Shawnna's Last - A Lear Discussion

Suggestions and Improvements

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Postby Access Denied » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:17 pm

Springer wrote:His innumerable value is in the FACT that ANYONE who wants to share their well thought out conspiracy theories in a CIVILIZED manner is WELCOME on ATS as long as they aren't trying to hoax or sell the Membership something.

Who do you think you’re fooling Mark? The FACT is he’s NOT civilized and he IS trying to hoax the membership. Anyone can see that. Your continued support of him is an insult to the intelligence of your membership and the community in general.

Springer wrote:His UNIQUE images of the moon are certainly ripe conspiracy theory whether you agree or not.

They’re NOT unique and you’ve known this (and so has Ron Schmidt aka “Zorgon” and many others) since October of last year when I showed you my UNIQUE copy of the image…

The “Picture of the Century”
http://neverworld.net/lunar/

This is all documented here on RU…

Access Denied (was ATS = Altruism + Trust + Sincerity?)
http://realityuncovered.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=729

So tell us Mark what’s the REAL reason you’ve been kissing the a__ of a known hoaxer if he's not that good for your bottom line as you claim? Was it just a conidence that you unbanned him in conjunction with his C2C appearance and then promoted him to him a “Cospiracy Master”?

In my opinion you're just as much of a fraud as he is and you two deserve each other. :lol:
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]


Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:36 pm

As some have noticed, I did interact with Lear a couple times over the past year at ATS, first to answer his "challenge" for anyone to try to locate telescope photographs of certain areas of the moon he claimed could not be obtained other than going to Nasa's "touched-up" photos.

So, through several amateur astronomers who use some pretty amazing telescopes to take very details photos of the moon, I posted a non-Nasa copy of just about every area he suggested could not be obtained. His response? "Well someone must have touched them up." Um....okaaaay.... Then he proceeded to post this strange fuzzy image which he claimed was a "real" photo of a structure on the moon. Didn't look at all unique to me to be quite honest.

Then, more recently, he tried to prove, using a starting point of gravitational "neutral point" between the earth and the moon, that the moon's gravity is far greater than the 1/6th that all scientists have accepted. I proceeded to show him why all scientists accept 1/6th, with the appropriate formulas - and not starting with neutral point, which is variable and dependant on orbital positioning, the location of the largest land masses on earth and the moon (center of gravity is not center), etc... After laying out the entire proof and ending with = .16 (1/6th) of the earth's gravity. His response was...get this...."You are assuming the mass of the moon." LOL

Mass of the moon isn't assumed, it can be calculated based on orbital velocity, formulas for centripital force, etc.... But his comment right there was the end of the conversation...that proved everything I need to know about Mr. Lear right there.

I don't know why Springer supports a person who can easily be shown to be promoting untrue information - but I do accept he has befriended Mr. Lear and likes him as a person. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe he believes Lear's claims, maybe he believes the photos are unique, and maybe he believes there are alien structures/bases on the moon. In which case, I suppose you can't fault a guy or call him a fraud for believing someone who promotes fraudulent data. lol

I don't know what the answer is, to be honest. I know there's a contingent of ex-ATS members who appear to believe a mutany is in order. However, how large is that contingent? And what will really come of it? Anything substantial? From all indications - the mindless-believer contingent (such as Lear's/Sleeper's following) is much larger, and many times more vocal, than the analytical/skeptical contingent - and much more willing to dish out dough.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:43 pm

I don't want it seem that I'm dissing brother S. And I feel that he took my post in this vain.

ATS is most importantly 'provocative.' And, in my opinion, for that reason, significant.

The truth is that we know nothing.

That's all.

cs
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
User avatar
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: The Borg

Postby Springer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:47 pm

Access Denied wrote:
Springer wrote:His innumerable value is in the FACT that ANYONE who wants to share their well thought out conspiracy theories in a CIVILIZED manner is WELCOME on ATS as long as they aren't trying to hoax or sell the Membership something.

Who do you think you’re fooling Mark? The FACT is he’s NOT civilized and he IS trying to hoax the membership. Anyone can see that. Your continued support of him is an insult to the intelligence of your membership and the community in general.

Springer wrote:His UNIQUE images of the moon are certainly ripe conspiracy theory whether you agree or not.

They’re NOT unique and you’ve known this (and so has Ron Schmidt aka “Zorgon” and many others) since October of last year when I showed you my UNIQUE copy of the image…

The “Picture of the Century”
http://neverworld.net/lunar/

This is all documented here on RU…

Access Denied (was ATS = Altruism + Trust + Sincerity?)
http://realityuncovered.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=729

So tell us Mark what’s the REAL reason you’ve been kissing the a__ of a known hoaxer if he's not that good for your bottom line as you claim? Was it just a conidence that you unbanned him in conjunction with his C2C appearance and then promoted him to him a “Cospiracy Master”?

