Behind Serpo

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Behind Serpo

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Chorlton wrote:The problem with Debunking anything is, you are preaching to the converted.
Most people believe something because they actually WANT to believe it, so any debunking isnt going to shake their beliefs because that would show them to be failures, so they ignore the truth that's staring them in the eyes and continue the fallacy.

Great post Chorlton. However, I believe if one is presented with enough evidence to show why something is false or a hoax, *some* people will see the light. Granted, other people will ignore anything and everything and simply believe the people presenting the evidence must be working for the government. Believe me, we've had enough of those. My reason for saying some people will see the light, is because I too used to be a "believer".

The day I met Eduarde (Billy) Meier in 1976 was like a day when the curtain rose before my eyes. Before that I was actually a Semi-believer. Then I was introduced to the man (We did a gig at some fundraising thing for his organisation). He spoke to me as he was told I had met Von Daniken who he had an interest in. Just talking to him was spooky, seeing some of his photos was spookier as they were just so bad. He babbled on about them like a demented child but it was pretty obvious to me they were fakes, and bad fakes as well. There was also the question in my mind as to how a one armed man could have taken the photos. I am convinced his wife was a big part in pushing him to do what he did, but I think he had photographed something somewhere, sometime and that had convinced him there was something there and he had created his fakes in an attempt to prove to others that what he had seen was real. He was totally convinced that what he had created in his mind was real, and no amount of common sense was going to change his ideas.
I left that gig and meeting very upset, as it had totally changed my mind on things I had previously seen and heard, and things Meier had said were so similar to the things I had heard previously I realised then and there that they were all lies.

In the days before RU, I used to love reading all of the UFO/Weird Science type stories. I tended to believe them just because I wanted them to be true, and for the most part they sounded so plausible. The first time I ever investigated anything in depth though, I realised how stupid I'd been putting my trust in a bunch of anonymous storytellers and duped "researchers". I have anomalies.net and the John Titor story to thank for waking me up out of my gullibility coma.

As soon as one starts properly digging into these stories, they start to collapse in on themselves like a poorly constructed escape tunnel. That alone should be enough to convince most people that something isn't quite right with the story in the first place. It's convincing the rest that is the challenge.

Thats my point about Debunkery, in actuality all you are doing is telling those who dont believe and those on the edges of belief that what they have heard is fakery. You arent doing anything to the REAL believers. They will believe come hell or high water, as to destroy that belief is, effectively to destroy them.

Well, can you believe I used to believe there were constructed structures on Mars? I know, I find it hard to believe myself. Some people can be saved. I'm living proof of that ;)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Crackajack » Sat May 01, 2010 2:03 am

From one anomalies.net remnant to another, well said Steve.
Crackajack
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Rintendo » Sat May 01, 2010 4:36 am

What stories DO people believe are "true"? I always thought Serpo and the MJ12 were BS. Never ever bought those. It's more the non-gov people that I tend to believe.
Rintendo

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun May 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Crackajack wrote:From one anomalies.net remnant to another, well said Steve.

Thanks CJ, I loved that site :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu May 06, 2010 9:33 pm

It looks like they aren't done just yet with the Serpo hoax.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/153063/

According to accounts released Saturday, April 24, 2010, by the coordinator of an e-mail news and information service, officials of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) and other U.S. government agencies have been involved in security activities involving human-appearing extraterrestrial beings in the U.S.

Try not to laugh when you read the rest of it.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Thu May 06, 2010 9:56 pm

longhaircowboy wrote:It looks like they aren't done just yet with the Serpo hoax.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/153063/

According to accounts released Saturday, April 24, 2010, by the coordinator of an e-mail news and information service, officials of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) and other U.S. government agencies have been involved in security activities involving human-appearing extraterrestrial beings in the U.S.

Try not to laugh when you read the rest of it.

From what I read above, there really is no need to read anything further :lol:
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Project Serpo