Some guy who thinks he can add something sensible

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Some guy who thinks he can add something sensible

Postby ch1n1t0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:32 am

Hi all

My name is Martin, and I was invited over to join this forum by our friendly Why Not?

Some of you I know from ATS, however, most of you don't know much about me as I haven't been in these fields for long. The reason why I ended up joining a conspiracy forum was my own very first clash with the UFO subject. Yet, I didn't feel very comfortable over at ATS, as from what I managed to grasp, it looked like it had some good past, but it was obvious it has recently turned more into a POPular website, hence, my reserved manner of posting there.

From what I can see, the story here is very different, and I wish to the owners to manage and keep it that way! So, I'll try and be a bit more open here :)

So, all in all, as I said, my name is Martin, I'm from Bulgaria, I'm a music composer, love travelling, hiking in the mountains, going in the wild (we do have some pretty nature here in Bulgaria). I also tend to use critical thinking a lot, since I had many situations in my life that required such (and quick reactions, too). I do keep an open mind about many of the possibilities that are out there, but like tackling those in a reasonable manner.

I think there is much reading for me to do on these boards, as I see it's filled with well structured information regarding the UFO subject. I, on the other hand, promise to provide some interesting things for discussion, surrounding the sighting I and a friend had, the area where it happened, and the facts pointing towards the repetitive nature of this phenomenon in that exact region. However, I would like to construct this thread and present the information in a decent manner, so we could get constructive discussion on the way and hopefully get a step closer to some answers we're all searching for. So the thread will be coming shortly :)

But first, I'll go make some tea :)

Regards,

Martin
ch1n1t0

Re: Some guy who thinks he can add something sensible

Postby m0r1arty » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:30 am

Hello Martin!

It's nice to make you acquittance. I look forward to your story and hope that you enjoy yourself here at RU.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Access Denied » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:32 am

Welcome to the forum Martin, looking forward to hearing about your sighting and anything else you have to share.

What kind of music do you enjoy composing? It’s one of my passions as well…

[in addition to the great outdoors]

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ch1n1t0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 am

Thanks for the warm welcoming, m0r and AD, the pleasure is all mine!

Regarding the music question, I don't tend to close myself between borders, I like to extend my music outside the conventional stereotypes, mixing and fusing all sorts of instruments and styles. But if you point a gun at me and ask me to be more specific, I guess I'd say that cinematic music is my kink. You know, the David Lynch-Barry Adamson-Angelo Badalamenti type of vibe... I'm interested, so same questions goes back to you, AD - what music do you enjoy listening to/creating most? :)

Btw, do I have to post cute ladies to get officially in the WTL competition (WTL - Welcome Thread Length) the other guys are having, or is that optional? (chuckles)
ch1n1t0

Postby m0r1arty » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:03 am

You could apply questions instead of funky looking chicks as a means to generate responses - I'm not too sure how effective that'll be in a den of science orientated guys with a mindset towards enjoying Sci-Fi but it might work.

Speaking of which I should invigorate mine with some of those beauties!

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby chrLz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:04 am

Welcome, Martin - that's a very cool introductory post - it's nice to get that sort of background revealed, and so eruditely!

I too look forward to your thread about the sighting - it sound s like you genuinely want some answers.. and we all like to try to find them!

As for posting ladies to your welcome thread (and of course this is just my heavily biased opinion :D..), the true test is whether you can get a voluminous thread *without* posting ladies... I'll leave it to the audience to decide who has best done that.. :P
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby nablator » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:47 am

Welcome Martin!
ch1n1t0 wrote:So the thread will be coming shortly :)

Looking forward to it.
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Great intro Martin, welcome to RU! :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby the|exx » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Hey Martin, welcome to RU my good man!

|exx
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi martin.

welcome to RU.

and if our good friend why not? recommended you then i think you will fit in extremely well.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ch1n1t0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Appreciated!

The thread I mentioned has kicked off with the first piece of information I've presented. I will update with the second piece a bit later and hope it's worth the read and watch for you guys.

And of course, as I'm willing to continue digging into this and go actually investigate a bit in person, I will have more things to update that thread with! Hopefully.

Thanks again all, see you a bit later

Regards,

Martin
ch1n1t0

Postby FulgurTempest » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:58 pm

I am an ATS refugee as well. welcome. I just found RU too. :D
~The artist formerly known as Nephratari~
FulgurTempest

Postby ryguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:22 pm

ch1n1t0 wrote:So the thread will be coming shortly :)

But first, I'll go make some tea :)

Welcome to RU! I'm looking forward to the thread, and I like your laid-back approach. :-)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ch1n1t0 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks Ry and FT,

It's a pleasure for me to be in the company of reasonable people! And I've only had a few hours to read through a few topics you guys have covered here.. I think I'll need another life to cover everything lol! Thanks about that, and I think you're all doing a great job!

Regards,

Martin
ch1n1t0

Postby Access Denied » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Catching up…

ch1n1t0 wrote:...I guess I'd say that cinematic music is my kink. You know, the David Lynch-Barry Adamson-Angelo Badalamenti type of vibe... I'm interested, so same questions goes back to you, AD - what music do you enjoy listening to/creating most? :)

I can relate to that. I enjoy creating cinematic/thematic/atmospheric instrumental type music in the progressive rock genre if I had to label it. As far as which music I enjoy playing (on guitar) or listening to the most, it’s heavy metal…

:rockerdude:

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to New Members