RU members don't check their facts.

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Re: Flying Pig Claims?

Postby Slippery Jim » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:19 pm

pigswilly wrote:Even SJ jumped into the fray with absolutely no idea what he was talking about, but hey, why let that get in the way of a good lynching?

I think you'll find, madam, that I was simply replying to what you said about the members of this board.
pigswilly wrote:You guys are pathetic, gees, what's your problem? Santa bring you coal for Xmas? Get a life and pull your head out of your arse and smell the roses.

If you think I won't respond to behaviour like that, regardless of knowing your dubious history, then you are sadly mistaken.

Do have a happy Christmas and a pleasant New Year.
SJ.
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
User avatar
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:14 am


RU members don't check their facts.

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Slippery Jim wrote:
pigswilly wrote:Even SJ jumped into the fray with absolutely no idea what he was talking about, but hey, why let that get in the way of a good lynching?

I think you'll find, madam, that I was simply replying to what you said about the members of this board.

I think you'll find, sir, that you had no idea what you were talking about as you associated me with ATM. :wink:

Slippery Jim wrote:
pigswillfly wrote:You guys are pathetic, gees, what's your problem? Santa bring you coal for Xmas? Get a life and pull your head out of your arse and smell the roses.

If you think I won't respond to behaviour like that, regardless of knowing your dubious history, then you are sadly mistaken.
SJ.


I see, what would you say after being told to F.Off and various other insults? If you think I won't respond to behaviour like that then you are sadly mistaken. :P

This is an argument I can't win. For those with any discernment it is plain that I have been maligned by a malcontent with a grudge and other members here have been too quick to jump on the band wagon. People won't back down from their positions and loose face.

The funniest thing is that the members here are mostly renegades who have fallen out with the Admin of various other forums, yet I have a "dubious history" for falling out with the Mufon loving co-admin of Ufomania. Ok, good luck to you guys, this isn't Reality Uncovered it should be renamed Reality Re-Invented. :lol:
Last edited by pigswillfly on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 am

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby mosfet » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:00 pm

pigswillfly wrote:So hold on, are you saying you didn't search for this post on Ufomania and so you don't know if it has been deleted or not? Then where did you find it? How come you have a copy of my post?



When I find a particularly interesting, informative or entertaining post a copy would not be unwarranted. As I am sure many have done.
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:05 pm

mosfet wrote:When I find a particularly interesting, informative or entertaining post a copy would not be unwarranted. As I am sure many have done.


Wow, I'm flattered that you find my posts so interesting or entertaining that you keep copies. You're a veritable walking, talking encyclopedia. =D> ... or some weird type of stalker. :?:
Last edited by pigswillfly on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 am

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:21 pm

It just occurred to me that I'm the only active female member (that I'm aware of), hmmn, I wonder why? :idea:
User avatar
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 am

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby mosfet » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:31 pm

pigswillfly wrote:Wow, I'm flattered that you find my posts so interesting or entertaining that you keep copies. You're a veritable walking, talking encyclopedia. =D>



Well at least in this particular post I wasn't thinking interesting, but since you mention it, I find the level of obstinance capable by an individual without confines interesting. And at the same time of course entertaining as in watching someone dig themselves into a deeper hole.

You tell me is this worth a copy?
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:36 pm

mosfet wrote:You tell me is this worth a copy?


Go for your life, whatever floats your boat. :?:

ps. why are you suddently posting so coherently? if I didn't know better I'd think you had a twin. :P
User avatar
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 am

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby Slippery Jim » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:46 pm

pigswillfly wrote:I think you'll find, sir, that you had no idea what you were talking about as you associated me with ATM. :wink:

You are correct. I simply assumed that as most members on this forum arrived here after having experienced ATS (as you're a lady I'll forgive your obsession with cash-machines.) I shouldn't have made that assumption and I apologise for doing so.

pigswillfly wrote:I see, what would you say after being told to F.Off and various other insults? If you think I won't respond to behaviour like that then you are sadly mistaken. :P

I wouldn't extend my attack to all other members of the forum. You did say "You guys" after all.

pigswillfly wrote:This is an argument I can't win. For those with any discernment it is plain that I have been maligned by a malcontent with a grudge and other members here have been too quick to jump on the band wagon. People won't back down from their positions and loose face.

Again, let me reiterate: I responded to your "You guys" comment so I was hardly jumping on a bandwagon. As to your last sentence in that paragraph: read my first response in this post.

pigswillfly wrote:The funniest thing is that the members here are mostly renegades who have fallen out with the Admin of various other forums, yet I have a "dubious history" for falling out with Mufon and the Mufon loving co-admin of Ufomania. Ok, good luck to you guys, this isn't Reality Uncovered it should be renamed Reality Re-Invented. :lol:

I fell out with the owners of ATS. You're on your third fall-out with 3 seperate forums. What does that tell you?

