Hello I am Franspeakfree

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Hello I am Franspeakfree

Postby franspeakfree » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi all, I am a member from ATS I have kept my username so all of you will know who I am and what I am about.

IMHO ATS is circling the drain, when it comes to decent,polite,civil, debates/conversation I mean come on you only have to look at a few threads on the front page to see what I am talking about. Anyway I am not here to diss ATS I am here because alot of my friends are moving over and it would be nice to have a conversation with like minded people that share the same understanding and beliefs based on experience and not what the text books tell us.

Peace
franspeakfree

Re: Hello I am Franspeakfree

Postby chrLz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:38 pm

franspeakfree wrote:Hi all, I am a member from ATS I have kept my username so all of you will know who I am and what I am about.

IMHO ATS is circling the drain, when it comes to decent,polite,civil, debates/conversation I mean come on you only have to look at a few threads on the front page to see what I am talking about. Anyway I am not here to diss ATS I am here because alot of my friends are moving over and it would be nice to have a conversation with like minded people that share the same understanding and beliefs based on experience and not what the text books tell us.

Peace

Welcome Fran - good to see you here. I seem to recall we may not have seen eye to eye on some (..many.. :D ) topics, but I like the way you think and debate!

I think we come from very different angles, but I think we (all?) agree that ATS has become extremely polarised and shallow, where it seems to be more about antagonism than anything else - and that 'both sides' are now guilty of ruining the topics. I'll happily confess to being a guilty party too at times, but I think most will agree that they simply have a very big moderation problem. Maybe they are getting all the hits they want and it's just part of the strategy to make more dollars, but I think it's a pretty short-sighted view and it looks to me to be backfiring.
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby the|exx » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Franspeakfree, and a hearty welcome to RU!

I remember when we first encountered each other on ATS. We had some pretty good debates. I even think I may have been on your foe list at one point... but over time, we earned a respect for each other and learned that we actually had a few things in common. Since then we have fostered a pretty good friendship. I always enjoy your input mate!

Best,

|exx :wink:
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi fran.

i dont remember ever speaking to you on that other website but welcome, you've come to the right place.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey Fran!

You were the first 'believer' that openly stated that they were reconsidering some of their beliefs and I think that takes a pretty big glug of reflective practise and guts. You are also the only 'believer' that I have believed as actually being honest with your reconsiderations.

I like your style and I know you are still optimistic for the potential for alien visitation and interstellar travel but you don't let your optimism get in your way of seeing things for what they are - a rare quality that everyone should learn from.

I look forward to the topics and opinions you bring to these boards as your refreshingly honest optimism regularly makes me see the point in proper public analysis due to its well received, and thankful, competences from yourself.

Welcome to RU and may your stay be as long as a galactic diameter.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby franspeakfree » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:45 pm

I left ATS when the flood gates opened for all and sundry and I returned the other day to check on the wiki leaks and NASA conference and I was overwhelmed with the messages and posts I received welcoming me back I didn't honestly think anyone actually listened and cared about anything I wrote. I was happy and a little nervous at the same time the same day I heard about this site from IRM and I am amazed at how many people I know from ATS. I shall be inviting others and spreading the word shortly.

I am a very passionate person when it comes to ufology there isn't anyone on this planet that can say that what I have witnessed in my life is all in my head. All of my views that I express are sincere and honest built by experience and understanding. Yes my views have changed in regards to EBE helping us out, yes I now understand that science plays a large part in helping people put the pieces together However, I stay strong when I say that everyone on this planet should at least attempt to experience the power of meditation at least once in their life, experience trumps science anytime.

Looking forward to engage with you guys again :wink:

Peace
franspeakfree

Postby chrLz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:04 pm

franspeakfree wrote:....However, I stay strong when I say that everyone on this planet should at least attempt to experience the power of meditation at least once in their life, experience trumps science anytime.

Right there you have me!! I don't know what already exists on RU, but that topic definitely needs a thread and is one I can relate to, despite confessing that I have only truly experienced what you are referring to a couple of times in my life. I look forward to hearing more - will keep an eye out..
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby the|exx » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:18 am

m0r1arty wrote:Hey Fran!

You were the first 'believer' that openly stated that they were reconsidering some of their beliefs and I think that takes a pretty big glug of reflective practise and guts. You are also the only 'believer' that I have believed as actually being honest with your reconsiderations.

I like your style and I know you are still optimistic for the potential for alien visitation and interstellar travel but you don't let your optimism get in your way of seeing things for what they are - a rare quality that everyone should learn from.
-m0r

Indeed m0r!

I guess I can identify with FSF a lot because I underwent a similar 'evolution' or awakening many years ago. I still believe in ET but am sceptical of the majority of claims made by people on Youtube, forums like OM & ATS and your common garden variety Charlatans like Greer, Burisch and Co. As I've stated before, I'm not sceptical that aliens exist somewhere, I'm sceptical of people. I still believe that a very small nucleus of reports may be ET in origin. There are some compelling cases but most of it is simply BS. I still keep my mind open to many possibilities, having experienced a fairly incredible event myself that cannot be explained away in prosaic terms at this point in time... but I remain on guard at all times.

|exx
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:23 am

well put IRM, i couldn't agree more.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:08 am

franspeakfree wrote:Looking forward to engage with you guys again :wink:

That's the spirit... :)

Welcome to RU, sounds like you're working on your personal development and are willing to entertain new ideas and modify your views where necessary... that's a good thing. I know I’ve never stopped learning and I imagine most here would say the same…

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Why Not? » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 am

Franspeakfree.....

I would just like to say that my welcome thread is longer than CHRLZ's.

Kind regards
Why Not?
Must focus.....
Ignore the junk.....
Ignore the lunatics.....
Why Not?
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:33 am

Why Not? wrote:I would just like to say that my welcome thread is longer than CHRLZ's.

Sigh - didn't you get the memo? Quality, not quantity is what is important here... 8)
chrLz

Postby Arbitrageur » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:45 am

the|exx wrote:
I guess I can identify with FSF a lot because I underwent a similar 'evolution' or awakening many years ago. I still believe in ET but am sceptical of the majority of claims made by people on Youtube, forums like OM & ATS and your common garden variety Charlatans like Greer, Burisch and Co. As I've stated before, I'm not sceptical that aliens exist somewhere, I'm sceptical of people.|exx
I think that's true for a lot of us who went through that evolution...it's certainly true for me!

franspeakfree wrote:I am here because alot of my friends are moving over and it would be nice to have a conversation with like minded people that share the same understanding and beliefs based on experience and not what the text books tell us.
Hi Fran, I recognize you from ATS and our paths may have crossed a few times there. I'm pretty new here too! As I recall you're like I was a while back and some of the things you believe I used to also. I still think ETs are out there but I don't trust what other people tell me about UFO sightings nearly as much as I used to.

But it's good to keep questioning like you do, the skeptics need some balance and some questioning sometimes! So I'm glad to see you here whether we always agree or not! Welcome!
Arbitrageur

Google

Return to New Members