Burisch Forum: Bill Ryan Q & A on Project Camelot

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Burisch Forum: Bill Ryan Q & A on Project Camelot

Postby billryan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:54 am

Hello, All:

I’ve simultaneously registered on five forums: Reality Uncovered, Open Minds, Godlike Productions, Eagles Disobey (.org), and Eagles Disobey (.net). My purpose is to answer questions about Project Camelot, in any detail that anyone wants.

I have a lot on at the moment, and I don’t want to get drawn into long battles (or even pleasant conversations) that last forever to no end. I want to straighten out all misconceptions and then I’ll withdraw after 48 hours.

During the 48 hours, I’ll give it my best shot and will be as clear and helpful as I can. So dive in and make the most of it, those of you who would like accurate information.

The reason for my posting this is that Camelot is worth it. What it stands for is bigger than all of us. The reason we launched it is because it didn’t exist, and it needs to. It’s not a platform for any camp, celebrity or individual story – the whole point of it is that it should unite and align differing factions, not divide.

We’ve not yet got on to Free Energy, Alternative Medicine, or CIA drug trafficking. This is not a trivial game... people get killed for doing what we’re doing. Read our tributes page and see.

If anyone’s upset because we’re presenting information, then they have a problem that’s not mine. We live in the information age. We need more information, not less. After the information, comes the debate.

That’s not Camelot’s job to judge or preside over, any more than it is that of Rense, Pippin, Noory or any other information platform. And besides, Camelot is about a lot more than the interviews.

In the meantime, we’re doing something. Remember, no-one ever erected a statue to a critic. It’s easy to knock, criticise and scoff... rather harder to build relationships, earn trust, align purposes, and have the guts to speak out openly under one’s own name.

Starting now, I’m happy to take all and any questions. I’ll give it my best shot till midnight on Wednesday, Pacific time. And then I’ll go to bed. Kerry (snowleopard) doesn’t visit forums (except once, recently, where she was angered by a thoughtless comment which I showed her; she has not visited since). She knows I’m doing this, has warned me to be careful, and I’ll speak on her behalf.

Best to everyone, Bill
--
http://projectcamelot.org
billryan

Postby serponaut » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:11 am

Hello Bill. Thanks for posting and welcome. I wish you well with your project and appreciate you making yourself available.

Some questions if I may

1/ Does Project Camelot have a business plan?
2/ What is the stated purpose and specific objectives of Project Camelot? (never mind this one, I have read it at your website)
3/ Do you plan to profit out of your project? (as opposed o cost recovery)
4/ Are you measuring your costs and revenues from this project?
5/ Have you set up a shelf company for your venture?
6/ Other than yourself and Kerry, how many staff do you have and can you name them?
7/ What standards of provenance do/will you apply to the accounts of "whistleblowers"?
8/ Do you background check your present and future interviewees for past or present credibility issues?
9/ How will you differentiate Project Camelot from any other set of claims posted individually on a website or forum?
10/ What set of criteria do you use in the decision making of whether or not to interview someone?
11/ If no or minimal standards of provenance apply to the "whistleblowers", how will you protect Project Camelot from becoming yet another laughing stock of ufology due to presentation of merely "claims"? (Project Claim-a-Lot might kick in lol )
12/ Are you planning on a forum for Project Camelot?
13/ Will you be applying the psychology of any particular religion or belief paradigm to your own commentary or communications regarding Project Camelot?
14/ What timeframe have you set for your objectives to be met?
15/ Is there a measure of success for you for this project, outside of any stated objectives?
16/ What role does Bill Hamilton play in Project Camelot or any side projects you are working on?
17/ Will you be accountable for the claims and information you present via Project Camelot?
18/ If not, who will be, and do you accept any responsibility for the publishing of such information in the public domain?
19/ If the veracity of a particular claim or set of claims is proven without a doubt false, will you remove said data from Project Camelot?
20/ If so, who will decide whether a claim has been proven false?
21/ Do you plan on enlisting the assistance of anyone currently involved in the international ufology community?
22/ If so, whom?
22/ You state "The objective is to get the truth out" How will you know the truth when you see it?
23/ Other than a search for absolute truth, what else drives you to expend energy in this arena?
24/ Are you employed in a paying job outside of your ufology work? (I haveread this on your site also, so no need to answer)
25/ Do you plan to surmise "findings" from Project Camelot?
26/ If so, do you plan to present n any ufology conferences?
27/ Have you restricted your Q&A session to the sites mentioned for any particular reason?
28/ Would you consider offerring such a Q&A to the likes of http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/latest/ or ATS?
29/ If not, could you expand on why?

