Hello

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Hello

Postby cripmeister » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:23 am

Hi, I'm Chris. I found out about this place last year during the Source A debacle, great work RU =D> I used to spend a lot of time on ATS but that place turned into a joke. I had almost lost interest in the UFO subject but then I remembered about this place. There's some quality work here :D That's it for now.
I call your flying saucer and raise you one unicorn!
cripmeister

Re: Hello

Postby m0r1arty » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am

Love the avatar Chris!!

I remember reading your posts over on ATS back in it's most recent hay day. Quite a few of the OK Coral Crew came by this way. Hopefully you'll see a few of them on here soon enough greeting your personally!

Looking forward to your input!

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby cripmeister » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:59 am

Thanks for welcome m0r,

ATS used to be a great place with real discussions, I used to spend way too much time over there but then the place became a repetitive garbage soup. I'm really looking forward to reading these forums :D
cripmeister

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:05 am

Hi Chris.

im quite sure we've spoken before on ats, welcome to RU, everyone will be very happy to see another great mind join us.

and im sure you'll like it here, the moderation is superb, they dont stand for nonsense and fantastical claims without proof, but they aren't over zelous either.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby cripmeister » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:39 am

Thanks Rich, that sounds promising.
cripmeister

Postby Access Denied » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:38 am

Welcome to RU Chris!

Don't listen to Rich... :D

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby nablator » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:48 am

cripmeister wrote:ATS used to be a great place with real discussions, I used to spend way too much time over there but then the place became a repetitive garbage soup. I'm really looking forward to reading these forums :D

Welcome cripmeister!

That was exactly my experience. I was a big fan of ATS between 2007 and 2009. The silliness became so pervasive that I started posting some silly stuff myself before realizing how pointless it was. I am glad to see you here, I enjoyed your posts a lot. A few examples that I copied to my favorite quotes list :

Skepticism is not a belief, it is an approach. If your mind is already made up then you're not using a skeptical approach - you're using a dismissive approach.

This made me think a lot. Isn't science a belief system? Is it always wrong to reach a [temporary] conclusion using common sense, parsimony and available data, knowing that nothing in science is ever written in stone? When is evidence good enough to reject the null hypothesis? When is absence of evidence evidence of absence? Tough epistemological questions.

At the moment, based on what we know, it is more likely that any saucers wizzing around on earth are piloted by chimpanzees than by ETs. We have evidence that chimpanzees exist and even that they are intelligent. That's a hell of a lot more than we know about any ETs..

I've been working on the Super Simian Theory ever since! :lol:
You may have heard of the many hairy dwarf sightings in France and Venezuela back in 1954...
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Welcome Chris! Looking forward to your take on the issues under discussion here. Feel free to make yourself at home and dive right in. :-)

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Why Not? » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Yo The Cripmeister.....

You evil little muppet you!

Listen.....

Ignore CHRLZ.....

He's just upset because my welcome thread is much better than his!

Cheers mate
Why Not?
Must focus.....
Ignore the junk.....
Ignore the lunatics.....
Why Not?
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Welcome to RU Chris!
I see it's already been said, but make yourself right at home :)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby the|exx » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:33 am

cripmeister! Welcome my friend!

Loved your work at ATS!

IRM :wink:
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:01 am

Kermy!!!

Great to see you here.. It's also great to see the quality of the newbies! (I, of course, have been here for ages...)

You'll find RU seems a little quiet compared to some, but.. oh the quality!!! And if I'm not mistaken, it's beginning to tick over rather nicely in the last little while..

And don't worry about the occasional display of petty jealousy, where some folk go your colour with envy at people with more successful welcome threads... :D

So, jump right in, and don't hesitate to bring anything over here that you think hasn't got good coverage elsewhere..

And if you feel a need to vent about ..er some previous forum you've been at, feel free to pop over here. (Not that I would spam another successful thread of mine :P - that one is rather like shooting fish in a barrel, or rather, fish nailed to a wall...)
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby cripmeister » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks again,

@nablator: I like that avatar :D
cripmeister

Google

Return to New Members