Hit Piece on Gus Russo

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Hit Piece on Gus Russo

Postby ryguy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 am

Hi Everyone,

Been a bit busy lately, but was contacted by a writer and I believe an RU reader (although he may have posted in here a few times not sure?), about Gus Russo. We exchanged a few emails but haven't heard much in a little while. Well, he has published a pretty serious and hard-hitting hit-piece on Gus Russo...

It connects the two worlds of Ufology and the Kennedy conspiracy theories in a way that I don't think has been done before, and he focuses on Russo's roles within those two worlds. Has a few good things to say about RU as well, which was cool to see.

Enjoy:

http://www.ctka.net/2011/MJ-12-pt6.html

It's only part 6 of a huge series, but you can click the table of contents on that page to look through his past updates. Interesting reading.

Enjoy,
-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: Hit Piece on Gus Russo

Postby SM Coogan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Dear Ryan, Steve and Reality Uncovered.

It's an honour and a privellege being here finally. I admired this forum from afar for months before finally joining yesterday. Furthermore, thank your for your correspondance recently and I really look forward to a long and fruitful partnership with you when things eventually get re-organised over at Top Secret Writers.

I don't expect you too all agree with me on JFK. Sadly for those of you that don't on the 'Lone Nut' side of the equation, the people involved there have stifled anybody genuinely thinking Oswald did it. There's so much disinfo. The guy who runs the big long nut website was caught advertising for the CIA lol. So be very careful of the sources and the stuff you use. But also be careful of the stuff on the conspiracy side. There's some real total and utter crud. These guys are just as bad as the LNer's and they are our biggest enemy on the JFK front. Jim Fetzer is a case in point. No conspiracy is to big or bad for this guy. He is quite simply the biggest joke we have.

I'm hardly a ufologist. I am currently a student studying for my Masters in the sociolgy field. I have been researching JFK and branching out into other fields that touch it for almost half my life. I started out at 16 in 1991-92 (no it wasn't JFK but The Men Who Killed Kennedy-and no that doco is really out of date). I have been more or less involved in political assassinations, writing about and observing contemporary trends and figures in conspiracy circles. I am fascinated in conspiracy subcultures. But I am also really critical of them. They have caused a lot of damage to serious researchers. I am a real stickler like you guys are for real research. No BS. Clean and ruthless.

I pride myself not being an 'expert' but in finding the best sources and researchers in a particular field. Hence I landed here. I am also here as much to give advice if asked but to learn from others as well on the 'rational' Ufology topic. I think you guys are correct. There is a very real conspiracy by US intelligence services to play both sides of the Alien equation. Thus the key to it all is that the truth (as you all know at RU) is far stranger than the fiction. I hope you enjoy my piece, which as Ryan says hasn't really been done before. Thus of course there will be mistakes. Bryce Zabel has turned out to be a really decent if misguided guy. At least he had the balls to contact me and correct some of what had been written about him. This will be re-edited.

As for UFO's I was in a quandry over what to do in an area I had not paid much attention (can you blame me after seeing posers like Bill Ryan and Richard Dolan running around?). Yet the expose's you guys did on the crazy Angleton stuff with Cooper Doty and Collins was just brilliant flat out research. Sadly, the speel I wrote about the article didn't survive the editing process. But I found your articles all very helpful in particularly your forums. It really got me up to date with what was happening in ufology at the present.

I may rub some people up here a little. I quite like Bob Hastings and I thought his early work on the Aviary was pretty good. It's in my piece. I've also seen some people get titchey about Malmstrom. I really have no opinion either way. I just think as far as the ufologists who believe in the 'Alien life' scenario go. He's definitely one of the more sane ones out there and doesnt push this JFK-MJ/12 BS view of the world. I anticipate this will be my first lesson here lol. But I find myself in a world sitting comfortably between his version of reality, RU's and Bishop/Pilkingtons.

Here's some more of my articles exploring some myths and some a--holes in and around the Kennedy case.

James Bamford and the Operation Northwoods Myth:
http://www.ctka.net/2010/OpNorthwoods.html

Alex Jones on the Kennedy Murder: A Painful Case. Alex Jones has only had critiques written by bitter rivals and radio talk show cranks whose careers he destroyed. There's nothing really much out there on Jones. It needs to be updated now as Bermas has left him. The review we believe stopped Jones dead in his tracks from continuing on with a JFK movie. We even got an email from his old boss saying we were spot on!!!!
http://www.ctka.net/2010/coogan_ajones_pt1.html

I deal to crack pot UFO magnet publisher David Hatcher Childress and his fave protege Joseph Farrell here
in his pathetic Johnson and MJ-12 'did Kennedy' tome. http://www.ctka.net/2011/failings_farrell.html

