Revealing Tacitus

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Revealing Tacitus

Postby ryguy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:04 am

Operation Tacitus Revealed

What's left to say about Tacitus? Only one thing - Tacitus was an Operation, a group, and not a real person. The operation was completed many months ago and the goals set forth for the operation have been accomplished.

The goals were as follows:

1. Shake up the (at the time publicly unidentified) Team of Five.
2. Observe individual reactions to potential public exposure of their activities.
3. Observe where information from Tacitus to the team first surface.
4. Initiate the process of disclosure of the most important verified data showing the complicity of at least Rick Doty - again, observe who reacts and what the reactions are.

Those supporting the operation were:

Shawnna and Kate (Eagles disobey) in obtaining the website, financing and setting it up. Steve, Ryan and Shawnna in producing direction, text, forum communications , website updates, and email communications from Tacitus. All those mentioned here, and others who were also aware of the operation when it was ongoing (and were wonderfully trustworthy in maintaining confidence), were fully supportive of the intent and goals set forth by the operation - which was to facilitate disclosure of the source(s) of the Project Serpo hoax. Part of the operation (as with all of our operations) is eventual disclosure of the operation itself, in concert with the resulting data and conclusions.

Project Results and Conclusion

The actions of Tacitus resulted in panic between members of the "Team of 5". Resulting drastic actions from Victor and Rick - from the hoaxed AOL virus to discredit Tacitus, threats to inject a virus on his web server, and direct email threats from Rick Doty himself, helped to determine the individuals with the highest level of complicity in Project Serpo. For the record - direct contact from Victor and Rick was extremely harsh and offensive. Direct contact from Kit Green was extremely cordial and inquisitive. Direct contact from Hal was non-existant. Contact from Bill Ryan was the same as his public statements - expressing a desire to understand Tacitus' motivations (at one point Kerry wanted to interview him) and expressing disapproval and some insults, but no direct or harsh attacks or counter-attacks.

The Tacitus releases were coordinated to ellicit reaction from the potential source of the Serpo releases (governmental or not), and in that goal, the operation was highly successful. Many individuals came out of the woodwork in reaction to Tacitus, information was provided to Tacitus that otherwise never would have seen the light of day, and ultimately Tacitus was the catalyst that helped to eventually reveal the following facts:

1. Rick Doty was the source of Serpo releases.
2. Rick Doty was the sole source of at least the initial Paul McGovern emails and likely most of the other "confirmation emails" in the initial Project Serpo releases.
3. Rick Doty threatened those who would expose his activities.
4. Four so-called "Aviary" members were active behind-the-scenes in at least the distribution process of Project Serpo, if not also the creation of it (two members of the team being email list and website distributors and promoters of the releases).

Conclusion

This is all old news at this point - hence the release of this info. Rick Doty's involvement in Project Serpo has been satisfactorily validated. The involvement of Kit Green and Hal Puthoff in the To5 exchanges is public knowledge at this point. The release of all of the relevant and important details (related to the Team of 5) surrounding the dissemination process of Project Serpo has been uncovered and revealed.

The remaining issues under investigation involve the motivation of the critical members of the "Team of 5". Those include the long-term Aviary members listed above, as well as Bob Collins. These motivations are outside the scope of this particular operation and are still under investigation.

Since the recent major moderator/team changes of RU, other forums, people not central to the core story, and other irrelevant investigators or researchers are not a part of our investigations. The focus is now only the plot, the "core story", and the central characters - both inside and outside government, related to disclosure of the government's knowledge and activities in the field of ufology.

Speculation regarding the motivations of the Team of 5 members (and others outside the team) is sure to take place by individuals on both sides of the fence. A great deal of information has been obtained and continues to flow related to those motivations and the identities of the individuals inside and outside of the Team of 5 who were and are involved. That information will be published at a future date once validation and thorough, non-speculative, corroboration is completed. While this operation was related to the Project Serpo hoax, the intentions and actions of the remaining critical and important individuals are beyond the scope of this operation, and are not so much related to Project Serpo, but to the central so-called "core story".

Thanks to Tacitus for a job well done with Project Serpo. We'll miss the Latin. ;)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:24 pm

It seems to me that Bren raised the possibility that TM was an amalgam of RU mods way back when. It was vehemently denied at the time by RU- especially by Shhawna. The speculation concerning the identity of TM was allowed to fester unabated for months. The members of both forums were played as fools. And for what purpose? It was patently obvious from the very beginning of the Serpo b.s. that it was the work of Rick Doty and Bob Collins. And the result of the RU/TM deception? The same concurrence. The TM tactic is not dissimilar to the Moore deception concerning the issuance of false MJ12 material in order to elicit response from the UFO community. That deception has been roundly condemned here.