That'll do for starters
:D

Once again, thanks for making yourself available. I really believe t is an important step in setting the scene for how future dynamics may play out.
Last edited by serponaut on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serponaut

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:34 pm

Bill said:

I’ve simultaneously registered on five forums: Reality Uncovered, Open Minds, Godlike Productions, Eagles Disobey (.org), and Eagles Disobey (.net). My purpose is to answer questions about Project Camelot, in any detail that anyone wants.

I have a lot on at the moment, and I don’t want to get drawn into long battles (or even pleasant conversations) that last forever to no end. I want to straighten out all misconceptions and then I’ll withdraw after 48 hours.

During the 48 hours, I’ll give it my best shot and will be as clear and helpful as I can. So dive in and make the most of it, those of you who would like accurate information.

I find Bill’s decision to stand up and answer all questions to be both admirable and brave. I’ve always held the view that in spite of his being used and abused by less than ethical players in the Serpo schtick, he has attempted to be an honest broker through it all. I like the man and welcome him here wholeheartedly.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:45 pm

I too would like to thank Bill for availing himself to the forum public. I would ask a question, but it seems Serponaut has asked them all!

Great questions Serponaut :)

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:56 pm

My hope is that this Q and A session will not devolve into a pissing contest concerning the murky field of email forensics, a blossoming specialty here.

My first questions would be this:

Please expand on your meeting with Paul McGovern. Who is the guy? How did you know he really was THE Paul McGovern? What is his role in Serpo?
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:04 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:I too would like to thank Bill for availing himself to the forum public. I would ask a question, but it seems Serponaut has asked them all!

Cheers,
Zep

With all due respect for serp, I feel the only important question he posed is the one concerning Bill Hamilton.

Whether or not Bill derives an income from Project Camelot is irrelevant. We all need to eat, no?
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby serponaut » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:18 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:
Zep Tepi wrote:I too would like to thank Bill for availing himself to the forum public. I would ask a question, but it seems Serponaut has asked them all!

Cheers,
Zep

With all due respect for serp, I feel the only important question he posed is the one concerning Bill Hamilton.

Whether or not Bill derives an income from Project Camelot is irrelevant. We all need to eat, no?

Thanks for your opinion on importance Toon. I see there's only two things you really want to know. That's fine, as long as you don't wait three months to ask new questions :D

You miss my point re: income, and IMHO it is most relevant. If profit is a driver of this venture, obviously it will drive certain behaviours. Best to know that truthfully right up front huh? As I've stated before, I have no problem with people making money out of a venture IF that is their stated intent and they are honest about it. How it drives behaviours is another issue.
If you do not wish to know, simply scroll by and do not consider such impacts.
For the record, I don't agree with you pre-empting pissing contests and qualifying investigation standards. Such a negative start.... Your prerogative.

Come on Zep, surely there's a heap I missed!!
:lol:
serponaut

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:48 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:My hope is that this Q and A session will not devolve into a pissing contest concerning the murky field of email forensics, a blossoming specialty here.

Please expand on your meeting with Paul McGovern. Who is the guy? How did you know he really was THE Paul McGovern? What is his role in Serpo?

The Q and A session is to do with Project Camelot, not Serpo. It is stated clearly at the top of Bill's post.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:52 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:

Cheers,
Zep

Thanks for sharing your opinion Toon. Serponaut is also entitled to an opinion, and in my opinion, his questions are both important and relevant. They are also on-topic ;)

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:02 pm

Welcome Bill,

I also want to thank you for registering - although registering at 5 forums will provide you a LOT of work keeping up. lol I'm sure you'll be receiving a lot of questions everywhere.

But it's good to see you making yourself publicly available for the questions concerning Project Camelot. I have a few of my own however don't have the time to post them at the moment, I'll be posting them around lunchtime and I very much look forward to your answers. I'm sure Xena & Shawnna will also welcome the opportunity to ask you questions as well.

You can rest assured that while some questions might be pointed and direct, you will always be treated with respect here - we'll be making sure no abuse is allowed. Thanks again for joining us and I'm looking forward to some great discussion!

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:02 pm

serponaut wrote:
Come on Zep, surely there's a heap I missed!!
:lol:

Lol!

