ME BANNED NOW FROM OM because Bill Ryan is an idiot

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby ryguy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:38 pm

ScaRZ wrote:If we ban someone its for violation of the posted rules. Not because someone makes a point, good or bad.

lol...what did he say about looking and sounding stupid. That statement above takes the cake.

Robert has done nothing to be banned. thats why he is not listed as banned. Pretty simple 5hit, really!!!

jeddyhi is a moderator, not an admin. He doesn't (at least as of the time I was there) have access to user IP information. Luci kept that information private from his moderators. Just because John is viewing the member banlist (of member names) doesn't mean Lucianarchy/Brendan, the forum-game-playing-extraordinaire - isn't blocking Robert's IP in the admin controls because he doesn't like what Robert is saying. I would much more quickly assume Luci is playing games, than that Robert is lying about having his IP blocked - just based on Luci's past forum behavior. John just "doesn't know what he doesn't know" - obviously.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby robertfenix » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Well it seems to save face for what ever reason my access point has been "un banned" over at OM.

SO now that I can see the forums again, it appears that our good friend GW has decided to say I am full of it and have no clue what I am talking about in regards to the magnetic degradation... oh well. I am not going to repost over and over again the same links all over the place.

So if he feels that way then so be it.
robertfenix

Postby ryguy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:57 pm

robertfenix wrote:Well it seems to save face for what ever reason my access point has been "un banned" over at OM.

SO now that I can see the forums again, it appears that our good friend GW has decided to say I am full of it and have no clue what I am talking about in regards to the magnetic degradation... oh well. I am not going to repost over and over again the same links all over the place.

So if he feels that way then so be it.

Robert - check back in your browser history for the error page you received earlier. Send me a PM or email if you need help.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby robertfenix » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:57 pm

PM Sent.
robertfenix

Postby I.P.Freely » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:44 pm

I forgot to add that i and I,m not alone on this at OM entirely agree with the point that RF feels he was baned for. Its only logical that any normal magnetic tape from that period would not survive such a trip. And this is why I think he nuts about this whole banning thing . RF just because you find something wrong with something BR posts in not way an insult against him so why would anyone hold it agaist you, Why do you find it so hard to understand you did nothing wrong.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:39 pm

Wow...it's amazing how much more interested people are in drama. lol

Basically, there's no evidence either way - robert is no longer banned from OM, and his history reloaded the page which now lets him in, my guess is he isn't set up to load from his cache, which might have showed the older error page.

There's no way to know either way, both say the other is lying - I've received emails from jeddyhi and luci stating that robert was never banned. Robert maintains he couldn't log in. The only explanation fair to both sides I can think of is that proboards had temporary login problems that affected only certain IP ranges, we've seen it happen here - even Shawnna at one point had problems logging in from her IP, while no one else had any problems.

My advice to Robert is to take jeddyhi on his word, that you won't be banned for your opinions. Censor your writing to be as neutral as possible if your point of view goes against that of the board / GW's in general. Just present the facts - and you should have no problem going 1 on 1 against GW (or anyone else) if you just use logic and reason. The best they'll be able to do is resort to telling you that you aren't "smart". lol... Of course - as a creative writing college professor always repeated - "If you have to tell it, then you've failed to show it." So ignore the insults and just politely shove the facts up their ___ . ;)

Good luck with that. I won't be there, as OM is a non-issue at this point, regardless of JR's haughty view of himself and the board. There are currently much bigger fish to fry.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dragonfire » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:55 am

As you know I said I wouldn't swap posts between forums, but in this case I copied RF's post here about the magnetic tapes and put in the tread at the other place :wink:

I just happen to agree with RF. I also brought up the fact I doubt any photos would have made it back to earth as well. Yeah, like we're really going to see those, LOL

Have you ever found an old roll you forgot about and tried to get developed. haha. fair at best. Ziltch if they are old. If there even is a planet named serpo with higher than we're use to radiation, hahahahaha no way. Just think what x-ray machines at the airport do, even in a "protective" baggie.

Haven't got a response there yet...hmmm could it be......
Irritating the world, one person at a time
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Postby I.P.Freely » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:46 am

you get a response because one is not really needed and thats because what RF Said makes sense. Now if any one here holds the belief that anyone there takes the posts word for word as truth is just plain ignorant (sorry if I mis-spelled that)

Let me try this one last time: NO ONE(GW excluded) BELIEVES SERPO TO BE TRUE. They are waiting to see if any evidence comes out that will convince them one way or the other. Why does it seem to impossible for you guys to grasp this .

If waiting to see what comes out is a crime then put me in jail . If not accepting what passes for proof here and wanting more evidence is a crime then imprison me first. No one has a problem that you have made up your minds thats fine. But it seems you feel we should not freely chose to have a different opinion. Thats what angers the other side even I get angry over that but have learned to control myself.
I still disagree with the same things you feel are proof as the first day I came here.
Only difference is I have come to respect your opinion and have a better understanding of why you have them. If only wish I thought you guys felt the same about your counterparts.....

I know I know back to the latrine I knew it was a mistake to leave.........later
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shawnna » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:13 am

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:10 pm

I was going to write an explanation for IPF, however Shawnna said it perfectly with the Santa analogy.

IPF, we are not non-believers, but we accept the truth when it's placed in front of us. We see dad dressed as Santa and accept the truth. You / OM see dad as Santa and want to see more proof - cause what if dad was just pretending to be Santa as a form of probable deniability - maybe dad dressed as Santa but you are sure you heard sley bells, and if even 10% is true ... "just imagine" lol

By the way IPF, if you want to truly play devil's advocate, try doing it against a position YOU hold. It's much more intellectually challenging, but you learn much more about the opposing opinion when you do it.

All I have to say to any one of OM mods is payback's a bi##ch.

Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby I.P.Freely » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:48 am

Miss and Ry the going back to the latrine is just me being goofy not really meant.

And it seems I always state what I am meaning best the second time around and that is at least for me I just want to reserve my final opinion on if there maybe someting real hidden in the middle of this story. I,m not ready to write off every word and line as being false though I highly doubt much of any thing is anything but fiction. My gut just tells me to wait and watch. And I don,t see anything wrong with that .

And santa ? that guy never came to my house my dad was mexican and never even got us a tree though we did always have a tub of tamales hmmmm
(last part is being goofy again)
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:58 pm

I.P.Freely wrote:And it seems I always state what I am meaning best the second time around and that is at least for me I just want to reserve my final opinion on if there maybe someting real hidden in the middle of this story.

You're right, you do express yourself more clearly the second time around. And I agree with you - there is something real hidden in the middle, or as I say "behind", the story. But I don't believe it has anything at all to do with an exchange program to an alien planet. In fact, it could have very little, or anything, to do with aliens at all.

Each time I read another update of either Serpo and Seinu, I'm constantly reminded of the Shakespeare line from the witches of MacBeth, brewing up their own filth:

"Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble."

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby kiwicocky » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:52 am

ryguy wrote:But I don't believe it has anything at all to do with an exchange program to an alien planet. In fact, it could have very little, or anything, to do with aliens at all.

-Ry

:bgthbup:

I was just thinking the same Ry. The more I read the more the ideology seems to show through.

Icky

And it makes me wonder about some of the 'names' who have lost the plot along the way.
kiwicocky
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Previous

Google

Return to Project Serpo