My first JFK piece took apart John Hankeys awful viral video 'JFK II/Dark Legacy' Hankey's subsequent reactions have been captured here by my buddy Frank Cassano and I. http://www.ctka.net/2011/Coogan_Cassano_Hankey3.html

Here's my review on Jesse Venturas show. It was a near run thing. The amount of crap researchers he has
on the show is astounding. That he got the show over the line at all with such chumps is amazing. This like Jones and Bamford is the only in depth critical piece on Ventura anywhere.
http://www.ctka.net/reviews/coogan_ventura_review.html

So that's a few little things I hope you can have a look at. Figures like Jim Marrs crop up from time to time. Feel free to ask me anything.

Yours Seamus (shaymiss)
Last edited by SM Coogan on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM Coogan

Hardly a hit piece.

Postby SM Coogan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:07 am

Gus asked for this and he got what he asked for. Its hardly a 'hit' on him.
SM Coogan

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:03 am

this documentary pretty much put an end to any jfk conspiracy myths as far as im concerned..
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5238761777

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

If you wanna discuss JFK and other matters PM me.

Postby SM Coogan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:58 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:this documentary pretty much put an end to any jfk conspiracy myths as far as im concerned..

thanks

rich

I would really prefer to have a private discussion with you (or anyone) concerning JFK related stuff. I want to respect the fact that this place is not Above Top Secret (something I am wholly grateful for). It's somewhat more conservative, I'm cool with that. I am here primarily to learn, observe and hopefully give any advice in the conspiracy field. Why? Because I've been at the game for awhile. There's bad conspiracy 'crap' out there and then there's some truth's. Indeed, it's important to realise most of, if not all of us think there are conspiracies afoot. It's a case of what holds our interest or what comes across as legitimate.

What you guys have seen is conspirahypocrites and conspiravangelista nut jobs like Alex Jones and what we've seen is nut cases from your side coming at us like Joe Farrell, Hoagland and Richard Dolan. What's really invaluable to any study of disinfo (and it's something the very first ufologists like Leon Davidson did) is what you have seen here at RU with Serpo, and the Majestic Papers. US intelligence operatives were involved in some very dodgey things, playing all angles of the UFO mystery.

And it's in this field that I have seen the best examples of rather overt government disinformation. Please have a read of my Majestic Hoax essay. I don't think that the study, In particularly Preambles I and II have much baring on a conspiracy as far as JFK goes. In fact it's fairly assassination neutral.

But I will say this. What's totally ironic in the link is that Gus Russo for his part worked with Peter Jennings on ABC's version of this in 2004. The BBC production appear's to have come out a year earlier and was co-opted largely by ABC. Now if you have read the link Ryan kindly put up you can see what a fink Russo is and the contacts he has. Now whether you are a lone gunman or conspiracy person. Would you want him hanging around anything?

Much of this special Rich is discussed over at CTKA. http://www.ctka.net/abclies.html

It's not honest people like yourself that disagree whom are the issue. There is some truly bad JFK stuff out there. In fact I have no problem running that stuff down. Join me! Hence I don't blame anybody from taking solace in what you have just linked me. Hell, check out John Hankey, and then the space cadets who claim Greer shot Kennedy. There's another moron called Andersen whose gone off the deep end. Get this, he says Jackie killed JFK with an exploding hand puppet and the shooters were in the trunk of the limo? You wouldn't believe it.
SM Coogan

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:50 pm

hi SM

im up for discussing anything but to be honest, i would rather discuss it in the open forum rather than private discussion so that everyone can have their say and so that anything that is said can be analised by others and also so others can learn from what is said.

and as to the jfk vid,. i judged it on the science and content and not who is linked with it, i was actually taught the jfk conspiracies at school by a teacher when i was about 9 years old lol, strange stuff, im not sure schools would allow such things now.

but anyway, im not an all out expert on anything so may not be the best person to discuss things with, i usually find a case of interest, read up on both sides, draw my conclusion then pretty much forget it, its been quite some time since i really read up on jfk and cant remember many facts but again that video killed the conspiracy dead for me as far as it not being oswald, now wether oswald was part of a conspiracy is a different matter but im definitely of the opinion that it was him and him alone that fired the fateful shots.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby SM Coogan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:57 am

Cool. If you read the CTKA stuff we have you may just change your mind. Im reluctant to go into the Kennedy debate publically here because I don't want to turn this excellent forum into a pseudo above top secret. What I am fascinated about is the role US govt has had in manipulating the public about UFO's.
SM Coogan

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:22 pm

SM Coogan wrote:Cool. If you read the CTKA stuff we have you may just change your mind. Im reluctant to go into the Kennedy debate publically here because I don't want to turn this excellent forum into a pseudo above top secret. What I am fascinated about is the role US govt has had in manipulating the public about UFO's.

hi SM. serious question, does the CTKA stuff dispute the science in that documentary or is it hearsay along the lines of "ive got a friend that used to be CIA that makes X claim"?.

if it disputes the science then i will read, if not then no offence but i dont want to waste my time.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:27 pm

SM Coogan wrote:Dear Ryan, Steve and Reality Uncovered.

It's an honour and a privellege being here finally. I admired this forum from afar for months before finally joining yesterday.

Hi Seamus,
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the lateness of this reply. Suffice to say it's the same old reasons keeping me from spending as much time here as I would like, namely work and family.

Thank you very much for your kind words, they are much appreciated - and welcome to Reality Uncovered!

Where JFK is concerned, I have to say I am not that well versed in the (conspiracy) subject. I have looked at the peripheral issues, mainly because some of the people we have been investigating have had some involvement in the JFK story. I haven't really delved too deeply into it however, because I simply don't have the time.

I see some names in your post that just make me cringe, Alex Jones for one. I can't stomach the guy. Ugh. As for Robert Hastings, I've seen him play too many games here and elsewhere and as such any respect I may have had for some of his other work has evaporated into the ether.

We have a lot of information relating to the Ufology subject that hasn't been made public and that is something I intend to put right. Once we get it all out there, a lot of things should become much clearer ;)

I wish someone would invent the 48 hour day :)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby SM Coogan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:35 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:
SM Coogan wrote:Cool. If you read the CTKA stuff we have you may just change your mind. Im reluctant to go into the Kennedy debate publically here because I don't want to turn this excellent forum into a pseudo above top secret. What I am fascinated about is the role US govt has had in manipulating the public about UFO's.

hi SM. serious question, does the CTKA stuff dispute the science in that documentary or is it hearsay along the lines of "ive got a friend that used to be CIA that makes X claim"?.

if it disputes the science then i will read, if not then no offence but i dont want to waste my time.

thanks rich

Rich, CTKA and JFK related researchers in general (bar jokes like Jim Fetzer) very rarely expound the views of CIA contacts that have said 'such and such'. The reason being is that in JFK circles unlike the UFO one, it's actually a kiss of death to the say your 'agency' or were apart of one. A lot of lessons were learned in the Garrison trial, were time and time again JG got snookered by some ex-intelligence plant. As a result in most cases, it takes a very long time for people to gain trust if that is their background. If they do gain quick acceptance they need to have presented verifiable evidence, authentic documentation, FOIA records and of course the theme and thrust of their research to get a look in.

In the UFO circles, I've noted there is a tendency to leap all over the next intelligence whistleblower. Or try and dig the gold dust out of that very large turd they left behind. In 'JFKville' unless your a Fetzerian (and believe practically any bit of bunk evidence you come across) that kind of stop is actually pretty rare.

Thus as for the science. All CTKA stuff combines practical and scientific aspects. If by science you are discussing Dale Myers car animation. Well, I'm pretty sure in those links I gave you there's a lengthy article about how Myers changed the position of the official wounds to achieve the shot's performance. He also manipulated the seating and body positions of Connally and Kennedy to achieve this feat. So please do check out those links when you get time.

CTKA and the JFK research community have found over the years (like you guys) that CIA affiliates usually talk a nice story but it's a whole heap of smack.
SM Coogan

Lol Steve I dislike Jones as well.

Postby SM Coogan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:56 am

Zep Tepi wrote:
SM Coogan wrote:Dear Ryan, Steve and Reality Uncovered.

It's an honour and a privellege being here finally. I admired this forum from afar for months before finally joining yesterday.

Hi Seamus,
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the lateness of this reply. Suffice to say it's the same old reasons keeping me from spending as much time here as I would like, namely work and family.

Thank you very much for your kind words, they are much appreciated - and welcome to Reality Uncovered!

Where JFK is concerned, I have to say I am not that well versed in the (conspiracy) subject. I have looked at the peripheral issues, mainly because some of the people we have been investigating have had some involvement in the JFK story. I haven't really delved too deeply into it however, because I simply don't have the time.

I see some names in your post that just make me cringe, Alex Jones for one. I can't stomach the guy. Ugh. As for Robert Hastings, I've seen him play too many games here and elsewhere and as such any respect I may have had for some of his other work has evaporated into the ether.

