Revealing Tacitus

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:22 am

I.P.Freely wrote:Your changing the subject again or at the very least answering too after my quotes.

No, I was simply pointing out something synchronistic with respect to my point about government policing the wild, wild internet. One might even say my original statement was immediately prophetic (leading by one day) of this eventual story that came out today. I was merely calling attention to this story.

I could care less whether you are of French descent. And as for:

I find it simply amazing that it is forgotten that without their help we would still be English

It was not forgotten. In fact, it was paid-back in spades in two world wars, and let's not forget how we tried to help the French in Vietnam, much to our dismay. So perhaps you can tell me what the French have done for us lately, after we sacrificed so many lives to bail them out of two German invasions?

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:14 am

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:
I.P.Freely wrote:Your changing the subject again or at the very least answering too after my quotes.

No, I was simply pointing out something synchronistic with respect to my point about government policing the wild, wild internet. One might even say my original statement was immediately prophetic (leading by one day) of this eventual story that came out today. I was merely calling attention to this story.

ok got it

I could care less whether you are of French descent. And as for:

Yeah well aware it was me just being silly

I find it simply amazing that it is forgotten that without their help we would still be English

It was not forgotten. In fact, it was paid-back in spades in two world wars, and let's not forget how we tried to help the French in Vietnam, much to our dismay. So perhaps you can tell me what the French have done for us lately, after we sacrificed so many lives to bail them out of two German invasions?

Ray

Yeah well aware my Grandfather was almost killed in the first. Nice of you to be keeping score on the wars are you adjusting for inflation of population lol.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:13 pm

So perhaps you can tell me what the French have done for us lately, after we sacrificed so many lives to bail them out of two German invasions?

Tried to save us from being rope-a-doped into our own Dien Bien Phu in Iraq? Oh and let's not forget our continuing love affair with freedom fries.

cs
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:03 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:
So perhaps you can tell me what the French have done for us lately, after we sacrificed so many lives to bail them out of two German invasions?

Tried to save us from being rope-a-doped into our own Dien Bien Phu in Iraq?

Oh yes... I am sure it had nothing to do with us finding the evidence that they were illegally doing business with the Hussein regieme, thereby defying UN resolutions which they (allegedly) supported to isolate his regieme. At least that was one area where the French and the Germans were agreeing... too bad it was against those "terrible" UN resolutions. And those countries have the gaul to call US the "cowboys".

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:04 pm

According to the Heritage Foundation in 2003:

http://www.heritage.org/Research/MiddleEast/wm217.cfm

* The United States remains the largest importer of Iraqi oil under the UN Oil-for-Food program. However, U.S. companies can no longer deal directly with Iraq for its oil imports. U.S. companies are forced to deal with third party vendors as a result of a ban on all American companies imposed by Iraq. In 2002, the U.S. imported $3.5 billion worth of Iraqi oil.[32]
* Iraq is the sixth largest supplier of oil to the United States. In 2002, imports from Iraq accounted for only 5 percent of total U.S. oil imports, dropping down from 8.5 percent in 2001. In addition, American oil companies have not signed a contract with Baghdad since 1972.
* In 2002, the U.S. exported $31 million worth of goods to Iraq.[33] The exports consisted mostly of agricultural goods and machine parts. U.S. sales to Iraq dropped off after the Gulf War and resumed only on a limited scale in 1996 under the UN Oil-for-Food program.
* According to the SIPRI arms transfers database, from 1981 to 2001, the United States was the 11th largest supplier of weapons and arms to Iraq, supplying approximately $200 million of Iraq's weapons imports. The top three suppliers, from 1981 to 2001, were Russia, China and France respectively.[34]
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Drewsillac » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:22 pm

Listen,
I love you all, but everyone needs to take a step back and not be so literal.
I'm completely completely completely CONFUSED at this point.

If someone wants to give me a "dumbed down" version of this Operation, it would be appreciated.

I'm 30 years old and feel like a 5 year old trying to learn to read.

Consider getting Ventrillo or Teamspeak and having Weekly Roundtable meetings and disscusions might not be a bad idea?

Record them and link them....

Anyway, i'll try to keep up...little me.
"So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. ...."
Drewsillac

Postby Max » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:39 pm

Drew, don't feel bad, it's easy to be confused when "toon" insists on hijacking every thread to make it a political statement against th Bush presidency.

We could be talking about Serpo, and toon will bring up how much he hates Bush. Talking about Tacitus, toon, hates Bush. Talking about UFO's, toon hates Bush. It's hard to have a coherent conversation about any subject and bring thoughts to conclusion, 'cause afte rall, what's important is that Toon hates Bush. 8)
Last edited by Max on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby vfrhawk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:15 pm

Max wrote:Drew, don't feel bad, it's easy to be confused when "toon" insists on hijacking every thread to make it a political statement against th Bush presidency.

We could be talking about Serpo, and toon will bring up how much he hates Bush. Talking about Tacitus, toon, hates Bush. Talking about UFO's, toon hates Bush. It's hard to have a coherent conversation about any subject and bring thoughts to conclusion, 'cause afte rall, what's important is that Toon hates Bush.

At least he´s consistent!
vfrhawk
Site Jester

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:35 pm

max- the hawk has a point.

and have i told you lately that bush sucks? no? well, bush sucks. hahaha
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby vfrhawk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:02 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:max- the hawk has a point.

and have i told you lately that bush sucks? no? well, bush sucks. hahaha

Appreciation at last! My life is complete!
vfrhawk
Site Jester

Postby Serpentime » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:10 am

I love you guys. LOL

You crack me up. :-)

Serpentime
"Life's fantasy... To be locked away, and still to think you're free."

-- Ronnie Dio
Serpentime
Valued Contributor

Postby Max » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:41 pm

Deleted
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Max wrote:Deleted
:nrsrchd: :nrsrchd:
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Drewsillac » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:16 pm

OK, I didnt mean to start anything.....I was just stating some stuff...
"So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. ...."
Drewsillac

Postby I.P.Freely » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:26 am

Drewsillac wrote:OK, I didnt mean to start anything.....I was just stating some stuff...

Its ok just don,t do it again lol
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Project Serpo