RU V2.0

Messages from the mods

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

RU V2.0

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat May 03, 2008 12:15 am

Out with the old, in with the new

The redesigned main site is now almost completed. There are still a couple of minor things to finish off, the new Serpo section being one of them, the About Us section another, but all of the old content has now been exported to the new format and can be viewed by clicking the link above.

The structure and navigation of the new site is completely different to the old version, but all of the old links will still work as before thanks to automatic redirects from the old page names to the new. The new content sits on the (new) .net server, with the forum and the blog still at the .com address. The two addresses will be merged into one within the next few days, with only a minimal downtime of the forum while we transfer the database.

Let us know what you think! (Btw, that new background will take the place of this forum background; good or bad?)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Re: RU V2.0

Postby Access Denied » Sat May 03, 2008 5:34 pm

Well, you already know I think it looks great. :D

I also know how much work you put into that so all I can say is thank you! Your attention to detail is amazing.

I apologize for being remiss on writing a short bio for the "About Us" page, I will now get that to you in short order. :)

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat May 03, 2008 10:41 pm

Thanks AD. I haven't done my profile yet though, I was waiting on you so I would know what to write ;)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Sat May 03, 2008 11:13 pm

LOL I see how this works now... so you can make yours even better. OK, give me another 24 hours and I'll have something for 'ya :P

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to Site Announcements