Ok then, here is another question for Bill:

On the Project Camelot website is stated the following:

Will offer protection in the forms of
a) a foundation
b) legal protection
c) personal and logistical support.

How do you intend to achieve those three aims?

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:12 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:
cartoonsyndicate wrote:My hope is that this Q and A session will not devolve into a pissing contest concerning the murky field of email forensics, a blossoming specialty here.

The Q and A session is to do with Project Camelot, not Serpo. It is stated clearly at the top of Bill's post.

Cheers,
Zep

true enough. i guess i have serpo stuff on my mind.
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:17 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:true enough. i guess i have serpo stuff on my mind.

I know how you feel!
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:42 pm

billryan wrote:The reason for my posting this is that Camelot is worth it. What it stands for is bigger than all of us. The reason we launched it is because it didn’t exist, and it needs to. It’s not a platform for any camp, celebrity or individual story – the whole point of it is that it should unite and align differing factions, not divide.

Question #1: As you know, with most of these "whistleblower" scenerios, there is controversy. If Camelot is not a platform - then one would assume that it doesn't take sides. In other words - that it presents the case for and against, not just for. (A platform presents just the "for" case). So, in this case (Burisch), preliminary to the interview - did you talk to individuals from both sides of the controversy - and if so, could you name them?

Question #2: Prior to interviewing Burisch, how much information did you have about the story itself - how much did you (and Kerry) already know about Burisch? And where did most of the information you already knew come from?

We’ve not yet got on to Free Energy, Alternative Medicine, or CIA drug trafficking. This is not a trivial game... people get killed for doing what we’re doing. Read our tributes page and see.

Question #3 Why have you chosen those particular topics? To be specific, I'm curious why you've chosen Free Energy? Just things that interest you - or are there particular driving factors (or influential people who have encouraged you to follow those paths)?

If anyone’s upset because we’re presenting information, then they have a problem that’s not mine. We live in the information age. We need more information, not less. After the information, comes the debate.

I believe the "upsetting" factor probably comes from the presentation of one side of the issue, and leaving out the other side (concerning Burisch). I'd refer you to Xena's many points in the other thread within this forum. This goes back to my quesiton above - did you talk to individuals from both sides of the controversy, or from just one side (the Burisch "camp")?

That’s not Camelot’s job to judge or preside over, any more than it is that of Rense, Pippin, Noory or any other information platform. And besides, Camelot is about a lot more than the interviews.

If Camelot's mission is truth - then it also can not judge in the "affirmative" or "negative" for any claim. The path to truth should be to start in the middle, and explore both sides in a journalistic, unbiased way. That includes talking to the individuals making the claims, as well as the individuals refuting the claims, and then presenting both sides. That would represent not presiding as a judge on any issue - for or against.

Presenting a story is actually promoting that story, if you haven't explored the other side of the story. I believe that is the issue Xena, Kiwi, and Shawnna have raised in the other thread.

In the meantime, we’re doing something. Remember, no-one ever erected a statue to a critic. It’s easy to knock, criticise and scoff... rather harder to build relationships, earn trust, align purposes, and have the guts to speak out openly under one’s own name.

I disagree strongly. There are quite a few statues that were erected to the revolutionaries who were quite critical in early America against the British empire. Criticism is what prevents corruption, lies, and evil from getting a foothold. Without criticism - dictators would remain in power. Without criticism, liars and hoaxters would flourish. And it certainly is not easy to be willing to explore both sides of any story. It requires you set your own personal beliefs and biases aside. For too many people, it's just too difficult.

I personally very much look forward to your answers Bill. Again, thanks for coming forward like this and offering to answer our questions.

All my best,
-Ryan
Last edited by ryguy on Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Hidden Hand » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:04 pm

I don't see how someone can claim to be dedicated to the truth but only offer 48 hours to respond to questions.

billryan wrote:Remember, no-one ever erected a statue to a critic.

Let's see -
Carl Sagan Monument
http://www.360geographics.com/East/NewY ... thaca.html
Carl Sagan Memorial Station
http://www.xs4all.nl/~carlkop/sagan.html

Whatayaknow - statues of Martin Luther:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther

Hey look - a monument for Solidarity (Poland): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity

statue of Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.indiapost.com/members/story. ... ry_id=1617

Martin Luther King statue
http://www.utexas.edu/tours/statues/mlk.html

Not to mention all the statues of the founding fathers of the US..

Should I go on?? Maybe criticism is more important than you give it credit??
Is this a private fight, or can anyone join in?
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to Project Serpo