Bill Ryan and Scientology

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Bill Ryan and Scientology

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:55 am

The following was sent from one of my favorite authors, Colin Bennett, to Jack Sarfatti:

----

On Jan 12, 2007, at 3:29 PM, COLIN BENNET wrote:

Hello all Savants,
Thank you George and Jack for this. I got roundly howled at by Pippin for suggesting that Ryan and Burische were frauds. By the way The Sunday Times gave a general warning about Scientology recently. Here is the adddress and some details. Distribute and paste as you wish.
Colin Bennett
Author, London
The New Fortean Times
www.combat-diaries.co.uk
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 87,00.html

The Sunday Times January 07, 2007
Revealed: how Scientologists infiltrated Britain's schools
Insight: Drugs charity is front for "dangerous" organisation

Devotees of the Church of Scientology have gained access to thousands of British children through a charity that visits schools to lecture on the dangers of drugs. A Sunday Times investigation has found that Marlborough College is one of more than 500 schools across Britain where the charity has taught.
Critics of the charity, Narconon, say it is a front to promote the teaching of Scientology - the controversial "religion" founded by L Ron Hubbard, the science fiction writer. Schools contacted last week said they knew nothing about the charity's links with Scientology. There is no apparent reference to the church in its drugs education literature.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension


Postby I.P.Freely » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:30 am

ok I am not trying to nit pick but where is the connection?
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:46 am

I.P.Freely wrote:ok I am not trying to nit pick but where is the connection?


lol...you're not nitpicking - what do you mean, where is the connection to what?

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby I.P.Freely » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:52 am

how he BR with the freaks. Or its just they are both mentioned and not meant to be connected.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:56 pm

Are you saying you're not aware of the connection between Bill Ryan and the Church of Scientology?
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:20 pm

ryguy wrote:Are you saying you're not aware of the connection between Bill Ryan and the Church of Scientology?


But Ryan- what are we to do with this?

I’ve never been a member of the
Church of Scientology, and am listed on the infamous Church of Scientology’s
“Enemies List” - see attached. It’s not been altered or amended – it’s on
the internet in several places. See http://www.lisamcpherson
org/cos/ftp/splist.txt , and search for my name as “Ryan, Bill”. It’s a kind
of badge of honor of which I’m proud; I have a number of good friends listed
there, too.
http://www.realityuncovered.com/forum/v ... b8e6fa1b28
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
User avatar
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: The Borg

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:07 pm

Ron's Org....Scientology....

You say Tomato....I say Tomaaato...

He uses the enemy's list as a shield - however, what belief system is Ron's Org based on? How different, really, is this break-off Org of Scientology different than Scientology itself?

From www.ronsorg.com:

Ron's Org (Ron’s Organisation and Network for Standard Technology) was founded in October 1984 by Bill Robertson in Frankfurt, Germany. It explicitly differentiates itself from the official and unofficial organizations of the Church of Scientology.


Ron’s Org consists in part of people who earlier have been members of the Church of Scientology but have been thrown out because they adhered to the original philosophy of L. Ron Hubbard, or left on their own volition when they saw that LRH’s philosophy was no longer being used in a constructive way. The others are people who have learned about LRH's philosophy in Ron’s Org for the first time, authentically and without pressure.


However, regardless of that:

The ROC is an association of organizations delivering, teaching and distributing standard Scientology and Dianetic Technology according to the teachings and principles of L. Ron Hubbard.


In other words, a scientologist by any other name...is still a scientologist.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:46 pm

The mistake was to say "Church" of Scientology. Bill Ryan is indeed a scientologist, but he isn't a member of the church.

Bill often says he is on the enemies list of the CofS, in the hope somehow of deflecting attention from the fact he is a very high ranking member of Ron's Org - part of the Freezone Scientology organisation.

If anything, the freezone's core beliefs go right back to Hubbard and are a more pure form of Scientology than the Church itself. Bill Ryan idolised Capt. Bill Robertson, the Freezone's founder.

There will be more information on this forthcoming, information that will put Project Camelot in a whole new light...

Stay tuned,
Zep
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:55 pm

Well, OK. But while I do find Scientology to be ridiculous- I also find Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, LDS, New Age Crapoidism, Buddhism (...have I missed any?) equally ridiculous. So in that sense, I have to conclude that one's religious preference is immaterial to this discussion- except to the extent that all religious categories cloud the truth of any perception of reality. Imagine a world without religious blinders!

To wit this from Luci's site about a year ago. (The zealot is GW and the evil, atheisitic mocker is Zep):

Re: "In defense of Serpo"
« Reply #85 on Feb 28, 2006, 3:17pm »
Remember mocker: Those who laugh last laugh the best.

Yet you still mock, when truth is starring you in the face.

Despite what you say or mocked, I believe the Serpo story and the adventure of the 12 courageous Americans to Zeta Reticuli.

I make myself clear, Mocker.

So do me a favour and buzz off!


Hahahahahahah!!!!!! You have to admit that's one of the funniest things GW ever said (from among thousands of his posts to choose from!) Perfect example of his religion (Serpism) clouding the truth.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
User avatar
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: The Borg

Postby I.P.Freely » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:06 pm

ryguy wrote:Are you saying you're not aware of the connection between Bill Ryan and the Church of Scientology?


I,m very aware that they don,t like because he did something to them in their eyes at least. Thats how you get on their enemy list so my good friends mother tells me she is one of those people. But you don,t have to be a scientologist to make that list . Thats about all I know so far I,m guessing I missed something?
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Postby I.P.Freely » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:25 pm

ryguy wrote:Ron's Org....Scientology....

You say Tomato....I say Tomaaato...

He uses the enemy's list as a shield - however, what belief system is Ron's Org based on? How different, really, is this break-off Org of Scientology different than Scientology itself?


-Ry


So I guess all christians are all the same too? Come on now so you hate BR but to start lumping different sects together is borderline racist in a way. And yes I said sect because is is some peoples belief . Maybe you and I may find that belief crazy, You and I might also be wrong. You have plenty of other ammo against BR without putting down others beliefs anyways.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Postby I.P.Freely » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:47 pm

ah so I see religious persecution must be that new direction this forum how very original. I may not share the same beliefs as these people but one of my best friends mother does and I respect her right to believe as she wishes. And I am personally offended and angered by your continued demonizing this form of belief. I wont say more now till i can gain more control it would be nice if you stop where you are going with this


Zep Tepi wrote:The mistake was to say "Church" of Scientology. Bill Ryan is indeed a scientologist, but he isn't a member of the church.

Bill often says he is on the enemies list of the CofS, in the hope somehow of deflecting attention from the fact he is a very high ranking member of Ron's Org - part of the Freezone Scientology organisation.

If anything, the freezone's core beliefs go right back to Hubbard and are a more pure form of Scientology than the Church itself. Bill Ryan idolised Capt. Bill Robertson, the Freezone's founder.

There will be more information on this forthcoming, information that will put Project Camelot in a whole new light...

Stay tuned,
Zep
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:54 pm

I.P.Freely wrote:ah so I see religious persecution must be that new direction this forum how very original. I may not share the same beliefs as these people but one of my best friends mother does and I respect her right to believe as she wishes. And I am personally offended and angered by your continued demonizing this form of belief. I wont say more now till i can gain more control it would be nice if you stop where you are going with this


IPF, you quite clearly do not understand Scientology. I strongly recommend actually reading about a subject before you spout off and attack something that has been written here. Your post above is well out of order and I suggest you retain control very quickly before you post such nonsense again.

Strong hint: Scientology is not a religion... :roll:

Cheers,
Zep
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:14 pm

Strong hint: Scientology is not a religion...


Zep- I have to disagree. Webster says a religion is: "a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith." Scientology and indeed, Serpology complies with this definition. Even though Scientology is an inane religion it is a religion nonetheless. So Ipeefreely is correct. In my opinion, all religions are stupid but they're still religions. Seems as if the humans need 'em. The 'opiate of the masses' syndrome.

See this site for further elucidation: http://www.religioustolerance.org/rel_defn.htm

And from the official Scientology website this:

Scientology is the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, others and all of life. The Scientology religion comprises a body of knowledge extending from certain fundamental truths.

cs
Last edited by cartoonsyndicate on Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
User avatar
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: The Borg

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:18 pm

There are many sites that argue both for and against Scientology as a religion.

For IPF to claim an attack on Scientolgy is religious persuction is quite frankly absurd.

Cheers,
Zep
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Next

Google

Return to Project Serpo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

cron