So I ask you- was it worth it?

cs
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ryguy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:42 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote: The TM tactic is not dissimilar to the Moore deception concerning the issuance of false MJ12 material in order to elicit response from the UFO community.

Big difference of course - this action was in order to elicit response from outside/above the UFO community, in particular directed toward those who are responsible for injecting stories/hoaxes promoting the folklore into the UFO community. Those with the intention of initiating future deception and never intending that those actions will see the light of day.

So I ask you- was it worth it?

cs

Yes, very much so. As I said above, and I'll say again (related to what this action described above triggered):

"A great deal of information has been obtained and continues to flow related to those motivations and the identities of the individuals inside and outside of the Team of 5 who were and are involved. "

In addition:

That involvement that I refer to is not so much Project Serpo and Rick's shenanigans anymore, but a continuing campaign to produce similar stories in coming years... Tacitus was an injected antidote to that viral campaign. Was it worth it - absolutely.

Cheers,
-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:39 pm

Big difference of course - this action was in order to elicit response from outside/above the UFO community, in particular directed toward those who are responsible for injecting stories/hoaxes promoting the folklore into the UFO community. Those with the intention of initiating future deception and never intending that those actions will see the light of day.

According to Phil Klass, Brad Sparks and even Stan Friedman, Bill Moore had similar motives. I see the TM and Moore deceptions as having distinctions without differences. And ultimately it is your credibility that has suffered. (When Sparks advised Moore to forgo his scheme it was based on this very same credibility issue.)

And while you may have achieved some success in this ruse, I maintain the the ends do not justify the means.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ryguy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:45 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:And while you may have achieved some success in this ruse, I maintain the the ends do not justify the means.

Yes - I suppose you're right in a sense. Many would rather sit back in their armchairs and allow the government, Ron's Org, hoaxters, etc....to continue running rampant throughout ufology unchecked. Stick to the old ways, allow viral memes to spread throughout this subculture - discuss it, dissect it, ask proper questions and provide the given answers/lies. Let it spread and infect... Allow the members of this subculture to continue to be used as test subjects.

Well I disagree. The truth will only come out regarding the government's interest/activity in ufology when a new breed of researcher rises up and decides enough is enough - and has the sense to get up and fight back. We've met a good number of such intelligent and wonderful researchers, and the list grows every day.

To the extent that this possibly represents an actual form of disclosure - if the government (or whomever) thinks disinfo/info is an appropriate form of disclosure (too easily confused with the outright hoaxes) - then they better the hell smarten up. Disclosure needs to be clear and verifiable - or don't bother.

-Ry
Last edited by ryguy on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:03 pm

wow! i just took a ride on OM for the first time in months. Guess who's back?? The Goddess, herself!!! In full blown sackcloth-contrition! hahahahaha! She's being consoled by- ta'da.. Jakereason! Apparently she's erected a new web site: www.stevebroadbentsucks.com in a petulant fit of revenge against Zep and Ry. (She's well known for such childish paroxisms.) This entire state of affairs is simply too ridiculous to be believed. Theshadow even claims she's grown balls! GW calls her a 'bitch in a pigskin sack' or something. And Ivo and Bren are busy drilling her a new one.

Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!

cs
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:55 pm

As Ryan has already so elequently stated above, Tacitus Monroe was created as an undercover effort to obtain information about and from the principal players involved in the Serpo story. These people already knew we were focused on uncovering the truth of the story and were hardly likely to offer us any kind of information willingly. Also, because the operation was a success in every way imaginable, WE were hardly going to admit to the operation and give the game away when asked or accused! I find the fact that people are saying "They lied about being Tacitus!" as significant in any way to be a highly ridiciulous assumption. Of course we were not going to admit to being behind Tacitus. The longer the people creating the Serpo hoax can go thinking there is an unknown factor involved in the equation the better. Tacitus made them extremely nervous and they made many mistakes as a result of this. As one of the principal insiders behind the scenes said very recently: "Tacitus was a tool created to do a job, and it did that job very well."

The operation would also show whether we were dealing with a government sponsored effort or simply a bunch of amateurs intent on hoaxing the UFO community yet again. The mere fact they were singularly unable to locate even where the Serpo.info website was located should give you a very strong indication of whether we were dealing with "officials" or amateurs. They couldn't trace the website, they couldn't trace the emails and were left floundering in the dark at every single point of the Tacitus episode. Rick Doty's efforts in attempting to trace Tacitus were highly amusing to say the least. If this had been a USG-sanctioned operation Tacitus would have been found within minutes. These people were unsuccessful and they had months to try and find him.

