have been no need for your following post about "Argument from Ignorance" as you would have discovered that the statement about the toilets was designed to get a discussion started, ie. tongue in cheek. #-o

by mosfet » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:24 am

In a conspiracy topic about 9/11 this women thinks that because they could not find any toilets, the bombs that blew up the twin towers were hidden in toilets and this is why no toilets could be found. And she is one of the creators of the new mufon board?

That's BS - I did not write that.

http://ufomania.proboards.com/index.cgi ... 194&page=1

I don't keep copies of posts I delete, why would anyone do that? But since you say that my reply to being labelled a "wackjob" wasn't tongue in cheek, I will tell you now that it was. Did I swear? Did I call anyone names? Did I rant? No. I simply corrected the incorrect statements made about me, my affiliations and my associates, in a polite manner. How exactly is one supposed to respond to an insulting personal post like that? I think I did alright. If you had taken a moment to read my reply properly instead of going on the offensive, perhaps other members wouldn't have responded with such vigor.

At this point I'm really sorry I wasted my time trying to help you and gave you the benefit of the doubt before all this went down as I'm sure chrLz is now too... playing the victim isn't going to wash around here.

Really? How did you waste your time trying to help me, by saying "welcome, don't be afraid to ask questions, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask"? "Just don't make any claims and you should be alright"? Look at all the claims made about me in the wackjob thread! It seems people here can write anything they like about someone else but heaven forbid that person try to set the record straight and speak up for themselves, they get set upon left, right and center.

I don't need to "play" the victim.

AussieMike » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:37 pm Pigswillfly is a lunatic barking

mosfet » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:56 am am curious to see if mufon approves this one?

PWF now wants to be on the mufon board, have these bulliten board junkies no pride?

from ufomania

"It appears that guests can post if they provide an email contact. I posted in the "Introduce Yourself" section, the post is "awaiting approval from the Forum Administrator". I guess this is a safeguard on all posts from guests.

skywalker, I think this latest development is to encourage participation, obviously the forum didn't take off with the bang they anticipated. Perhaps they will get more participation once the rest of MUFON Central is online. I'm surprised actually at the lack of interest shown by the online ufo community, I guess MUFON is more on the nose than I realised, maybe more than "they" realised too. "

Another example of mosfet totally misreading the situation. First of all Mufon doesn't have to approve of anything posted on Ufomania, Mufon is in no way, shape or form related to Ufomania. Secondly, many of the former Mufon forum members that had joined Ufomania were severely pissed at Mufon, as was I. When they opened their new forum it was a user-pay/subscription members only, after a lacklustre response they opened it to guests as well. I was simply reporting this development to the members of Ufomania and mosfet interprets this post as a "bulletin board junkie with no pride". :roll:

I do recall posting this in my deleted reply to you AD - "And now ... NEWS UPDATE ... I resigned from Ufomania two months ago and after much consideration have moved on to greener pastures, so now you have a resident ufowackjob." If you can't discern that this is written tongue in cheek, you aren't as smart as you'd like to think you are. It should be obvious that I was prepared to overlook the wackjob thread as a piece of fun until it became clear that for some people it was not funny but deadly serious, as if their honour depended on it. Even SJ jumped into the fray with absolutely no idea what he was talking about, but hey, why let that get in the way of a good lynching? I found Chrlz's post to be patronising to say the least, and now it's become a running joke. Been a few slow weeks with no fraudsters to expose?

The worst thing is that I am disappointed. I took my time reading the material on this board and on the blog and was impressed with the intelligence and critical thinking. So much for that, the outspoken few here are guilty of doing the very same thing they rigorously critisize others of doing - jumping to conclusions without researching the facts first. It's just so bizzare, I expected much more.

@m0r - my mistake, it wasn't you who called me a wackjob in the first place, I had your name confused with mosfet.

oink!~
Last edited by pigswillfly on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby mosfet » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:15 pm

I don't know where pwf quotes mosfet from ufomania since I am not a member there nor on the mufon board either?

However here is a quote from her which I beleive has been deleted but it does serve to demonstrate how this woman seems to create issues on every board she joins FYI

post by pwf deleted from ufomania by stiver (?)

Hey, I understand why you find the b.s. irksome but I had no alternative but to leave and I am upset. stiver and jjflash stopped being friendly to me and then suddenly she pm'd and said she was going to leave the forum after she appointed another moderator, possibly aardvark, then she would decide which moderator was most emotionally stable and sign the forum over to them.

She would never have signed it over to me, in the second week of the forum she took away my admin access because she told me she couldn't trust me with the 'delete' button. I don't understand why she would think that, unless it was something jjflash said. They are thick as thieves.

So basically, stiver and I started out as equals, we were both admin, we both created the board but she was the one with her signature on the proboard account so she had control. She is a control freak.

I find it telling that the two people who were there with stiver when the board began and spent the first week creating it with her, namely myself and starshipdisaster (jwalker28), we are the ones that stiver has it in for. She was trying to ban jamie from week 2 and when I stood up for him she started to give me trouble.

stiver is hiding behind her false diplomacy and 'dignity' but she doesn't care one hoot for UFOMANIA other than to feed her ego. She was prepared to drop it like a hot potato in order to participate on the new MUFON forum after jimi started discussing his FI work in progress. Stiver is hungry for information, her primary goal is to get her hands on all of MUFON's case files. Her efforts to get back the old board content is just step 1 of her efforts to ask MUFON to release more of it's information.

Stiver is a user, she uses people and then spits them out. She has ostracised me and no doubt I will be the sacrificial lamb to MUFON HQ to prove to them that UFOMANIA has routed the anti-Mufon faction and is now worthy of their consideration. Fat chance I say, but that's another topic.

I know this is complicated, please try to understand, I am not shy - as you say - I am also not a liar. I call a spade a spade and don't hide behind false decorum. stiver has written that I am telling only part of the truth, well, it's the truth as I see it. If she would like to explain why she thought I would delete the UFOMANIA board then by all means, please do. Then maybe I will know the whole truth. oink!~pwf.
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Once again mosfet you have failed to comprehend what is written in front of you. The quotes from yourself are not from Ufomania or Mufon but from right here.

Yes, I did resign the admin from Ufomania and I had a rant or two after that, then I took a couple of months away from the internet to get over it. As written above, "... after much consideration I have moved forward to greener pastures ..." (that means here in case you don't understand). I did not start this disagreement, if I had read the wackjob thread first I would never have joined, who would go where they are not wanted? But since I was here I took a shot at clearing the air. Obviously this was unsuccessful, everyone here is much too clever by half, which prompts the question, what are you doing here? How come you are in possession of one of my posts which you believe has been deleted by stiver?
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby mosfet » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 pm

So was it deleted by stiver or not? If not could you provide the specific post as I have not the interest to search for it, but I think the post as it stands provides insight into the author, and others can judge for them selves but I think the pattern is emerging if not already clear as a bell.
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:56 pm

I don't know if it was deleted or not, you made the statement.

So hold on, are you saying you didn't search for this post on Ufomania and so you don't know if it has been deleted or not? Then where did you find it? How come you have a copy of my post?

I think the pattern is emerging if not already clear as a bell.mosfet

Yes, it would appear that way wouldn't it, after you started the whole deal by dissing me in "ufowackjob of the week". I notice that you joined RU a week after the old Mufon forum was shut down, around the same time I started Ufomania forum, hmmn, someone with a grudge who doesn't want to identify themselves? oink!~
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to New Members