Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Re: ..........................

Postby ryguy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Simone, as you can see, Ufology is a different beast than it used to be back then. Tom and I are a little different in our approach but not in our ultimate mission - prove the truth. I like to hear the story first, and then work on getting verification for each part (or picking apart each part), but Tom tends to be more on the side where you shouldn't really tell the story unless you're ready to immediately prove it with documentation. I tend to agree with him, but then not everyone out there approaches their own reality like this. How many of us have documents proving every part of our lives handy and ready to go? I spent two hours yesterday looking for proof that my dog got her rabies shots in 2009 for god's sake....

Anyway, don't take his approach as antagonistic - he's working on the premise that any and all claims at some point have to be supported by documentation. There should be a way to prove the earlier service in some for or another.

With that said, I am the one that asked you the questions, you didn't really come right out and start offering this stuff - so if you didn't really want to talk about your past in the first place, sorry I asked! Although, I really wish you wouldn't delete your posts, that's a major pet peeve of mine....

I'm just interested in the interactions you had with many of the old-school Ufologists back then - there's no better way to get insight about Ufology's sordid history than to have insight from someone that was there.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby chrLz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Hmm. I pop in to offer a welcome and what do I find? er.. lots of kisses. And people talking about stuff that clearly never existed. :shock: :D

Ah well - this too will pass. What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger. ...and other assorted wise but irrelevant sayings..

It's a funny old world.. Anyway, welcome Simone. I hope this doesn't prevent you adding something, whatever that might be, to the forum..!

Nice avatar, btw! 8)
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:21 pm

I think between this and a few other 'experts of old' if'ts clear to see that UFOlogy has grown up - even if those who tried to control it through subterfuge haven't.

I'd like to put forward a big thank you to those of use who have tried out best to figure out what's going on.

You undermining everyone with a Foofey story makes it a lot easier to say that most of the folklore behind UFOs is just nonsense - seriously, you've helped us loads.

Look forward to your deathbed story "I madez it all upz"

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:02 pm

well i wasn't going to say anything but seeing as everyone else has...

this persons posts in the "case closed" thread made me more than a little suspicious, she seemed to be a little upset that nobody knew who she was and that nobody paid her any attention "alarm bell rings"..

do these people actually perceive themselves as being "famous"?.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:07 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:do these people actually perceive themselves as being "famous"?.

thanks

rich

Absolutely. Just look at the pomp and pageantry that surrounds all of the UFO conferences where the same old guys and gals repeat the same old material ad nauseum, and it becomes apparent that yes, much of old school ufology has a very serious superiority complex...an overwhelming sense of elitism of some sort.

I think Simone was a bit misunderstood in this forum though - I had a brief exchange with her about a year ago and as I learned about some of her interactions with a few of the Ufologists we've been trying to do some background research on, I realized she would make for an excellent source of insight into some of the hidden workings of those old school ufologists. There are a lot of things that have gone on that we've just never been privy to - we've heard of rumors of all sorts of scams that have been completely covered up through the years. All it would take would be one insider source to blow many of those wide open. I was hopeful for a while that Simone was opening up, but she disappeared just as quickly then as she has here this time.

It's too bad, I do think there would have been a lot to learn from her experiences.

C'est la vie - there will be other opportunities, there always are.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to New Members