Jesus & UFOs?

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Jesus & UFOs?

Postby ScaRZ » Thu May 08, 2008 11:34 pm

An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, “A fight is going on inside me...It is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, pride and superiority. The other wolf stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generousity, truth, compassion and faith. This same fight is going on inside of you and every other person too.”
They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply replied..“The one I feed.”

— Cherokee Native American
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby zplix » Sat May 10, 2008 8:33 am

MrPenny wrote:
zplix wrote:Well if comes from the tradition of the concept of a 'Creator' who creates nature. Ie., a creator who creates a created. hence 'he' cannot BE 'his' creation. Do you see what I mean?

Uh,.....no. I don't.

You're making the mistake of bringing "God" down to our level of logic and understanding. The "God" of Christianity cannot be known or understood. Omniscience isn't even a particularly good descriptor; as it doesn't help define the existence that is unknowable from our existence. The "God" of Christianity is not a creation of a "Creator".....but an uber-existence that has been, is, and will be.

Ironically, you may be missing the depth of spirituality that is reflected in the Christian God.

See what you say saying: "The 'God' of Christianity cannot be known or understood......The 'God' of Christianity is not a creation of a 'Creator'....but an uber-existence that has been, and will be'

All of that dogma is the distancing between you and actual direct spiritual experience. You know what love is don't you. You don't say 'Love' is unknowable. You can feel love. Well you can also feel ecstasy when inspired by psychedelics/entheogens which bring you into a direct contact with reality. THAT is real spirituality, not the intellectual abstractions you have been indoctrinated with.
When you experience the Land in ecstatic delight then that IS God, or whatever you want to call it that has the deepest meaning.
In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act~~George Orwell
zplix
Banned

Postby MrPenny » Sat May 10, 2008 2:36 pm

zplix wrote:All of that dogma is the distancing between you and actual direct spiritual experience. You know what love is don't you. You don't say 'Love' is unknowable. You can feel love.

Yup, I can feel love. But I can't explain why I love the woman who just refilled my coffee cup. Nor, why I have loved her since the fourth grade. Conversely, I can't explain why I don't love my mother. I don't find love to be "knowable"....only the feelings and sensations associated with the emotion. Clinically, I know love isn't even required for procreation and the continuance of the species. I haven't found anyone who can explain why two humans "fall in love".

THAT is real spirituality, not the intellectual abstractions you have been indoctrinated with.

You've made a mistake assuming I'm speaking from a belief system and not academically. And since when is "experience the Land in ecstatic delight", not an intellectual abstraction?
P.T. Barnum wouldn't stand a chance with this crowd.
MrPenny
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby zplix » Sun May 11, 2008 3:21 pm

When you have ACTUAL ecstatic experience is when!

[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act~~George Orwell
zplix
Banned

Postby Access Denied » Sun May 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Whoosh....
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google