Best Wishes,
SJ.
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
User avatar
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:14 am

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Slippery Jim wrote:I fell out with the owners of ATS. You're on your third fall-out with 3 seperate forums. What does that tell you?


I beg your pardon, someone is feeding you pork pies SJ.

I have been banned from one forum, the one I co-admined, but I was banned after I deleted my account.

I was on good terms with the admin of the former Mufon forum, starchild, was never banned from there but I did raise ruckus enough, together with some others, for a moderator to have his moderating privleges removed. This moderator resigned from the former Mufon forum before it was closed down and, curiously enough, was not made a moderator on the new Mufon forum.

I never joined the new Mufon forum so I can't have been banned from there. My beef with the Mufon establishment is partly due to the way they treated their forum members with such little regard and their cosy arrangements with Bigelow.

I was invited to co-admin PARAUFO, which I accepted but I took leave of absence and the Admin shut the forum down several weeks after that. There are others who are members here that can testify to that.

I haven't been banned from any other forum that I'm aware of. I had a thread locked on OMF but that's the worst that happened there.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what other forums I've allegingly fallen out with, please. oink!~
User avatar
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 am

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby ryguy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:06 pm

There are two principles that would probably solve a lot of these disagreements and remove the baggage involved in this conversation.

1. Leave those old arguments and the drama where it began - on other forums. It doesn't belong here. Let's talk about the claims/issues at hand.

2. PigsWillFly - some words of advice from a "soft" skeptic (new term I now call myself)...if you offer decent evidence for anything you claim, you will shut down jerk-skeptics. I know they're annoying - always asking for proof and never really doing much research of their own (NOT referencing specific people on this forum!!). But skeptics like this make for good check-valves on your own sanity. They prevent you from falling down rabbit-holes.

For the record though, you probably do need to drop the silly 9/11 toilet theory, unless you have documentation or witnesses from the group searching rubble specifically saying they would have expected to find ceramic toilet remnants after that destruction, and that they didn't find any evidence of them (and of course tested for the powder - which I assume no one did...why test for remaining toilets?)

Please stay and I invite you to kick a few skeptic's asses with hard evidence. I've also temporarily removed your editing rights until I can understand whether the first batch of posts of yours in this thread are being deleted or not. I'll reinstate it after I talk to Zep and AD.

And the rest of you, please lay off of her for a bit ok? You're like a pack of rabid wolves ffs.

Cheers,
-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby pigswillfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Yeah, I did delete my first few posts on this thread because it was my intention to cut my losses and leave. However, I find it hard to walk away from a good argument, lol. By all means, if you can recover those posts it would make sense to re-instate them as it would add continuity to the thread.

OK, I will no longer refer to toilets or lack of them in the context of 9/11. I didn't want to revisit the topic anyway. oink!~pigs. :D
User avatar
pigswillfly
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 am

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby ryguy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:24 pm

pigswillfly wrote:Yeah, I did delete my first few posts on this thread because it was my intention to cut my losses and leave. However, I find it hard to walk away from a good argument, lol. By all means, if you can recover those posts it would make sense to re-instate them as it would add continuity to the thread.



Okay...please don't do that. We once had a moderator that left and deleted her hundreds of posts (if not more). I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that! lol.

BTW, I can't resist a good fight either.. :-)

Thanks for sticking around.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:12 pm

(I'd already removed her editing rights after noticing the post deletions).

To be fair Ryan, the whole thing kicked off after pwf posted a huge list of claims about 9/11 - a post which was then deleted and the context of everything that then happened was removed.

I don't detect many rabid wolves, just a few members who were annoyed by that initial post in this thread (As was I).

Carry on :)

Cheers,
Steve
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby ryguy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:I don't detect many rabid wolves, just a few members who were annoyed by that initial post in this thread (As was I).



In that case it's probably a good thing I didn't get a glimpse of that post.... :shock:

They call me Mr. short-temper these days...lol

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: RU members don't check their facts.

Postby mosfet » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:09 pm

pigswillfly wrote:It just occurred to me that I'm the only active female member (that I'm aware of), hmmn, I wonder why? :idea:



The renown women of UFO


Spotless98
Time Traveler 96
Fishmerized/pigswillfly/annett
Auntym
Juliep
Susane
Tweaked
Shamara
Skywalker/starkiller
Swamprat
starchild
randy
NYL
spinningshields

Especially auntym


I’m sure I missed a few but they are all interchangeable
Last edited by mosfet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:03 pm

PreviousNext

Google

Return to New Members

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron