What the...

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

What the...

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:39 am

Hmm, there is something very strange going on at the moment. Tacitus Monroe is back on our screens and has updated his website with a couple of pictures and is claiming they are part of the photos promised by Anonymous way back last year.

What seems very strange to me is the fact that Tacitus would post anything at all in relation to Serpo? Most people appear to have accepted Serpo is a hoax and are moving on to more interesting and valid topics for discussion. How come Tacitus feels the need to promote the story in this way?

Hmm again. A number of people have asked in the past whether or not Tacitus could be someone on the side of those pushing the Serpo story. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest this and I have brought it up even when I was a mod at OM. The mere fact that he appears to be in possession of insider emails is suspicious in itself and because of this I thought he was probably someone closely connected with one of the Team of 5. While it may look like Tacitus is attacking the story, one thing he is definitely doing is promoting discussion of it.

Hmm once more. In the process of writing this post a member has pm'ed us with a helpful hint to have a look at the posts preceding Tac's announcement at OM.

From here yesterday:

Even those promised pictures which Anonymous said he would send out after last Christmas season, have so far not materialized to date...beyond some shown to Bill at Laughlin conference, including the dramatic photo of two suns setting behind the hills on a desert landscape which he concluded could be a scene of Planet Serpo.

Bill also told the radio host that even if those promised pictures appeared, skeptics could still disbelieve them and dismiss them as mere photoshop reproductions.

Moreover, the basic reason could be quite simply and plain why Anonymous is dragging his feet on those pictures is because he could have met fierce resistence from the opposing faction within DIA, I think! And even getting further postings out to the public appear to be in a limbo.

Hopefully, the disclosure process will continue and that with the combined efforts of Anonymous and his five DIA colleagues would somehow surmount difficulties among themselves within the DIA, and send to us a posting of two...

A posting of two what?!? :shock:

Taken from here:

Anonymous and Co. have gone too far in the revelation of Serpo and it would be in their interest to continue on despite difficulties.

I think Anon is pausing to give the impression that he has been stopped in his tracks to go forward with the Serpo Story...this is the way of the Art of War strategy as envisoned more than two centuries ago in ancient China by the brilliant military expert named Sun Tzu.

Never reveal to one's opponent one's true intention and just keep the opponent guessing and spring a surprise on him...at the most unexpected moment...!

That was when Tacitus made his post, in direct response to the above.

It seems clear to me that Tacitus is doing everything he can to promote discussion wrt Serpo, in tandem with Serpo's major cheerleader at that! Why use such crappy pictures though?

One other intriguing thought I've had but I'm loathe to share at the moment, is that Tacitus is promoting Serpo while at the same time putting the brakes on one of its major pushers. Wow, a light has gone on in my head! Look at the emails from the fake anonymous episode again - there was a theme prevalent throughout those emails that was pretty difficult to miss. :shock:

If what I'm thinking is true, someone is far cleverer than I give them credit for.

Cheers,
Zep
Last edited by Zep Tepi on Wed May 23, 2007 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:02 am

Some things I noticed, after being alerted to recent events:

- Tacitus chose to post his info at a pro-Serpo forum.
- Tacitus responded directly and immediately to GW's claims with such a "surprise" (intended for who?)
- It appears, from Bill's immediate reaction, that Tacitus had actually revealed pictures from an actual planned release.

My immediate questions would be:

- Who was the recipient of the photos?
- Did some kind of explanation come along with the photos? (they're obvious fakes for heaven's sake).

If no one was shared these photos between the alleged DIA "insiders" and whoever received them - then obviously Tacitus has to be connected to those insiders. Or connected to the person who was going to release them I suppose - and released them to test the water?

Still doesn't explain why a previously anti-Serpo warrior would come out and release something for the Serpo "proponents".

I don't know - looks like a lame attempt to pour fuel on the dying coals. Please let the thing die and let's move on, shall we?

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby MikeJamieson » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:14 am

So (this is after seeing the two photos) should the venue for the
Burning Man festival be changed to this new venue (shown in the
photos)? Looks like a perfect site to me, with the two suns and all.
Get a faster tan there (all over, btw).

I guess we should ask Rick, Victor, Bill, Kerry, and Greatwaller if sunblock
should be used there, though, seeing how we certainly would require
their expertise in this question. Or, should I just directly contact the
Public Information Officer for the DIA?
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:34 am

On the question of Tacitus, it didn't necessarily seem like he was
acting like a proponent of the photos being real. I think he seemed satirical about it. He's a mystery and his getting those photos is a mystery.
Probably not to hard to hoodwink a shyster in coughing up the photos (seeing how no one knows who
Tacitus M is).
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:16 pm

ryguy wrote:Some things I noticed, after being alerted to recent events:

- Tacitus chose to post his info at a pro-Serpo forum.
- Tacitus responded directly and immediately to GW's claims with such a "surprise" (intended for who?)
- It appears, from Bill's immediate reaction, that Tacitus had actually revealed pictures from an actual planned release.

My immediate questions would be:

- Who was the recipient of the photos?
- Did some kind of explanation come along with the photos? (they're obvious fakes for heaven's sake).

If no one was shared these photos between the alleged DIA "insiders" and whoever received them - then obviously Tacitus has to be connected to those insiders. Or connected to the person who was going to release them I suppose - and released them to test the water?

Still doesn't explain why a previously anti-Serpo warrior would come out and release something for the Serpo "proponents".

I don't know - looks like a lame attempt to pour fuel on the dying coals. Please let the thing die and let's move on, shall we?

-Ry

Another thing is why would TM choose to post in the OM thread....PROJECT SERP0 - An exploration in prose, which is a thread created for Greatwaller's work instead of posting this in the Main Serpo Thread?
It was like TM was playing off Greatwallers earlier post yesterday.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shawnna » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:39 pm

It's all a bunch of game-playing dolts with nothing better to do .

Stirring up interest keeps the game going.

:BSFLG:
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:45 pm

What's even more interesting ScaRZ is the fact that Victor has streamed a number of emails today regarding the Serpo pictures, yet failed to mention anything about Tacitus Monroe!

He rants on about bathroom-clad forum freaks as usual, yet completely fails to mention the events of yesterday as they transpired. He claims the Serpo website was hacked, which suggest that the images Tacitus has on his site were intended for release today, yet absolutely neglects to inform his listmembers anything about Tacitus. Can you say "Hmmm"? :shock:

Yeah, I have a pretty good idea what is going on here.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:50 pm

In fact, through reading through the other emails I get an even stronger suspicion of Tacitus' close personal involvement with those connected to the Serpo story. Apparently Victor and Co were told there were problems with the pictures and I would bet TM's job was to release the pictures on his site to gauge public reaction. Either that or create even more drama for what is in effect a damp squib.

It all smells fishy and concocted if you ask me. The fact that Victor neglects to mention Tacitus Monroe is very telling, IMHO.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby MikeJamieson » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:30 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:In fact, through reading through the other emails I get an even stronger suspicion of Tacitus' close personal involvement with those connected to the Serpo story. Apparently Victor and Co were told there were problems with the pictures and I would bet TM's job was to release the pictures on his site to gauge public reaction. Either that or create even more drama for what is in effect a damp squib.

It all smells fishy and concocted if you ask me. The fact that Victor neglects to mention Tacitus Monroe is very telling, IMHO.

Cheers,
Zep

Seeing all this information, what you say makes sense. So, no one has
a clue to who Tacitus is? (I haven't followed the details on that one.)
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:52 pm

I think there are a number of possibilites wrt TM's identity.

He is one of the behind the scenes sources Victor keeps referring to.
He is Victor. He does seem to like a good drama...
He is the source of everything Victor is receiving.
He is someone connected with the original Team of 5.

In short, someone invovled at the very heart of these releases.

As we have seen mentioned often before, who benefits?

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Shawnna » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:22 pm

Hey Zep - I haven't seen this discussed before.

I believe Tacitus has posted here before - has there been any analysis of the IP? If TM is one of the Team of 5 - we know TM doesn't have any computer savy.

:shakeshead:

Given that TM has posted at OM recently - perhaps they'd be willing to partner with us on analyzing the IP? Or even hunting down the identity of TM?

It may be a way for the two forums to put down the hatchet and move forward?

Just an idea.....

Always,
Shawnna
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:02 pm

Victor is claiming to have close ties with a NSA insider? (Just read
his six part email over at OM.)

Anyway, time to get out of my dumpy bathrobe and play in the snow.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:20 am

I think Victor is pointing the finger in your direction Zep as the hacker. No surprise in that one, he always does.
I guess things got to quiet and they need to pull you guys back in again.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:36 am

How perceptive of you ScaRZ.

I suppose I/We should be honoured by the attention... :?

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:41 am

Springer has said before on RU that he knows who TM is.
Springer should know which camp TM is in just by who he is.
Was Springer just shooting off at the mouth or does he really know who TM is?
Maybe Springer will come in and answer this question and I will let it rest.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to Project Serpo