We have a lot of information relating to the Ufology subject that hasn't been made public and that is something I intend to put right. Once we get it all out there, a lot of things should become much clearer ;)

I wish someone would invent the 48 hour day :)

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks mate. I hope you read my MJ-12 jFK piece. I can't wait to see what else you lads will get cooking on here. I am currently doing a big piece for Ryan on that fool David Icke. I also line up Jones for a few pot shots. When I get up to speed I have a whole heap of questions for you guys. Very excited.
SM Coogan

Postby James Carlson » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:37 pm

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:this documentary pretty much put an end to any jfk conspiracy myths as far as im concerned..

thanks

rich

That's a brilliant bit of video there, absolutely on target. The whole magic bullet tale has led to a great deal of over-thinking that's taken flight in the world, it seems to me. I saw a documentary about 3-4 weeks ago regarding a nothing but the bullet's flight and its "pristine" condition. They fired that same type of round through a tree trunk and it still looked brand-new. They also reconstructed the shooting using a couple gel and bone bodies built by a company in Australia that does nothing but forensic structuring, and they matched the flight proposed by the Warren Investigation almost exactly -- there was nothing "magic" about it at all -- just good science. It was brilliant and very eye-opening to watch. 90 minutes destroyed entirely 90% of the case Oliver Stone tried to make in JFK. It was just astounding.

On a related side note, Vincent Bugliosi's take on the story seems to me very easy to support, and he insists that there's plenty more evidence that he just didn't have room to discuss. While that may be just posturing, I admire the man and the detail that he always relies upon -- they've served him well as a D.A., and as an author. His "common sense" seems to me very refreshing in light of all the garbage I've read elsewhere.

Anyway, that's my 2-cents; thanks very much for the video link -- I've been looking for this one for awhile!

James
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: Lol Steve I dislike Jones as well.

Postby James Carlson » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:52 pm

SM Coogan wrote:Thanks mate. I hope you read my MJ-12 jFK piece. I can't wait to see what else you lads will get cooking on here. I am currently doing a big piece for Ryan on that fool David Icke. I also line up Jones for a few pot shots. When I get up to speed I have a whole heap of questions for you guys. Very excited.

I'd really like to read your take on Icke -- I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with him, and paranoia alone just doesn't fit. He's either the most forward thinking con-man in history -- a guy willing to exploit the entire world for a very limited return -- or the most bat-shit crazy individual I've ever encountered or heard of. He's like a cross between Jules Verne and H. G. Wells who runs a pawn shop and works as a bail bondsman. You can't respect what he does, but you can't help but admire the range and extent of it! If he's a loon, he's really way out there ...
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: Lol Steve I dislike Jones as well.

Postby SM Coogan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:25 am

James Carlson wrote:
SM Coogan wrote:Thanks mate. I hope you read my MJ-12 jFK piece. I can't wait to see what else you lads will get cooking on here. I am currently doing a big piece for Ryan on that fool David Icke. I also line up Jones for a few pot shots. When I get up to speed I have a whole heap of questions for you guys. Very excited.

I'd really like to read your take on Icke -- I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with him, and paranoia alone just doesn't fit. He's either the most forward thinking con-man in history -- a guy willing to exploit the entire world for a very limited return -- or the most bat-shit crazy individual I've ever encountered or heard of. He's like a cross between Jules Verne and H. G. Wells who runs a pawn shop and works as a bail bondsman. You can't respect what he does, but you can't help but admire the range and extent of it! If he's a loon, he's really way out there ...

Hello James. Before you make up your mind on it all, Go and check out CTKA. Vince Bugliosi's tome is destroyed and really ripped to shreds by Jim DiEugenio. I'm sorry 'owned' is another word for it. Bugliosi couldn't even debate a light weight like Jessie Ventura. Now, trust me if you get owned by Ventura's lame ass TV show somethings very, very wrong lol. Buglisoi has also refused any and all debates with Jim DiEugenio (they know of each other and like each other-it's not a case of ignorance or mutual dislike).

Not to mention the the fact that there are numerous articles at CTKA that critique the very documentary. There's also a link in one of my other posts. As for Icke sheeeeesh. The guys an a mooch. What else can I say. I can't think of anyone bar Alex Jones whom has made more of a mockery of genuine research and debate than those two guys. I'm going to do a piece for Ryan very soon on another guy called Jim Fetzer. Now if you want to look out for a guy whom Buglisoi would totally cream Jim Fetzer's your first port of call.
SM Coogan

Postby James Carlson » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:14 am

I'll certainly check out CTKA as you recommend, and I'll get back to you on it (eventually -- it may take a little time to digest properly!). I spent the weekend going back to look at Jones, because I wasn't familiar with the name; I wish I hadn't wasted my time. Icke just stuns me! Very... verbose.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to Project Serpo