We already knew the people behind this were being dishonest and outright lying when questioned about aspects of the story we knew to be untrue. They used every trick in the book in an attempt to convince people this information was coming from legitimate sources. They lied, misdirected, cheated and used deception every step of the way. You want us to play nice with these people!? We fought fire with fire and it worked. I find it quite telling that certain people think nothing of being treated like this but shout to high heaven when the hoaxers have it done to them. Where do their loyalties lie, to the truth or to having perceived "privileges" and maintaining those priviliges regardless of the information that uncovers the hoaxers games? You already know the answer to that question. Instead of actually looking at the information we have provided, "friends of disclosure" simply join their hoaxing friends and attempt to shout down this information by way of deception and misdirecting their readers with irrelevant noise. I read today that they think they have "debunked" our information every step of the way and proved it wrong. I have to say, I haven't laughed so much in a long time! Sane individuals have no problem discerning the truth from the fantasy. I'm amazed they still haven't worked that one out. In saying that, I think they HAVE worked it out and continue regardless. I wonder why?

Let me pause to mention something else I've read over there today. I must admit I was quite stunned to see this, posted here by "Admin". Admin is using those emails as some kind of justification to show that we have witheld important information. Jakereason then followed up that post by saying we had "suppressed" this information. Wow, I thought most people already knew about those photos. Sure, the photos are "real" but they are NOT photos of UFO's! They are photos of a lighting rig used at a rock concert YEARS AGO and have been debunked as such for just as long! I honestly cannot believe that an administrator of a UFOlogy-related website would not know this and instead use those emails as some kind of "justification" in his belief the information is relevant! What IS relevant and this is something everyone should be thinking about is why would Rick Doty attach a ridiculous cover-story to a set of photos that are known far and wide to be fakes? Go on, ask yourself that and if you do not realise the implications of that information then there really isn't much more that can be done. This is of course something that Doty has done throughout this saga, used KNOWN fakes which are then passed on by an unsuspecting Victor and Bill to a mostly knowledgable public with the end result being Victor and Bill having to move quickly in order not to become a laughing stock. I have to wonder if that wasn't the intention in the first place...

I met with some fellow researchers yesterday and was very pleased to hear their verdict on the Tacitus episode. The "AOL episode", the inability to locate Tacitus and the Tacitus - Doty emails posted on the .info website were enough to show them exactly what was going on and confirmed their own conclusions as to the nature of this "disclosure" (More information regarding this meeting will be disclosed at a later date).

The biggest surprise for me during the whole Tacitus excercise was the fact that it stayed a secret for so long. Initially there were 8 or 9 people that knew the truth about this. Their confidentiality was exemplary and as time went on the list of people that knew the truth steadily grew. One time, a researcher who's motives I suspected was given false information to see what would happen, and sure enough that "information" came back to me via another source. By and large we got it exactly right regarding people we could trust and for that I thank them. Their integrity levels are WAY above those of the people we have been investigating or those that defend them blindly.

I am pleased that this information is now public. The "Asset" has done us a very big favour regarding important information we can now tell without being burdened by having to reveal our sources or methods. Apropos the methods; I have already made a post regarding these methods in the private area but I'm a bit hesitant to post it because some of the comments are not very complimentary to a certain person but one thing they certainly do highlight is the "whole" story and not just the distorted view of one individual. I could do without having to go over old ground but one thing it will do is display the staggering level of hypocrisy on display at another website right now. I find it amazing just how short certain memories are.

More "startling" revelations will be made over the coming days and weeks, of that you can be assured. No b.s., no lies, no fancy misdirection aimed at confusing the facts - just the plain unadulterated truth. I'm pretty certain there are some people around who are not looking forward to this. We are working extremely hard behind the scenes in our effort to uncover this truth and are talking to the principal players on an almost daily basis. There is a lot of information that needs collating and verifying and it's turning into something of a mammoth effort. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was Serpo ;)

Geduld, freunde!
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:41 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:Geduld, freunde!
Zep

Hey - what's German for "Never underestimate your foe...."?
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:46 pm

That would be along the lines of "unterschaetze nie deinen Gegner".

A very solid maxim, IMHO.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:58 pm

My own feeling about the Doty hoaxes is that they were (are) designed to further the recommendations of the Robertson Panel- i.e. to make us all look like fools and Ufology in general to be seen as fatuous and ridiculous. My complaint about the TM ruse is that it also, albeit unintentionally, furthered those goals. There were better ways to roust this skunk.

And... that's my last comment on the matter. No lasting harm was done.

cs
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:26 pm

You make a very interesting point, thanks for that :)

The following on the Robertson Panel is take from here

Though the CIA's official history suggests that the Robertson Panel's conclusions were never carried out, there is evidence that contradicts this. Perhaps the most unambiguous evidence for the Robertson Panel's covert impact on news media reporting about UFOs is a personal letter by Dr. Thornton Page, discovered in the Smithsonian archives by sociologist Michael D. Swords. The 1966 letter, addressed to former Robertson Panel Secretary Frederick C. Durant, confides that Page "helped organize the CBS TV show around the Robertson Panel conclusions." Page was no doubt referring to the CBS Reports TV broadcast of the same year, "UFOs: Friend, Foe, or Fantasy?" narrated by Walter Cronkite. (Incidentally, this program was criticized for inaccurate and misleading presentations). Page's letter indicates that the Robertson Panel was still putting a negative spin on UFO news at least 13 years after the panel met.

