Serpo Scammers Keep Trying

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Serpo Scammers Keep Trying

Postby oboe » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:16 am

That should be an interesting expose`, I'm looking forward to it.
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby philliman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:02 pm

I've got some questions.

Evidence proves that the MJ12 and Serpo releases were distributed, at least in large part, by scammer Rick Doty. Some folks attempt to defend Rick Doty's actions by claiming that he is "protected" from repercussions by members of the intelligence community.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1404

Maybe this question has already been answered somewhere else before. If so then I would be glad if someone could give me a link to that post please. Anyway Chris "Ivo" Iversen recently appeared on the Ufonaut radio show where he was blabbing about Serpo again. As he has been asked if Doty was the perpetrator of this story he claimed that he was not and that it would be easy to mask your IP so that it would look like as if it's the IP of someone else. Suggesting that someone else was the perpetrator of the Serpo-posts. He also claimed that he once did the same thing while travelling so that people thought that he was still at home. Now some of you may know that I use to surf via proxies. Throughout the years I've used several different programs and countless proxies ( :P ) but I am unaware of any program which enables you to mask your own IP like that.

So how were you able to identify Doty`s IPs? I could imagine that you just had to compare the IPs in the email-header, right? Does anybody know about such a program or a way to mask your IP like that? Thanks.

My opinion is that Ivo is just talking bs again but I don't mind if I'm proven wrong.
philliman
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi philliman, good questions :)

You're right, this has been asked and answered several times already but it's probably easier to simply restate the answer.

You can mask your own IP address, as you rightly state you simply use an anonymous proxy and your own IP address will be masked - the IP that shows up on email headers, server logs etc. will be the IP address of the proxy server.

What Ivo is doing, and he knows he is doing this because no one can be that stupid so many years after the fact, is using the "easy" definition of IP masking (above) and applying that to something else entirely, namely changing your IP address to match that of someone else - a completely different thing altogether!

Mask your IP address? easy.
Change your IP address to match an existing IP already on the network? are you kidding me?

Incidentally, this was exactly the excuse used by Kit Green when we exposed Doty in the first place. "It's easy to change your IP address, it's easy to pretend to be someone else".

I repeatedly told them to prove it, right there and then. If it was so easy, how come they couldn't reproduce the effect when asked? "It's easy!" "Do it then!" "But it's easy!" "THEN SHOW ME!"
In the end, Green conceded the point (months later) and admitted he had been "misled". Yeah, right. And now Iversen is parroting the cat...

There are methods you can use to try and fool people though, but these will always end up being apparent with the minimum of effort. I once, by way of example of what was easy and what wasn't, sent out a number of emails that appeared to come direct from DIA servers. It was enough to fool the usual suspects, with a complicated route through various military email servers, but I added all of that information myself, at the server end. I changed the server name to match a particular DIA mail server but of course the IP address didn't match. All of the (added) headers after that did match, but the original, originating IP address? That was the public IP address of my network.

What Iversen is suggesting is absolute poppycock. There are so many things wrong with his statement I don't really know where to begin. A trawl through the various threads will probably help me there :)

The main area where Iversen's explanation falls down, aside from the obvious technological reasons (more on that below), is that Bill Ryan had already admitted he was getting his information from Rick Doty!

I really should finish the Serpo Uncovered (http://www.realityuncovered.net/ufology/articles/serpo/) section, answering questions like this would be so much easier.

The link above explains some of it, but also these pages at the old .com site will help, which once rewritten will form much of the Serpo Uncovered content mentioned above:
http://www.realityuncovered.com/expose.shtml

Follow the links at the bottom of each page and it all should become clearer. Essentially, Doty screwed up and thought he was using a webmail provider (Lycos) that masked your IP address. It didn't.

Now, why would Iversen continue to ignore the facts and the evidence wrt Serpo?
S'ok, I already know the answer.

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:27 am

It didn't take long to receive an email from Gary Bekkum, which was an email with the following subject:
You don't mask an IP, you hijack the computer you want it sent from

Unsurprisingly, Gary apparently forgot a lot of what went on at the time, otherwise he would have known what an absurd statement that is in this particular case.

My reply:

"I wondered when that nugget would surface...

It would be an interesting possibility to entertain if Doty had absolutely nothing to do with the Serpo story, but as we all know, the very idea of that is preposterous.

He was involved from the very start via his discussions with Victor Martinez -even prior to the Serpo material being released - he was involved with the so-called Team of Five, he was involved with media interviews relating to Serpo, he was involved in trying to track down Tacitus Monroe, he was involved in "vetting" his own personality creations (McGovern, etc.), he was involved at Laughlin, he was involved with Bill Ryan, he was involved in trying to discredit RU researchers (remember Shawnna and the internal investigation? Remember his blind panic at the information Tacitus was releasing and his poor attempts at sabotaging the website?) etc. etc. etc.

The above is literally only the tip of the iceberg. I have so much information about the people involved in this scam, it will make your eyes bleed and grown men cry ;)

To suggest anyone would need to "hijack" Doty's computer when his own actions prove beyond any doubt his involvement in the scam, is, quite frankly, outrageous!

But you know that already."

All of that information (and more) in the email is available here in the Serpo forum, on the blog and at the .com website. I have collated some of it, but the information I have archived is enough to make MY eyes bleed.

Look at that, 2.21am. That's another day with only four hours sleep. Joy!
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:Look at that, 2.21am. That's another day with only four hours sleep. Joy!

That's the symptom of the Serpo/Ufology disease. You need to take your daily anti-dote pill and go to bed. No one is listening to Ivo anyway, except the other morons that can't see reality even when it's pasted to their forehead so it hangs in front of their eyes.

That old scam is just that - an old scam. The real story now is exactly what Steve mentioned - the team of people behind the creation of it. We've already exposed the central ones, the next - much more involved - step is dissecting the decades-long effort that led up to it.

John Alexander saw this coming after it all fell apart and several team members were publicly exposed (by us), and so he released his book offering his version of the story. I'm still personally analyzing *his* version - but am glad to see he outed a majority of the group in the first pages of the book.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby philliman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks alot, Stephen! Am of the opinion that you guys should do the same as these guys do and go on radio shows and talk about all that. This hoax and their perpetrators should be exposed on a larger scale. There are still a lot who are new to this field and who have no clue about how many hoaxes there are around and how you can recognize them. And some of them haven't developed an adequate bs-filter yet.

So Doty already discussed all this with Martinez before he received all these anonymous postings? And he didn't got suspicious at all??

Edit to add:
Hijacking a computer? Good luck with that. And don't get caught. ;)
philliman
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Most of the Ufology radio talk show hosts are biased believers and would never have anyone even remotely skeptic on their show. With that said, a few of us have been on a couple of the rare radio shows that are unbiased to talk, such as Paracast (Steve) and Dark Matters (Andy and I).

We're more than happy to talk to anyone about the real story - however, few want to hear it. :-)

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to Project Serpo