In my opinion you're just as much of a fraud as he is and you two deserve each other. :lol:



<:roflmao:>



AccessD, you're just a rude person who chose NOT to deal with because we CAN CHOOSE who we want to apply time to. Your attitude SUCKED and we didn't feel like dealing with it or you, simple as that. Just re-read what you posted here (I quoted it for ease of use) and it's pretty evident. ;)

Please people, what part of ANYONE WHO CAN BE CIVIL and captures the Memberhip's interest is welcome, do you not get?

You talk as if ATS is some scientific, fact based ONLY research outlet, it's a DISCUSSION BOARD for Christ's sake!

Ryan, for cryin' out loud! Have you not "got it" yet? It's a DISCUSSION BOARD, what the Members WANT the MEMBERS GET. The rest can simply NOT READ IT. ;) It's TRULY that simple.

A mutiny?! :lol: You REALLY need to stop reading what disgruntled, paranoid, EX members say dude, our staff, which was just expanded by 10 new Mods, is TRULY the finest group of people I've ever had the honor to work with. THis fantasy junk you all keep reading about is pure bollocks! :lol:

Matter of fact, Crakeur was just promoted to Mod today, ask him about all the nefarious happenings in the "back channels"... [smilie=to funny.gif]


Oh man this is just getting ridiculous...

Toon: No harm No Foul! ;) We are cool...

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer
Member
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Indian Territory

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 pm

Springer wrote:You talk as if ATS is some scientific, fact based ONLY research outlet, it's a DISCUSSION BOARD for Christ's sake!


Yeah - actually what I was trying to say, Springer, is that after dealing with Lear - I "got it" big time - that ATS is absolutely not a scientific fact based ONLY research outlet. My perception of ATS from when I first signed up was off-kilter, and based on the more skeptic responses, I assumed that's exactly what it was. At this point I think I've got a pretty good idea what ATS is and what the goals are... lol ;-)

A mutiny?! :lol: You REALLY need to stop reading what disgruntled, paranoid, EX members say dude, our staff, which was just expanded by 10 new Mods, is TRULY the finest group of people I've ever had the honor to work with. THis fantasy junk you all keep reading about is pure bollocks! :lol:


You should know me well enough to know that I don't believe things I read without verifying them. And regardless, it wasn't read - it was heard about over the phone. Something about "disgruntled ex ATS'rs" - however your comments about the source of that info are certainly valid. And haven't been confirmed - should have made that clear. I was only commenting on what I heard - not that I believe it - or even the size. For all I know it consists of 3 or 4 people whining about ATS. It certainly wouldn't be the first time (see netchicken's forum...lol)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby Springer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:50 pm

ryguy wrote:
Springer wrote:
Yeah - actually what I was trying to say, Springer, is that after dealing with Lear - I "got it" big time - that ATS is absolutely not a scientific fact based ONLY research outlet. My perception of ATS from when I first signed up was off-kilter, and based on the more skeptic responses, I assumed that's exactly what it was. At this point I think I've got a pretty good idea what ATS is and what the goals are... lol ;-)


Ahhh, now I see. You thought it was something it most def is not. That's utterly understandable! :)

ATS is there for the ENJOYMENT of people who want to discuss alternative topics without all the foul language, moronic "me too" posts, flame wars etc...

WHAT they want to discuss is up to THEM as long as it is within the limits of the TAC. We NEVER want to manage the TOPIC, we only strive to manage the TONE of the discussion. ;)


You should know me well enough to know that I don't believe things I read without verifying them. And regardless, it wasn't read - it was heard about over the phone. Something about "disgruntled ex ATS'rs" - however your comments about the source of that info are certainly valid. And haven't been confirmed - should have made that clear. I was only commenting on what I heard - not that I believe it - or even the size. For all I know it consists of 3 or 4 people whining about ATS. It certainly wouldn't be the first time (see netchicken's forum...lol)

-Ry


That's what was throwing me, you didn't make that little, VERY IMPORTANT part clear and you usually do... ;) Got it now. :@@: Should have guessed but didn't.

I actually thought you were granting these LOONS some gravitas in as much as they might have a clue, which they DEFINITELY DO NOT. :lol:

No worries. :)

S...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer
Member
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Indian Territory

Previous

Google

Return to Site Business

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron