Yet another new member, Hi from me

Tell a little about yourself here

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Yet another new member, Hi from me

Postby Illudium Q-36 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:30 am

Hello all,

I managed to stumble across this site a little while back and have randomly lurked since then. I like the approach and style that this site has it seems refreshing, especially since being a member of another forum that you guys seem all to familiar with has pretty much sucked the soul out of me. I actually recognise many posters from ATS here so it's good to see some familiar faces and of course it is always great to meet some new ones, hopefully I will see everybody around eventually.

To be totally honest I am not entirely sure what, if anything I can bring to the great minds that are here already. I guess I'm looking to re-boot a little and lose the cynic that has built up in me over time, maybe rekindle a lost light or even learn something new. Surprisingly I am actually open to more than the impression I have probably given off in the past, but yeah a good soul sucking website and will do that to you. Don't worry I am nobody important from there, I'll own up if you figure it out :P

Not sure what else to add, I'm a backyard astronomer(very beginner), I'm not entirely certain I have ever experienced anything too out of the ordinary and I generally like to keep things in the realm of reality. Just how far reality goes, well that's anybody's guess but I expect it isn't as far fetched as some will tell you it is.

Anything else I should add?
Any questions?

Cheers

Me
It obstructs my view of Venus
Illudium Q-36

Re: Yet another new member, Hi from me

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:07 am

Hi there.

welcome to RU. im sure you will be able to contribute something, even i can manage it now and then amongst a lot of far more knowledgeable people! lol

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby chrLz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:46 am

Anything else I should add?
Any questions?
Cheers
Me

A hearty welcome from one of the down under crew... and nope, I think you covered it very well! It's a lot quieter over here, but there's much to read! Anything that is worth looking at seems to make its way here, which means you will only see the 'odd' incident, video, image, whatever and it will get quite rigorous appraisal. As you would know from spending time 'elsewhere', 95% of the stuff that goes mainstream is garbage, and I'm being generous and polite..

Don't be shy - jump in, and if there's anything that you think is worth a look, do post it..
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby Illudium Q-36 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks guys for the welcome.

I can probably make some use of myself I guess :P
Also I'm another one from down under too only I'm not there at the moment.
Illudium Q-36

Postby jbondo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Welcome to RU.

I've been away for awhile but I'm glad to see the place growing. It's kind of like an hourglass here, as ATS empties out RU fills up. The sands of time will tell the future.
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Welcome to RU Illudium Q-36, make yourself right at home :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Illudium Q-36 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks everybody for the welcome:D
Illudium Q-36

Postby Why Not? » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Illudium Q-36.....

I seem to have misplaced the Blossie Goodchild section around here.

Have you seen it?

Cheers
Why Not?
Must focus.....
Ignore the junk.....
Ignore the lunatics.....
Why Not?
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Hello Illudium Q-36,

Welcome to RU. I'm sure you've already figured out this site is light years removed from the other place.

I've just been over there and after seeing Youtube videos of a 'UFO' as the tsunami hit which was obviously a helicopter, a 'UFO' making incredible 90 degree turns which was obviously a bird, again as the tsunami hit, a 'UFO' which stopped the Fukushima reactor #1 from melting down which was obviously a peice of debris coming back down to earth... I feel like I need a shower.

Enjoy RU. There are some very intelligent people here (unfortunately not me) who can cut through b.s. like laser beams.

Danny.
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 pm

I missed this new member post in February! Welcome to RU Illudium Q-36...your insight will be welcome and highly valued here.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to New Members