Even later, Randles and Hough note that there was a "CIA memo from 1976" which "tells how the agency is still having to 'keep in touch with reporting channels' in ufology (in other words, to spy on UFO groups." (Randles and Hough, 103)

Some scholars have suggested that the Robertson Panel's true objective was to justify a CIA domestic propaganda-and-surveillance campaign, rather than to investigate UFOs. Western Michigan University sociologist Michael D. Swords has argued that the Panel seems to have been designed as an elaborate theater exercise instead of a serious attempt to get to the bottom of the UFO issue. Although the Panel put on a show of evaluating some UFO evidence, its scientific analysis was cursory and its conclusions mostly likely pre-ordained. Also, the Panel only looked only at evidence in the public domain, not higher-quality classifed military evidence. Psychologist David R. Saunders, a member of the University of Colorado's UFO study (the Condon Committee), had earlier expressed similar conclusions. Given that Dr. Robertson had worked as a high-level scientific-intelligence officer during World War II, he would have been familiar with the use of such tactics to hide a sensitive national-security problem from scrutiny by outsiders.

Interesting stuff, no?

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:05 pm

Haha, can you believe the bs that chief disinfo supporters "Admin" aka Brendan Burton, and "Jakereason" aka Rick Davis are spewing on their forum?!

I must admit, the levels they go to in miscronstuing the facts, taking quotes entirely out of context and spinning this story out of all recognition have left even me feeling astounded.

If people cannot see what it is they are doing it is time to really wake up and smell the coffee.

I do not believe this of all the moderators at the OM forum, but the actions of those named above are nothing more and nothing less than the actions of those ACTIVELY supporting an ongoing and current disinformation campaign directed against the UFO community!

Read their latest posts then read again the evidence as presented on this site (and elsewhere).

How can any other logical conclusion be reached?

I had suspected Brendan Burton was involved in something akin to this nature from very early on. I now believe Rick Davis is also fully aware of the intent of the Open Minds forum, that is to actively support any and all actions by known disinfo agents in making the UFO community a complete and utter laughing stock. They have consistently ignored the evidence that points out the glaringly obvious inconsistencies of this "disclosure" process and instead add to the confusion and misdirection in the vain hope that no one notices.

I not only believe they are deceiving their own membership, they are also deceiving their own mod team members in the disguise they are wearing.

If you don't believe me, read the latest posts and then tell me how any other conclusion can be reached. In my opinion, it cannot.

It is blatant.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:16 pm

I'm not sure I agree regarding their complicity (although I admit I haven't read the latest you're referring to). I just thought that they are simply fervently and religiously wanting/needing to believe. People like that can misconstrue the truth so much to match their preconceived beliefs that it appears they are complicit in furthering the disinformation. I'm honestly not sure that it's intentional. Frustrating, sure - but not intentional?

And anyway - it gives them something to talk about rather than do research. Because that is all they do after all isn't it? Talk.

You've got several critical issues to pursue today mate - don't let yourself be distracted by the grammar school drama.
Last edited by ryguy on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:25 pm

I'm not sure I agree regarding their complicity (although I admit I haven't read the latest you're referring to). I just thought that they are simply fervently and religiously wanting/needing to believe. People like that can misconstrue the truth so much to match their preconceived beliefs that it appears they are complicit in furthering the disinformation. I'm honestly not sure that it's intentional. Frustrating, sure - but not intentional?

I must admit, that's what I previously thought too. I actually thought they simply believed in this and were simply very strongly defending the "thought" of disclosure. I don't see how their recent actions can be described in any other way than being complicit in the deception, however. It really is glaringly obvious when you look at their forum with that in mind.

No one can be that devoted to a cause that it actually removes all logical thought processes. I'm sorry, I don't buy it.

And anyway - it gives them something to talk about rather than do research. Because that is all they do after all isn't it? Talk.

Can't argue with that!

You've got several critical issues to pursue today mate - don't let yourself be distracted by the grammar school drama.

In progress mate :)

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby I.P.Freely » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:44 am

You can say what you like but this makes me very sad. You lied and no matter what your reasoning may have been I am one of the people you lied to. So I may not be stupid to think my opinion really matters to you but surely I can,t be the only
one who now has to wonder what else you have lied about. I wish it were not so.
Not like any of this really even matters anyways I just find it very sad.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to Project Serpo